Author Topic: What happened in your state last night?  (Read 6681 times)

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
Re: What happened in your state last night?
« Reply #25 on: November 05, 2008, 01:26:42 PM »
Tennessee remained a solid red state (bite me, algore), and the GOP is likely to strengthen its control of the state Senate.

I'm on the opposite side of the state where it's allll red.

Think I'm going to start wearing red high heels a lot.... :evillaugh:
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #26 on: November 05, 2008, 06:00:04 PM »
I don't know what the boundaries of the 9the district are, but I met him at a "spring festival" at a town near where our family farm is located, as well as saw a lot of his campaign signs around the area, and he seemed like a good guy....glad he won.  I didn't know anything about his opponent, but looks like the voters made a good choice based on your description.....As I watched the returns last night, I noticed that he was running behind before I retired.

doc

Here's the Missouri 9th District results by county. I live in Randolph County

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: November 05, 2008, 06:03:30 PM by Eupher »
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline jendf

« Reply #27 on: November 05, 2008, 06:16:42 PM »
Arizona voted for McCain. The margin was bigger than I had expected because poll had insisted that The One could possibly win here.

We also voted "yes" on Prop 102 which will amend our constitution to recognize marriage as one man and one woman.

That was a nice silver lining in a turbulent storm.

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
« Reply #28 on: November 05, 2008, 06:27:28 PM »
Massachusetts. What can I say ?   :thatsright:

Stayed blue - Kerry Whupped a real war hero to keep his seat by a 2-to-1 margin.

all three ballot measures went wrong.

1 - Massachusetts residents like to pay income taxes, and will continue to do so.

2 - We 'decriminalized' weed. Now you can have up to an ounce, and if caught you lose your stash and get a $100 fine. Though an ounce doesn't sound like much on the surface, I'm told you can get about 60 'pinners' out of that much.

3 - Our last Greyhound racing track will be forcibly closed and all 1,000 or so workers sent to unemployment.

Offline Jim

« Reply #29 on: November 05, 2008, 06:31:30 PM »
VA went blue.  And that's all I have to say about that.  :banghead:

NVa has been a problem for some time.  With just a tiny increase in black and white guilt voting we tipped the scale.  It kills me that Henrico county (north of Richmond) went blue when they will be hit hard with the tax increases.  People there are idiots though.  THey will learn their lesson these next two years.
My fellow Americans, there is nothing audacious about hope. Hope is what makes people buy lottery tickets instead of paying the bills. Hope is for the old gals feeding the slots in Atlantic City. It destroys the inner-city kid who quits school because he hopes he'll be a world-famous recording artist.

What's the difference between Sarah Palin and Barack Obama?

One is a well turned-out, good-looking, and let's be honest, pretty sexy piece of eye-candy.

The other kills her own food.

Offline RightCoast

• Semper Fi means more than most will ever know
« Reply #30 on: November 05, 2008, 06:39:03 PM »
Massachusetts. What can I say ?   :thatsright:

Stayed blue - Kerry Whupped a real war hero to keep his seat by a 2-to-1 margin.

all three ballot measures went wrong.

1 - Massachusetts residents like to pay income taxes, and will continue to do so.

2 - We 'decriminalized' weed. Now you can have up to an ounce, and if caught you lose your stash and get a $100 fine. Though an ounce doesn't sound like much on the surface, I'm told you can get about 60 'pinners' out of that much.

3 - Our last Greyhound racing track will be forcibly closed and all 1,000 or so workers sent to unemployment.

To keep his seat then beg barack for SecState - give it to him, please God give it to him, talk about a maroon.
nine eleven is a car
nine one one is an emergency service
September 11, 2001 was an attack
Never Forget, or Minimize.

Offline RightCoast

• Semper Fi means more than most will ever know
« Reply #31 on: November 05, 2008, 06:39:51 PM »
By the way Romney-Palin sounds good to me.
nine eleven is a car
nine one one is an emergency service
September 11, 2001 was an attack
Never Forget, or Minimize.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #32 on: November 06, 2008, 01:45:00 PM »
Here's the Missouri 9th District results by county. I live in Randolph County

Now I know why the signs.....our farm is in the northern corner of Audrain county, near Boone.

doc
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #33 on: November 07, 2008, 10:58:22 AM »
In my neck of the woods, we lost a linguini spined Republican congress-shit, in favor of another Moonbat.

We elevated a raving moonbat from the Representative for the People's Republic of Boulder to the Marxist junior Senator for the State of Colorado.

The Referendum defining as a "person" anything from the moment of conception failed.

The referendum to bar "Closed Shops" is failing.

The Governor's Referendums to tax "big oil" (state severence taxes) more is failing miserably. :II:

Generally, Colorado drank the ****in' Kool-Aid last night.

With all of this, the one further distinction we get to heap upon the "Great State" of Colorado, is that we appear to be the only state this election that couldn't pass a "No Discrimination" (anti Affirmative Action) referendum.

All animals are equal:  Some are more equal than others.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.