Author Topic: Wayne Allyn Root  (Read 1964 times)

Offline ih8hippies

• Just Off Probation
  • hippie slayer
Wayne Allyn Root
« on: January 28, 2008, 01:26:43 PM »
A friend of mine sent me this link today. I think this guy has some good ideas... although I'm not on board with all of them. Then again, I've never seen a candidate that lined up with all my beliefs. As an independant, I'd throw my vote in for him. As crazy as it sounds, I like the flat tax idea... not usre how well it'd really work, though. And before I get the 3rd degree - I am not on board with all his ideas. Same goes for the Repub candidates.

As for the dem candidates...  :bird:

http://www.rootforamerica.com/home/wherestands.php

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
Re: Wayne Allyn Root
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2008, 01:35:21 PM »
He'd be a national defense nightmare:

* No warrantless wiretaps
Uh-h-h...Sparky it is the president's right--and DUTY--to use all means available to defnd the US.

As long as his targets are legit he is unbound.

*Admit the war is a disaster.
*Admit post-war planning was a disaster.
*Admit it's a civil war in Iraq- and our boys do not belong in the middle of a civil war. Our troops are not policeman.
*Let's show our true colors by requesting that the Iraqi people vote on America's role in Iraq. We are supporters of Democracy. We went to Iraq to build a Democracy. Let's support an Iraqi national vote on whether the Iraqi people want U.S. troops to stay or go. If they vote "Go" we should leave. PERIOD.
*If the Iraqi people vote for U.S. troops to stay, we should still make plans to get out of Iraq as soon as possible- but first make sure our friends and allies in the Iraq government can defend their young Democracy. We cannot punish our Iraqi partners and allies who took our word and stood by us- or America's word will mean nothing in the future to our allies.
*But we should at all times put pressure on the Iraqi government to achieve certain benchmarks- make progress, achieve specific milestones, or lose our support.
This is a bunch of nothing.

First, the war was brilliant.

Second, despite the lag in getting Gen Petraeus into the driver's seat nonetheless he is there now and he is brilliant; not a disaster.

al Qaeda is a hollow mockery of its former self exhausting its money, manpower and reputation on a war it cannot win. Over 20,000 jihadis have earned their virgins for their fool's gambit.

Stop reading the ****ing NYT and act like a man that wants to be Commander-in-Chief.

According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline ih8hippies

• Just Off Probation
  • hippie slayer
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2008, 02:54:24 PM »
I agree with everything you say - as I had said before, I don't like everything he stands for. It doesn't really matter, though. He doesn't stand a chance. I do like a lot of what he does stand for. I wish there were more candidates who are willing to give states more leverage when it comes to policy.

As a side note: JackZip has a better chance of scoring with a female sheep before Root gets in office.  :-)

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2008, 04:36:54 PM »
As a side note: JackZip has a better chance of scoring with a female sheep before Root gets in office.  :-)
I dunno...he's been rejected by sheep before.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2008, 04:48:35 PM »
the sheep was drunk and didn't know what she was saying
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2008, 05:05:35 PM »
I dunno.  He scares me.  He looks like the kind of man that would stab you with a spoon.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.