Author Topic: Palin denounces her critics as cowardly  (Read 7011 times)

Offline Wretched Excess

• Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happy Hour
Palin denounces her critics as cowardly
« on: November 07, 2008, 05:58:36 PM »

Go Sarah!  :bow:  she is still dishing it out.  cross this lady at your peril.

Palin denounces her critics as cowardly

Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin called her critics cowards and jerks Friday for deriding her anonymously and insisted she never asked for the expensive wardrobe purchased for her use on the presidential campaign.

"I never asked for anything more than a Diet Dr. Pepper once in a while," Palin said as she returned to the governor's office from her two-month odyssey as the GOP vice presidential nominee. She said the Republican National Committee paid for the tens of thousands of dollars in designer clothes and accessories.

"Those are the RNC's clothes. They're not my clothes. I never forced anybody to buy anything," she said.

Republican Party lawyers are still trying to determine exactly what clothing was purchased for Palin at such high-end stores as Saks Fifth Avenue and Neiman Marcus, what was returned and what has become of the rest.

She particularly lashed out at the anonymous Republican campaign sources cited in a Fox News report who said she did not know Africa was a continent, not a country, and could not name the three countries in the North American Free Trade Agreement — Canada, the United States and Mexico.

"I consider it cowardly" that they did not allow their names to be used, she said.

More

Offline jendf

Re: Palin denounces her critics as cowardly
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2008, 06:01:37 PM »
I've said it in another thread or two but Governor Palin is going to be just fine. She's a tough cookie who deserves better than a VP slot. People see these attacks for what they are: shallow, pitiful attacks by so-called members of the conservative base who are flat-out terrified at what she will do to their goal of moving us to the middle.

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2008, 06:04:57 PM »
I've said it in another thread or two but Governor Palin is going to be just fine. She's a tough cookie who deserves better than a VP slot. People see these attacks for what they are: shallow, pitiful attacks by so-called members of the conservative base who are flat-out terrified at what she will do to their goal of moving us to the middle.

if stevens pulls it out in alaska, she should run in the special election (after he is expelled from the senate).  even if she has to resign as governor to do it.  the senate needs a dose of Sarah.

and then she is set for 2012.

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2008, 06:23:13 PM »
Nicely done, Sarah, though I do have one small quibble with you..

Dr. Pepper. -- The most vile, disgusting sugary-laden swill known to mankind. Here is a very true, and somewhat embarrassing story about how much I hate that drink.

In the mid 90's I went with a couple of friends to a Burger-King in Newport, Rhode Island - we got our meals and one of my friends got the carbonated witches brew. Usually when I have my dinner, I will eat at least half of it before I drink anything, My friends had sampled their drinks, and thought nothing of the accidental switch that had occurred. I took a bite of my Whopper w/cheese, my throat was too dry and it was going down slow, so I grabbed the drink, and took a huge gulp.

My brain did not know how to process the liquid I just swallowed, I momentarily lost control of my body and immediately fell to the floor - right off the chair, to my right side, "Thud." Once I got up to peals of laughter, I said, "why didn't you warn me about the soda ?" the answer from the friend who ordered the Dr pepper was "why ?" - I explained that it was Dr. Pepper, and that Obviously, he had my Coke. he then said, "Oh, I forgot I ordered that."

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2008, 06:43:51 PM »

Dr. Pepper. -- The most vile, disgusting sugary-laden swill known to mankind. Here is a very true, and somewhat embarrassing story about how much I hate that drink.

In the mid 90's I went with a couple of friends to a Burger-King in Newport, Rhode Island - we got our meals and one of my friends got the carbonated witches brew. Usually when I have my dinner, I will eat at least half of it before I drink anything, My friends had sampled their drinks, and thought nothing of the accidental switch that had occurred. I took a bite of my Whopper w/cheese, my throat was too dry and it was going down slow, so I grabbed the drink, and took a huge gulp.

