Author Topic: OBIT: I Hated McCain From the 1st, Now I Spit on His Political Grave  (Read 16918 times)

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
Re: OBIT: I Hated McCain From the 1st, Now I Spit on His Political Grave
« Reply #25 on: November 04, 2008, 11:35:50 PM »
McCain left too many things "off limits"  Politics is a bloodsport.  He wasn't the right man.  Now Giuliani or Romney would have taken the gloves off.

Should of been Romney or Thompson.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline Atomic Lib Smasher

• Liberal Hunter
  • Just Say Nobama
« Reply #26 on: November 04, 2008, 11:36:28 PM »
McCain left too many things "off limits"  Politics is a bloodsport.  He wasn't the right man.  Now Giuliani or Romney would have taken the gloves off.

That's right. McCain was too little too late. He had a good ad yesterday about Biden's words when he said Iran and the like would "test" Obama, but it was too little, too late. Other than that, yeah, McCain had a lukewarm campaign. I wonder what's gonna happen to Joe The Plumber now??

Liberalism is the philosophy of the stupid! - Mark R. Levin

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #27 on: November 04, 2008, 11:39:54 PM »
Screw that. We have become the resistance, and we will NOT just bitch about it behind keyboards. We gotta be tough in these times, ACC.

I am not really that upset about Obama. In a way, this could be the Dems's downfall. He is going disappoint his supporters big time. Mark my words.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2008, 11:43:37 PM by Ptarmigan »
-Napoleon Bonaparte

-Lisa Du

Offline Hawkgirl

• Alpha Female
« Reply #28 on: November 04, 2008, 11:42:12 PM »
I just can't believe the american people let the media and Obama's friends treat Sarah Palin so horribly.  Then the PA citizens who voted a for a man who called them bitter jesus freaks, and a man who called them racist rednecks.

Who are these ****ing people??? What has this country become? Values have declined and today is proof.  The american dream, capitalism died today.  The majority of americans either don't care, or a ready to take a back row seat.  We will not be leaders of the world, we will not set a good example.

This country has changed...for the worst. Handouts, welfare, high taxes, higher inflation, increased unemployment, and we'll be more divided than ever.

Offline Tantal

• Right Wing Hardliner
« Reply #29 on: November 04, 2008, 11:54:24 PM »
Go ahead and put us into the "dependence" phase of our cycle of civilization. Between AARP, welfare rats, bloated beauracracies, and kids wanting a free college education, the Dems have created a nice cycle of dependence that guarantees them power at the expense of us who actually produce something.

I'm with you on McCain, Bunny. Like Bob Dole, it seemed like it was just "his turn" this election cycle. I didn't really vote FOR McCain as much as I voted AGAINST Osama today. So, who's our next real conservative hope? Jindal?
Never demand that which you are incapable of taking by force, DUmmie.

Offline Thor

• General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!
  • In Memoriam
  • Native Texan & US Navy (ret)
« Reply #30 on: November 04, 2008, 11:55:35 PM »
Hawkgirl, you need to remember that Philadelphia is comprised of a very dense (in more ways than one) black population. Pittsburgh is pretty close to the same demographic. Just like MN, the metro areas there control the  state and the elections. The bitter gun owners clinging to religion are out in the rural areas.
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

I AM your General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #31 on: November 04, 2008, 11:56:11 PM »
Only reason I voted for McCain was because Palin is from Alaska and she might make ptarmigans more well known. I will increase my protestation against bunny oppression on ptarmigans more than ever.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

-Lisa Du

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #32 on: November 04, 2008, 11:59:24 PM »
I just can't believe the american people let the media and Obama's friends treat Sarah Palin so horribly.  Then the PA citizens who voted a for a man who called them bitter jesus freaks, and a man who called them racist rednecks.

Who are these ****ing people??? What has this country become? Values have declined and today is proof.  The american dream, capitalism died today.  The majority of americans either don't care, or a ready to take a back row seat.  We will not be leaders of the world, we will not set a good example.

This country has changed...for the worst. Handouts, welfare, high taxes, higher inflation, increased unemployment, and we'll be more divided than ever.

Oh, they don't know the MEANING of divided.  Let a communist control our agenda? I will die first!

FIGHT -- not like the sissy lefties "fought" but FIGHT.  Attack every tax increase.  If you employ people, fire every 10th one before you have to keep them as a dependent forever. 

We can make this commie a one term commie -- and lets retake congress as a result of the economic turmoil! 

