Author Topic: Positives in this election  (Read 1743 times)

Offline Tucker

• Making money the old fashioned way- Paid Mole
Positives in this election
« on: November 07, 2008, 09:53:04 AM »
Looking for something positive in this election.

Tennessee county map. :-)

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25381307?ocid=d08ElectionNightMSNGlobal

Tennessee bucked the trend and took control of both houses of state government.

Mumpower declares GOP has House majority for the first time since Reconstruction

http://www.nashvillepost.com/news/2008/11/4/republicans_may_take_control_of_the_state_house

State Democratic leaders did not seem to contest the change in power late Tuesday night.

"It appears the Republicans have a one seat majority," Democratic House Caucus Press Secretary Addison Pate  said.

Ex House Speaker Jimmy Naifeh will not be able to block all of the pro gun bills now. Looks like the ability to carry concealed in restaurants that serve alcohol is going to be legal next year. :cheersmate:

(hey. Gotta look for something positive)
Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
Re: Positives in this election
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2008, 10:00:39 AM »
I'm in Columbia County and it looks like they're trying to surround me!  :o

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25362874/race/president
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline Odin's Hand

• is your new god!
  • Quarters Champion
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2008, 10:09:27 AM »
Oklahoma is the only state this Pres. election to have every county in the state go to the Republican. Utah and Nebraska did it also in 2004.

Tuck, we did the same thing here, only, we already had control of the House and took the State Senate for the 1st time.
"Hell is full of good wishes and desires"~St. Bernhard of Clairvaux

"Brave men are found where brave men are honored."~Aristotle

"Generally speaking, the "Way of the Warrior" is resolute acceptance of death."~ Miyamoto Musashi

Offline Tucker

• Making money the old fashioned way- Paid Mole
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2008, 10:31:45 AM »
Oklahoma is the only state this Pres. election to have every county in the state go to the Republican. Utah and Nebraska did it also in 2004.

Tuck, we did the same thing here, only, we already had control of the House and took the State Senate for the 1st time.

Way to go. Going all red will never happen in Tn. We have two large cities with a huge street urchin populace. I'm surprised that Washington county went red with the large moonbat enrollment at ETSU in Johnson City.
Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.

Offline Thor

• General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!
  • In Memoriam
  • Native Texan & US Navy (ret)
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2008, 10:54:36 AM »
MN allows carry in bars/ restaurants. Hell, a person can even have a beer, perhaps two (based on body weight and a 0.04% BAC max). MN law was really well constructed. I have a LOT of praise for the folks that wrote the law. (MN doesn't have a "concealed" requirement.)

Upon moving to Texas, I have to admit, the Libtards had a strong hand in the forming of their CHL laws.
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

I AM your General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson