Author Topic: ‘Obama’s Historic Intifada’ Allows Islam to ‘Impose its Point of View on World’  (Read 1674 times)

Offline bijou

• Topic Moderator
From Beirut, Chawki Freiha reports* on a provocative editorial that appeared in the Al Quds Al Arabi newspaper on November 3 written by Abdelbari Atwan, the first journalist to have met with Osama bin Laden. Titled “Obama’s Historic Intifada,” Atwan praises the probable election of Barack Obama to the White House and claims that with Obama installed in Washington, Islam will be able to “impose its point of view” on the world.

As to be expected, Atwan’s editorial decries the Bush administration because it is “controlled by Zionists… whose objective is to destroy the Arab world and Islam.” Displaying true Muslim conspiratorial thinking, Atwan further claims that all Middle Eastern countries have been under the control Israel, even though the Arabs have the “largest wealth” in the world in petrodollars.

The most alarming part of Atwan’s editorial, however, is that he imagines that with a President Obama in office, Islam will be able to use its oil wealth to control the world.

We have the largest wealth and could save the world from the crisis. If these resources are properly harnessed, we could impose our point of view and serve our cause… The conditions are now fulfilled for the Arabs use their wealth to obtain a U.S. promise favorable and correct historical mistakes committed in Palestine.

Atwan is merely echoing the feeling in the Mid East that a Barack Obama will look upon them with favor or will be so weak that he will not be able to stop Islam from “imposing” its “point of view” upon the world.

link

Offline Flame

And that is a big part of what scares me about an Obama presidency.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
Should Dem nominee Il Duce win, there's all sorts of groups and countries who should (and likely will) view this as a green light to do all sorts of things, because he isn't going to do anything about it.  Russia can go in and recapture their satellite countries and reform the USSR, and he won't do anything.  North Korea could overrun South Korea, and he won't do anything.  China can take back Taiwan, and he won't do anything.  The Arab countries can go after Israel, and the missles will fly and turn that whole area in glass, and he won't do anything.  Al-Qaeda and other terrorists groups can go back to blowing up embassies and resorts and subways trains, and discos, and Dem nominee Il Duce will sit on his hands.  I'm sure there's others I've missed.

I'll put it this way, if at least one of the above doesn't happen, then it was a golden opportunity these countries and groups will have passed up to do these things over the next 4 years with little or no consequences.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.