My brain did not know how to process the liquid I just swallowed, I momentarily lost control of my body and immediately fell to the floor - right off the chair, to my right side, "Thud." Once I got up to peals of laughter, I said, "why didn't you warn me about the soda ?" the answer from the friend who ordered the Dr pepper was "why ?" - I explained that it was Dr. Pepper, and that Obviously, he had my Coke. he then said, "Oh, I forgot I ordered that."

Agreed.   It is disgusting.

H5 on your story. 

Offline Jim

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2008, 06:44:40 PM »
I have so much respect for that woman its not funny.

I sent her an email thanking her for her service. 

We are not worthy...
We are not worthy...

ok you get it...
My fellow Americans, there is nothing audacious about hope. Hope is what makes people buy lottery tickets instead of paying the bills. Hope is for the old gals feeding the slots in Atlantic City. It destroys the inner-city kid who quits school because he hopes he'll be a world-famous recording artist.

What's the difference between Sarah Palin and Barack Obama?

One is a well turned-out, good-looking, and let's be honest, pretty sexy piece of eye-candy.

The other kills her own food.

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2008, 06:48:02 PM »

I kinda like Diet Dr. Pepper, but I usually stick with Coke.
This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2008, 06:50:52 PM »
I have so much respect for that woman its not funny.

I sent her an email thanking her for her service. 

We are not worthy...
We are not worthy...

ok you get it...

the second that she was tapped for VP nominee, I instantly wished that the ticket was reversed. 

Sarah Palin will be back, and when she gets here, she will be fully armed.

Offline Jim

« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2008, 06:55:18 PM »
I kinda like Diet Dr. Pepper, but I usually stick with Coke.

the DIet Dr Pepper people send us Christmas cards for buying so much
My fellow Americans, there is nothing audacious about hope. Hope is what makes people buy lottery tickets instead of paying the bills. Hope is for the old gals feeding the slots in Atlantic City. It destroys the inner-city kid who quits school because he hopes he'll be a world-famous recording artist.

One is a well turned-out, good-looking, and let's be honest, pretty sexy piece of eye-candy.

Offline Zeus

« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2008, 06:59:47 PM »
Dr. Pepper. -- The most vile, disgusting sugary-laden swill known to mankind.

Obviously you have never partook of Big Red then  ::)

Incidently Both Dr, Pepper & Big Red originated in Texas. I don't like either of themanyway.I am a Dew Dude.

Back in my drinking days was a drink called Dr. Pepper I drank occasionally. I large glass of beer, Take a large shot of rum,ignite,drop in glass fullof beer and chug the beer.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2008, 07:01:54 PM by Zeus »
It is said that branches draw their life from the vine. Each is separate yet all are one as they share one life giving stem . The Bible tells us we are called to a similar union in life, our lives with the life of God. We are incorporated into him; made sharers in his life. Apart from this union we can do nothing.

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2008, 07:01:04 PM »

can we stop talking about carbonated beverages? :rotf:

this thread really does have an original topic. :rofl:

Offline Duke Nukum

• Assistant Chair of the Committee on Neighborhood Services
  • O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2008, 07:03:27 PM »

Pretty much all of them are vile, disgusting, sugar-laden (or aspartame-laden) swill that don't really serve the body at all.  Water is a much better choice followed by some sort of freshly brewed tea.
“A man who has been through bitter experiences and travelled far enjoys even his sufferings after a time”
― Homer, The Odyssey

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2008, 07:08:31 PM »
can we stop talking about carbonated beverages? :rotf:

this thread really does have an original topic. :rofl:

I totally derailed this train.  :uhsure:  :uhsure:

Offline Jim

« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2008, 07:11:41 PM »

dont mess with Sarah !

I'd walk 20 miles across the frozen tundra on my knees just to stand in her shit.

ok maybe not quite that but you get the picture   :cheersmate:

Offline Zeus

« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2008, 07:11:54 PM »
Sarah Palin probably drinks baby seal Blood. Doubt you can get any in the lower 48  :evillaugh:
It is said that branches draw their life from the vine. Each is separate yet all are one as they share one life giving stem . The Bible tells us we are called to a similar union in life, our lives with the life of God. We are incorporated into him; made sharers in his life. Apart from this union we can do nothing.

