Author Topic: Best fast food fries/Red Robin Burger?  (Read 13406 times)

Offline ReardenSteel

Re: Best fast food fries/Red Robin Burger?
« Reply #25 on: November 15, 2008, 09:54:25 PM »
I haven't done that in years!  Want some fries with that shake? Hahahahaha.

I'm going to do that tomorrow

(When Mrs RC isn't around) :shucks:

All love and respect to ACC, "shake fries" are really something. Something good. LOL  :p :-) :p
"When you see that trading is done, not by consent, but by compulsion - when you see that in order to produce, you need to obtain permission from men who produce nothing - when you see that money is flowing to those who deal, not in goods, but in favors - when you see that men get richer by graft and by pull than by work, and your laws don't protect you against them, but protect them against you - when you see corruption being rewarded and honesty becoming a self-sacrifice - you may know that your society is doomed."

- Ayn Rand
http://www.capmag.com/article.asp?ID=1826

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #26 on: November 15, 2008, 09:55:08 PM »
I'd like to help, but I have never been to Red Robin (hmmmm).

I'll come take you there for lunch one day Undies.  :-)

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: November 15, 2008, 09:55:41 PM »
As long as we're discussing fast food, does anyone still have a Pizza Hut in their neighborhood that stil serves beer?
This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #28 on: November 15, 2008, 09:55:53 PM »
Not really.  Red Robin has never been in my area, and whenever I travel there are always too many other opportunities to consider.  

My home away from home (Shreveport) does seem to have them but I have never seen one there.

We have them here Undies.

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #29 on: November 15, 2008, 09:56:15 PM »
We have them here Undies.

oooooh!!  :-*
This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.

Offline RightCoast

• Semper Fi means more than most will ever know
« Reply #30 on: November 15, 2008, 09:56:29 PM »

All love and respect to ACC, "shake fries" are really something. Something good. LOL  :p :-) :p

It is the special bond you form with the food that really makes the experience perfect.
nine eleven is a car
nine one one is an emergency service
September 11, 2001 was an attack
Never Forget, or Minimize.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #31 on: November 15, 2008, 09:57:27 PM »

Maybe when I'm in Shreveport soon, I'll attempt it at the Thunderbird Cafe (a 50's style restaurant) with one of their shakes.  You have not tasted a true shake or malt until you try theirs.  Their fries are pretty tasty, so I'll give it a try, just to be fair.  The idea of it, though, just makes my stomach cringe. :(

The Thunderbird's burgers are their best feature, though.  Cheeseburger, fries, chocolate malt.  Heart attack, here I come!   :p
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #32 on: November 15, 2008, 10:01:30 PM »
oooooh!!  :-*

Get your mind out of the grease trap.   :hammer:

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #33 on: November 15, 2008, 10:02:36 PM »

Thank you, sweetie.  I look forward to it.

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #34 on: November 15, 2008, 10:10:22 PM »
Maybe when I'm in Shreveport soon, I'll attempt it at the Thunderbird Cafe (a 50's style restaurant) with one of their shakes.  You have not tasted a true shake or malt until you try theirs.  Their fries are pretty tasty, so I'll give it a try, just to be fair.  The idea of it, though, just makes my stomach cringe. :(

The Thunderbird's burgers are their best feature, though.  Cheeseburger, fries, chocolate malt.  Heart attack, here I come!   :p

There is some sort of doo-wop diner in Raleigh that looks like an over-chromed singlewide.  I never stopped there, but if anyone's actually been there, let me know how it was.

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #35 on: November 15, 2008, 10:10:36 PM »
  Heart attack, here I come!   :p

Is that so much to ask?  :p :-*

Shake fries, mmmm
"When you see that trading is done, not by consent, but by compulsion - when you see that in order to produce, you need to obtain permission from men who produce nothing - when you see that money is flowing to those who deal, not in goods, but in favors - when you see that men get richer by graft and by pull than by work, and your laws don't protect you against them, but protect them against you - when you see corruption being rewarded and honesty becoming a self-sacrifice - you may know that your society is doomed."

- Ayn Rand
http://www.capmag.com/article.asp?ID=1826

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #36 on: November 15, 2008, 10:12:17 PM »
Is that so much to ask?  :p :-*

Shake fries, mmmm

I'll try your shake fries after I have my grits at Cracker Barrel tomorrow.

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #37 on: November 15, 2008, 10:14:06 PM »

I use to go to a Thunderbird Cafe in Dallas (Dallas/Mesquite border).  It's been gone many many years.  Their salad bar was in a carved-out '57 T-Bird.  

