Author Topic: OBIT: I Hated McCain From the 1st, Now I Spit on His Political Grave  (Read 16729 times)

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
Re: OBIT: I Hated McCain From the 1st, Now I Spit on His Political Grave
« Reply #75 on: November 05, 2008, 08:36:08 PM »
To be filed under: No Shit

Re: McCain & The Base   [Ramesh Ponnuru]

Compared to Bush's 2004 performance, as you note, Rich, McCain slipped by roughly the same amounts among self-described conservatives and moderates. But the losses among the moderates hurt more because there are more of them.
http://corner.nationalreview.com/post/?q=Mjg4ZTAzOGE0NjZmZDlmNTUzMjY2ODgyMmE2NzBmYWE=

Imagine if he hadn't chosen Palin?
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline LadyLiberty

« Reply #76 on: November 05, 2008, 08:45:12 PM »
Romney is just another f'n RINO, just like McCain......

I think you're right...I just learned that he was for the universal health care system implemented in Taxatwoshits now.

Cue the scary music, here. I had no idea.
"My friends, we live in the greatest nation in the history of the world. I hope you'll join with me to try to change it."

Barack Obama

Offline LadyLiberty

« Reply #77 on: November 05, 2008, 08:46:53 PM »
To all the people thinking their gas will be paid for and your mortgage as well.... keep on hoping.  :-)

:rotf:

That's the first time I have laughed today.

I wonder how many will stop paying their mortgage when he takes office just to see if he will also be the first black Santa.

"My friends, we live in the greatest nation in the history of the world. I hope you'll join with me to try to change it."

Barack Obama

Offline Schadenfreude

« Reply #78 on: November 05, 2008, 08:54:20 PM »
:rotf:

That's the first time I have laughed today.

I wonder how many will stop paying their mortgage when he takes office just to see if he will also be the first black Santa.

And you made me laugh as well!  :rotf: It's good to see you again, where the heck have you been?
“Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.â€

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #79 on: November 05, 2008, 09:08:19 PM »
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline Schadenfreude

“Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.â€

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
« Reply #81 on: November 05, 2008, 09:21:52 PM »
I think you're right...I just learned that he was for the universal health care system implemented in Taxatwoshits now.

Indeed- but there are two things to remember

A ) one needs to make concessions to do anything in the commonwealth.
B ) he knows business

at this point there are something like 14 Republicans left within Massachusetts government - a small fraction of the total headcount. Needless to say, nothing gets done here without the libs approval.

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #82 on: November 05, 2008, 09:29:15 PM »

It isn't universal healthcare.   He took the money that was being spent on bailing hospitals out yearly for the freecare they provide (over $1 billion annually, with no cap on that whatsoever) and using it to subsidize private health insurance premiums.    Romney also removed costly mandates imposed on health insurance carriers so that they could offer affordable plans to small business owners and individuals.  

This eliminated free care (i.e. illegal aliens accessing ERs for medical treatment) and stemmed the out-of-control blank check the commonwealth was writing to hospitals every year.  

Of course Deval Patrick got his paws on it, added mandates and expanded coverage subsidies so the costs with the plan went from black to red rather quickly.    Regardless, it is tremendously popular and well received by business owners in the state.   Original estimates of participants was grossly underestimated.    It is actually a good plan.  

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #83 on: November 05, 2008, 09:33:01 PM »
Indeed- but there are two things to remember

A ) one needs to make concessions to do anything in the commonwealth.
B ) he knows business

at this point there are something like 14 Republicans left within Massachusetts government - a small fraction of the total headcount. Needless to say, nothing gets done here without the libs approval.

Unless they live here, they don't understand the dynamic of our liberal haven of New England.    While Romney did make concessions, his idea for redirecting money -- which was essentially just thrown away every year -- to investing in private premiums so we curtail the spending significantly,  is a great idea and very good business sense.