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2008, 07:15:36 PM »
Sarah Palin probably drinks baby seal Blood. Doubt you can get any in the lower 48  :evillaugh:

Dr. Clubber ?    :hammer:

I am so sorry...    :popcorn:

( +1 )

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2008, 07:20:18 PM »

I usually count a good thread hijacking as a plus.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2008, 07:30:27 PM »
McCain did it to himself. He is his own worst enemy. He put Palin on a leash.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline Duke Nukum

« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2008, 07:35:44 PM »
McCain did it to himself. He is his own worst enemy. He put Palin on a leash.
I think they freaked out when they saw how much love and admiration there was for Governor Palin.
“A man who has been through bitter experiences and travelled far enjoys even his sufferings after a time”
― Homer, The Odyssey

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2008, 07:47:40 PM »
I think they freaked out when they saw how much love and admiration there was for Governor Palin.

The GOP Blue Bloods really screwed up.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2008, 07:55:17 PM »
The GOP Blue Bloods really screwed up.

that's crap.

LOOK, we got our ass kicked.  after devouring the exit polls, I can tell you where we went wrong.

we lost one out of every five 2004 bush voters, and demographically speaking, we lost young (18-35), unmarried, white females.  I think we lost them 58-42.  THAT is where we lost the election.

Offline Duke Nukum

« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2008, 08:03:03 PM »
that's crap.

LOOK, we got our ass kicked.  after devouring the exit polls, I can tell you where we went wrong.

we lost one out of every five 2004 bush voters, and demographically speaking, we lost young (18-35), unmarried, white females.  I think we lost them 58-42.  THAT is where we lost the election.

But why did we lose them?  I would say it was a lack of leadership in the GOP.  The blue bloods rewarded McCainez with the nomination for not jumping to the Democrat party back in 2001 and McCainez had no ability to lead.  All we heard from the blue bloods was "the era of Reagan is over" which was less than inspiring.

I was ready to sit out until Palin became the nominee.

There are two bright spots in the Obama win:  1) we got to meet and fall in love with Governor Palin and 2) John McCain isn't President.  Oh and 3) the Smithsonian no longer has that cursed diamond dragging down the country.  Three bright spots.
― Homer, The Odyssey

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2008, 08:09:44 PM »
But why did we lose them?  I would say it was a lack of leadership in the GOP.  The blue bloods rewarded McCainez with the nomination for not jumping to the Democrat party back in 2001 and McCainez had no ability to lead.  All we heard from the blue bloods was "the era of Reagan is over" which was less than inspiring.

I was ready to sit out until Palin became the nominee.

There are two bright spots in the Obama win:  1) we got to meet and fall in love with Governor Palin and 2) John McCain isn't President.  Oh and 3) the Smithsonian no longer has that cursed diamond dragging down the country.  Three bright spots.

republican turnout was down.  you see it in the ohio turnout.  ohio as a state was flat (believe it or not), and turnout in cuyahoga county was actually DOWN.  and we lost indiana;  we won that state by 21%, over 500,000 votes, in 2004.

we just got our asses kicked.

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2008, 08:10:58 PM »
oh, the reason would be that john mccain was a crappy candidate, and even Sarah Palin couldn't save him.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2008, 08:32:19 PM »
You know, I was a little nervous about the second week after Sarah Palin had been selected--I wish I'd expressed this anxiety at the time, so as to improve my record to at least being 1% correct in predictions.  But I didn't air my anxiety.

I got the impression, after Sarah Palin was proving so popular, that the old guys in the McCain campaign suddenly got insecure.

And insecure people, to keep something from getting out of their control, usually try to suppress, to stamp down, things.

And so the campaign.

The sad thing is, we secure people don't worry about a right-hand man or a second-in-command outshining us; and if it helps move us up, we allow that right-hand man or second-in-command to keep shining, to do most of the work for us.

If John McCain had sincerely wished to win the election, he could have just sat back, relaxed, gotten mellow, and let his running-mate do all the campaigning.  But no, his ego got in the way; he was supposed to be the "star," not her.
apres moi, le deluge