The American Public wants to be stupid?  Fine -- let them pay the price!
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Vagabond

« Reply #33 on: November 05, 2008, 04:41:35 AM »
McCain has given us one good thing.  Sarah Palin isn't going anywhere, and the Dems don't have any good answer for her.  I see a Trumanesque figure in her.  Everything they mock about her is what people like about her.  They don't understand.

Does anybody think the Dems are capable of steering clear of a galactic level ****-up?  No?  Well, neither do I.  I know of two people who voted for Obama.  I already told them that everytime he raises their taxes or abridges their freedom, I will be standing their to rub their nose in it seeing as I assume they are at least as smart as my dog.  When he withdraws from Iraq and causes countless deaths and very likely a Pan-middle east war, I'll be telling that is what they voted for.  If, God forbid, another terrorist attack occurs, I will tell them it is the change they were hoping for.  In other words, I will never let them forget.

The country-club set had better learn what happened real fast.  Why the hell was Martinez even the titular head of anything?  He sure as hell didn't garner hispanic votes.  Why is it that George Bush never managed to grasp the importance of the bully pulpit, or use it effectively?  Why didn't the GOP go ballistic over the vote fraud allegations?  Why didn't George Bush use his authority to seize ACORN offices to collect evidence of their voter fraud activities?  Why is it that the only person mentioning Wright, Rezko, Ayers, and Odinga day after day was Sean Hannity?  Why is it that McCain never asked about the gaps in Obama's resume, or called him on his lies?

At least they gave us Sarah Palin.
There comes a time when even good men must run up the black flag of anarchy and slit throats. - H.L. Mencken

Offline bijou

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #34 on: November 05, 2008, 04:59:09 AM »
McCain has given us one good thing.  Sarah Palin isn't going anywhere, and the Dems don't have any good answer for her.  I see a Trumanesque figure in her.  Everything they mock about her is what people like about her.  They don't understand.

Does anybody think the Dems are capable of steering clear of a galactic level ****-up?  No?  Well, neither do I.  I know of two people who voted for Obama.  I already told them that everytime he raises their taxes or abridges their freedom, I will be standing their to rub their nose in it seeing as I assume they are at least as smart as my dog.  When he withdraws from Iraq and causes countless deaths and very likely a Pan-middle east war, I'll be telling that is what they voted for.  If, God forbid, another terrorist attack occurs, I will tell them it is the change they were hoping for.  In other words, I will never let them forget.

The country-club set had better learn what happened real fast.  Why the hell was Martinez even the titular head of anything?  He sure as hell didn't garner hispanic votes.  Why is it that George Bush never managed to grasp the importance of the bully pulpit, or use it effectively?  Why didn't the GOP go ballistic over the vote fraud allegations?  Why didn't George Bush use his authority to seize ACORN offices to collect evidence of their voter fraud activities?  Why is it that the only person mentioning Wright, Rezko, Ayers, and Odinga day after day was Sean Hannity?  Why is it that McCain never asked about the gaps in Obama's resume, or called him on his lies?

Perhaps it is time to clear out some of the old guard and look for new talent to come to the fore.  The response Sarah Palin, Joe the Plumber and Tito the Builder shows  that there is a constituency out there that favours self reliance and small government. The Republican party needs to connect with it and fire it up for the next set of elections. Otherwise you have the example of Britain to see where you could be headed.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #35 on: November 05, 2008, 04:59:20 AM »
Posted by: Vagabond

I don't see how she can be kept in the spotlight for the next 3 years or so.  Not only that, there have been plenty of political hacks claiming that she was a liability to McCain once the initial bounce wore off.  I wish that she were a senator so that she could remain in the public eye.

Offline Splashdown

• Out of 9 lives, I spent 7
« Reply #36 on: November 05, 2008, 05:03:52 AM »
Perhaps it is time to clear out some of the old guard and look for new talent to come to the fore.  The response Sarah Palin, Joe the Plumber and Tito the Builder shows  that there is a constituency out there that favours self reliance and small government. The Republican party needs to connect with it and fire it up for the next set of elections. Otherwise you have the example of Britain to see where you could be headed.

A lot of that happened last night. We need a new crop of good conservative Republicans.
Let nothing trouble you,
Let nothing frighten you. 
All things are passing;
God never changes.
Patience attains all that it strives for.
He who has God lacks nothing:
God alone suffices.
--St. Theresa of Avila

"No crushed ice; no peas." -- Undies

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #37 on: November 05, 2008, 05:25:31 AM »
McCain has given us one good thing.  Sarah Palin isn't going anywhere, and the Dems don't have any good answer for her.  I see a Trumanesque figure in her.  Everything they mock about her is what people like about her.  They don't understand.