I really enjoyed their burgers.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #38 on: November 15, 2008, 10:18:45 PM »
There is some sort of doo-wop diner in Raleigh that looks like an over-chromed singlewide.  I never stopped there, but if anyone's actually been there, let me know how it was.

Thunderbird looks nothing like that, except for the interior.

However,  I have seen something like that off of I-75 in the parking lot of a Tanger outlet mall.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #39 on: November 15, 2008, 10:21:50 PM »
Thunderbird looks nothing like that, except for the interior.

However,  I have seen something like that off of I-75 in the parking lot of a Tanger outlet mall.

Where?  Tanger is my third home.  I go to that mexican place in the far east parking lot.  Its name escapes me for now.  It's some woman's name. 

Offline Chris_

« Reply #40 on: November 15, 2008, 10:27:14 PM »
Where?  Tanger is my third home.  I go to that mexican place in the far east parking lot.  Its name escapes me for now.  It's some woman's name. 

The restaurant I speak of is in the Atlanta area.  Just off I-75 at exit 212 in Locust Grove, GA.   I'm looking at the directory map right now.

Wait a second, that's not a diner (at least not by MY definition). It's Denny's.   :lmao:   :rotf:   For some reason, they made a Denny's look like what Chris described... overchromed single-wide. For some reason, I always thought it was some family-owned place when I drove by it.  Never mind.   :thatsright:

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #41 on: November 16, 2008, 12:18:46 AM »
I recently discovered Red Robin.  I agree, their fries are really good.

Is that really fast food though? Ours is a restaurant.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline THA HOUSTON PIMP IS IN DA HOUZ!

• I pimp; you GET pimped.
« Reply #42 on: November 16, 2008, 12:28:01 AM »
Whataburger fries.

And by they way, a Whataburger beats all.

Hands down.

Offline Thor

• General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!
  • In Memoriam
  • Native Texan & US Navy (ret)
« Reply #43 on: November 16, 2008, 02:01:27 AM »
The best fast food fries can be obtained at "Burger Time". They're in MN and ND. One has to be careful though because if the store isn't properly run, they can be cold and icky. Whataburger runs a close second. Watson's, a small local chain in N Texas & Southern OK is right up there, too.
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

I AM your General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson

Offline Uhhuh35

• Subtle Like A Nuclear Weapon
« Reply #44 on: November 16, 2008, 08:10:07 AM »
Good Lord I can't believe no one said In N' Out yet!

They're mostly on the West coast but as far as fast food burgers, they're the best!  :hyper:
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
— Albert Einstein.

Offline RightCoast

• Semper Fi means more than most will ever know
« Reply #45 on: November 16, 2008, 08:49:28 AM »
Good Lord I can't believe no one said In N' Out yet!

They're mostly on the West coast but as far as fast food burgers, they're the best!  :hyper:

In-n-out does have great fries; in my case its been so long since I've had them that I can't rate them.  :(
nine eleven is a car
nine one one is an emergency service
September 11, 2001 was an attack
Never Forget, or Minimize.

Offline Randy

• Resident Grouch with a
  • Odd
« Reply #46 on: November 16, 2008, 08:50:51 AM »
Longhorn Steakhouse

Texas Chili Cheese Fries
Gotta have the jalepenos with them :-)

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #47 on: November 16, 2008, 11:51:04 AM »
And just so's nobody is confused...

The closest Red Robin is the far side of Boston, but the ones I went to when in CA definitely had the killer fries.  I should ask someone to send me a jar of the seasoning they have at the tables.  There is of course a place here in town (Draught Pick Pub) which has what they call "Irish Nachos", which are criss-cut fries in spicy seasoned salt topped with taco meat, cheese, jalapenos, guac, and sour cream.  Yummy.

As far as burgers?  At RR, either the Bleu Ribbon or the Royal Red Robin Burger.  Then there's In-N-Out, double-double with grilled onions and spread only.

And for back home goodness, Blake's Lotaburger.  MUST.  GET.  GREEN.  CHILES.

For greasy gut-bomb goodness, nothing beats Sonic's Supersonic Cheeseburger with an order of Tots and "fry sauce".  If you don't live out west, you don't know what you're missing with fry sauce.

And, if you're in the mood for expensive ones, there's always Fuddrucker's.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline Chris_

« Reply #48 on: November 16, 2008, 02:47:15 PM »
As with burgers, In-N-Out has the best fries. 

They take whole potatoes and cut and deep fry 'em as they need them.

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #49 on: November 16, 2008, 04:21:46 PM »
Moved to the Food Forum.

My Shake'n Bake experiment didn't go so well.  I guess you can't DO an entire chicken and not have it fall apart.  Oh well... live and learn. 

BBQ sammiches for dinner tongiht.