Author Topic: Thor's Blog  (Read 6011 times)

Offline Thor

• General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!
  • In Memoriam
  • Native Texan & US Navy (ret)
Thor's Blog
« on: November 11, 2008, 05:07:57 PM »
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

I AM your General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson

Offline Thor

• In Memoriam
Re: Thor's Blog
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2008, 07:10:27 PM »
More blogging...
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson

Offline Thor

• In Memoriam
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2008, 04:46:32 PM »

Offline Thor

• In Memoriam
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2008, 02:35:18 PM »

Offline Thor

• In Memoriam
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2008, 11:43:52 PM »
New addition to my blog....... :)

Offline Atomic Lib Smasher

• Liberal Hunter
  • Just Say Nobama
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2008, 01:05:26 AM »
Not a bad little blog. Ya only update every now and then huh?

Liberalism is the philosophy of the stupid! - Mark R. Levin

Offline Thor

• In Memoriam
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2008, 12:47:23 PM »
Not a bad little blog. Ya only update every now and then huh?

My mind has been racing lately and I've been somewhat indecisive as to what I wanted to blog about. When I was working this past spring/ summer, I really didn't have time to blog.

Offline Thor

• In Memoriam
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2008, 12:30:11 PM »
a new post to my blog....... http://thors-spot.blogspot.com/

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2008, 12:34:47 PM »
So.....the sirens aren't working down there in Texas?

You got a dog or a cat, sir?

I've always found animals to be a better indicator, and an earlier one, when something's coming.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Thor

• In Memoriam
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2008, 12:59:53 PM »
So.....the sirens aren't working down there in Texas?

You got a dog or a cat, sir?

I've always found animals to be a better indicator, and an earlier one, when something's coming.

Just not working in Denison, Tx. Sherman's (the city next door) seems to work. It's a big fuss about them not working. Personally, I think it's stupid to complain about them not working because there are many other venues to keep an eye on the weather. There are six cats around here, but they stay outdoors.

Offline Thor

• In Memoriam
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2009, 03:31:43 PM »

Offline Thor

• In Memoriam
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2010, 06:07:14 PM »
another update on my blog: (not about the VFW, which seems to have been worth blogging about over the last week) http://thors-spot.blogspot.com/

Offline littlelamb

• Banned
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2010, 08:27:45 PM »
I enjoyed your blog Thor
Good girls are bad girls that never get caught.

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it, misdiagnosing it and then misapplying the wrong remedies.

Offline Thor

• In Memoriam
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2010, 08:30:30 PM »
Thanks. I'm going to work harder on blogging every day.

Offline IassaFTots

• In WTF-istan, I am considered a
  • Oh well, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway.
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2010, 08:37:55 PM »
I have it bookmarked.  Love the name!

Keep up the good work!
R.I.P. LC and Crockspot.  Miss you guys.

The infinite is possible at zombocom.  www.zombo.com

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline Thor

• In Memoriam
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2010, 05:20:12 PM »
New post up.... it's kind of sad.....  :(

Offline IassaFTots

• In WTF-istan, I am considered a
  • Oh well, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway.
« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2010, 07:53:31 AM »
BTDT......well except for the back issues, and the living in Minnesota part.  Glad you got back here though.  Sorry for your troubles. 
R.I.P. LC and Crockspot.  Miss you guys.

The infinite is possible at zombocom.  www.zombo.com

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline Thor

• In Memoriam
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2010, 01:23:23 PM »
BTDT......well except for the back issues, and the living in Minnesota part.  Glad you got back here though.  Sorry for your troubles. 

Yeah, it's kind of sad, but it pisses me off, too. I didn't even get into all of the issues because it would have been a book.

Offline cmypay

« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2010, 01:35:27 PM »
As well as you write, maybe it SHOULD be a book!  :cheersmate:

Offline Thor

• In Memoriam
« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2010, 02:04:40 PM »
Thanks!!

Offline soleil

« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2010, 08:21:22 PM »
Wow Thor! I just read your most recent blog. Again, and I say it so often, you never know what someone else is going through. You've been on one hell of a  bumpy road. I really hope you aren't confined to a wheelchair some day. I enjoyed reading your blog though, even as raw as it is. It lets me see a side of you I could never see here. Stay strong. You sound like one tough dude.

Your picture really reminds me of this person I know. He's a really good guy. Just wanted to say that.

I also think it is so good to write all of these things down. Get it out in some way. It is theraputic.

:cheersmate:

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #21 on: October 26, 2010, 11:55:21 PM »
Kinda sounds like what happened between me and the ex.  Strange how the jilted one is always the last to know.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline Thor

• In Memoriam
« Reply #22 on: October 27, 2010, 10:00:06 PM »
Kinda sounds like what happened between me and the ex.  Strange how the jilted one is always the last to know.

Ohh, I had my suspicions all along. Too many things didn't add up in the right way.

Anyways, I take on the local Walmart in my next blog entry. I also submitted an editorial to the local paper.