Does anybody think the Dems are capable of steering clear of a galactic level ****-up?  No?  Well, neither do I.  I know of two people who voted for Obama.  I already told them that everytime he raises their taxes or abridges their freedom, I will be standing their to rub their nose in it seeing as I assume they are at least as smart as my dog.  When he withdraws from Iraq and causes countless deaths and very likely a Pan-middle east war, I'll be telling that is what they voted for.  If, God forbid, another terrorist attack occurs, I will tell them it is the change they were hoping for.  In other words, I will never let them forget.

The country-club set had better learn what happened real fast.  Why the hell was Martinez even the titular head of anything?  He sure as hell didn't garner hispanic votes.  Why is it that George Bush never managed to grasp the importance of the bully pulpit, or use it effectively?  Why didn't the GOP go ballistic over the vote fraud allegations?  Why didn't George Bush use his authority to seize ACORN offices to collect evidence of their voter fraud activities?  Why is it that the only person mentioning Wright, Rezko, Ayers, and Odinga day after day was Sean Hannity?  Why is it that McCain never asked about the gaps in Obama's resume, or called him on his lies?

This is why one suggestion I saw, last week, is one I support.  The suggestion is this:  Pick Newt Gingrich to chair the RNC.  He was the architect of the '94 Revolution, so he knows how to win. 

I think that Obama will have a "galactic ****-up" on the economy.  Pair that with the white-flag waving at terrorists, and the "green" agenda he wants to push (bankrupting the coal industry, which supplies 50% of the USA's electricity; not drilling for American oil, etc.), and we should start stockpiling guns and food now.

The one thing that I've been saying this morning is this:  The pendulum always swings back.  A hardcore leftist will be followed by a hardcore rightist.  The frontrunner for '12 is Sarah Palin.  November 6th, 2012 isn't that far away.

Cheer up, fellow conservatives!
« Last Edit: November 05, 2008, 05:28:22 AM by BlueStateSaint »
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #38 on: November 05, 2008, 05:27:25 AM »
This is why one suggestion I saw, last week, is one I support.  The suggestion is this:  Pick Newt Gingrich to chair the RNC.  He was the architect of the '94 Revolution, so he knows how to win.

Damn.

I never even thought close to anything like that.

That's a really good idea.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #39 on: November 05, 2008, 05:30:09 AM »
Damn.

I never even thought close to anything like that.

That's a really good idea.

Coach, I'm just the messenger.  But, coming from you, that's a high compliment.  I thank you.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
« Reply #40 on: November 05, 2008, 05:35:29 AM »
Well, looking at the market futures, Obuyers Remorse has already begun. Hamas took the opportunity to launch rockets at Israel in celebration. As I mentioned in the live results thread, the Dems want it, let them have it. Once the economy is destroyed and people long for the good old days of the Bush years there will be some smartening up. I just pray it doesn't take another 9-11 to act as that wake-up call.

Our remaining folks need to be there to fight everything.

We need to hit the Dems with "I told you so" as every program fails.

We need to remind the world everything that goes wrong from inauguration day forward.

We need to work with the PUMAs to split the Democrats - the one consistent thing I saw in the results was a 20% defection rate (which makes Barry's victory seem real fishy - I expected close margins, but this late night reaming just doesn't add up.)

* I know alot of you are pissed off and angry and depressed. Take time to get it out of your systems so that in January you are ready to aid in the resistance and eventual destruction of the Obamanation.

Offline lars1701c

« Reply #41 on: November 05, 2008, 05:36:50 AM »
A lot of that happened last night. We need a new crop of good conservative Republicans.

I just dont see the country producing any good conservatives, most of the people in this country want the the Government  to take care of them not just with welfare. I fear this country is moving to far to the left.
"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."
~~~ The late Dr. Adrian Rogers , 1931 to 2005

Offline lars1701c

« Reply #42 on: November 05, 2008, 05:39:08 AM »
Well, looking at the market futures, Obuyers Remorse has already begun. Hamas took the opportunity to launch rockets at Israel in celebration. As I mentioned in the live results thread, the Dems want it, let them have it. Once the economy is destroyed and people long for the good old days of the Bush years there will be some smartening up. I just pray it doesn't take another 9-11 to act as that wake-up call.

Our remaining folks need to be there to fight everything.

We need to hit the Dems with "I told you so" as every program fails.

We need to remind the world everything that goes wrong from inauguration day forward.

We need to work with the PUMAs to split the Democrats - the one consistent thing I saw in the results was a 20% defection rate (which makes Barry's victory seem real fishy - I expected close margins, but this late night reaming just doesn't add up.)

* I know alot of you are pissed off and angry and depressed. Take time to get it out of your systems so that in January you are ready to aid in the resistance and eventual destruction of the Obamanation.

I feel so powerless and unable to do anything to stop the incoming madness. BUT I am not going to give up we have to fight.
"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."
~~~ The late Dr. Adrian Rogers , 1931 to 2005

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #43 on: November 05, 2008, 05:56:06 AM »
I just pray it doesn't take another 9-11 to act as that wake-up call.

I'm far from one of the members of the tinfoil hat brigade.

But we all SERIOUSLY need to look at another 9/11 as more than a possibility.

The Rookie has talked long and loud about the cuts he plans to make to the military.

It took 8 years for President Bush to get us back on our collective feet after what Clinton did to us.

And now this guy is gonna pull the rug out from under us....right at the time we can't afford to have it happen.

I can almost imagine the chatter on the terrorist commo links last night...with the orders going out for what ever plan they've been organizing.
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline thundley4

« Reply #44 on: November 05, 2008, 06:10:16 AM »
His cuts to the military scare me almost as much as his civilian defense force. 

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #45 on: November 05, 2008, 06:14:41 AM »
I told my husband yesterday after we voted that we're doing what we always do; repeating history. I'm fully prepared to re-live the Carter era right down to the misery index. The next four years are going to be interesting to say that least. I'm also remembering that the Carter years gave us the Reagan years.

I'm pissed off. Mostly at the compliant media and the idiotic public who voted in this Zero. But, I also know that it's time to let him and the other liberal critters make a mess of things so we can come in and clean up. Sadly, this seems to be the only way people get it.

You guys are right. We do need to focus on the mid terms and the next election. I also think its time to find our new Newts, Roves, and Regans. I new generation needs to become prominent because I really believe the youth vote changed this election outcome. It's time to connect with them.
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline paladin0

« Reply #46 on: November 05, 2008, 07:55:08 AM »
No Republican would have won the presidency last night, not one. The economy was the #1 issue, and the media portrayed the bad economy as the Republican's fault. The democrats spent the last 8 years tearing this country apart, now they inherit this mess, and they are not equipped to fix it. They own the economy right now, sink it, and it sinks them.

Paladin0
"Enlightened statesmen will not always be at the helm."
—James Madison, Federalist No. 10

Offline Splashdown

• Out of 9 lives, I spent 7
« Reply #47 on: November 05, 2008, 07:56:17 AM »
No Republican would have won the presidency last night, not one. The economy was the #1 issue, and the media portrayed the bad economy as the Republican's fault. The democrats spent the last 8 years tearing this country apart, now they inherit this mess, and they are not equipped to fix it. They own the economy right now, sink it, and it sinks them.

Paladin0

Hi 5. ESPECIALLY not one of the group that ran in the primaries.
Let nothing trouble you,
Let nothing frighten you. 
All things are passing;
God never changes.
Patience attains all that it strives for.
He who has God lacks nothing:
God alone suffices.
--St. Theresa of Avila

"No crushed ice; no peas." -- Undies

Offline Hawkgirl

• Alpha Female
« Reply #48 on: November 05, 2008, 08:04:40 AM »
Today's reaction in the market will be Wall Streets reaction to this election.  So far, futures are down. :popcorn:

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #49 on: November 05, 2008, 08:36:20 AM »
McCain was always a RINO.  It's hard to win when people aren't voting for you but against the other guy.  Goldwater Republicans are dead, and after Reagan they shouldn't even have been alive in the first place.

prez-elect Il Duce has the opportunity to tell the kooks in his party to take a hike and focus on the *only* thing that's going to get this economy rolling again, which is free market capitalism.  That's going to require him to set his unwarranted ego and Marxist desires aside, but anythings possible.  But short of that, it's going to be a rough ride for 2 years for the whole country, and it'll be totally his fault because the tools to turn it around are right in front of him.

He got 62,533,330 votes.  Problem is the 55,455,118 who didn't vote for him hold 85%+ of the wealth, and if we don't like what he's doing, just like with Clinton we're not going to participate.  62,533,330 verses 85%+ of the wealth, I'll take bets on money winning that fight all day long.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.