Author Topic: Is anyone else going to party like it's 1999 when the Chimp leaves?  (Read 2308 times)

Offline whiteguyPI

• That sounds like a "you" problem
demgrrrll  (1000+ posts)      Sun Jan-27-08 11:16 PM
Original message
Is anyone else going to party like it's 1999 when the Chimp leaves 
 Edited on Sun Jan-27-08 11:16 PM by demgrrrll
office? I have some friends in the UK who tell me it was madness at the pubs when Thatcher left office. I wonder if that will happen here. I sure could get into a night of popping champagne corks, or twist off caps or pull tabs. Or.......are you so worn down by the bs that you will not be able to get off the couch.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x2775733
The DUmmies live and die under their hatred for BOOSH...they are gonna be killing themselves in droves when an R is elected to office in November.

MissDeeds  (417 posts)      Sun Jan-27-08 11:23 PM
Response to Original message
3. We'll probably celebrate
 but it's going to be bittersweet considering how many people died for his lies. The real celebration will come when the little despot is finally tried and convicted for his crimes. I know...I'm not holding my breath.

Good luck with that retard...he hasn't committed any crimes so you are out of luck there.  Of course, if you can prove that he has committed a cime, I'll eat my shoe.

Demo5  (1000+ posts)      Sun Jan-27-08 11:42 PM
Response to Reply #8
12. What a party it will be
 The people can egg the moving van as it rolls down Pennsylvania street, then as Chimpys motorcade pulls away from the WH we can pelt his SUV with rotten tomato's. Better get in line folks, massive crowds are expected.

RIIIGGGHHTTTT!  I can't wait to see you get a new part on your hair at the hands of an expandable baton.  Do you actually think you would have chickenshit moonbats try this?

tomreedtoon  (1000+ posts)      Sun Jan-27-08 11:38 PM
11. If Romney wins, it'll be a necktie party...
 ...and we'll be the only ones dancing, at the end of his rope.

Also, you forget, Bush will never be prosecuted and he's rich. He will quietly retreat and slip into a narcotic coma from which he will never awaken. Much like Reagan's Alzheimer, he will be unaware of the damange he caused or the lives he ended. At least in this life...and as for after, I think even atheists might start hoping for the existence of Hell.

We can, however, look forward to a book called "Bush: The Last Ten Days," about how addled and coked-up he was at the end. Amazon might even release it with the companion volume listed here...
Bush is Hitler! Bush is Hitler!  Tomreed is an asshole!   :bird:

B Calm  (1000+ posts)       Sun Jan-27-08 11:58 PM
20. as long as a republican doesn't steal the next election...

:lmao:

Haji don't surf!
Jive turkey!

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
Re: Is anyone else going to party like it's 1999 when the Chimp leaves?
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2008, 07:40:28 AM »
You know, I'm getting really tired of this prvaricating by Democrats, liberals, and primitives, about how Republicans "steal" elections.  It's time the truth illuminated the world.

The Democrat party since Aaron Burr has a long and sordid and tawdry history of vote-manipulation, starting with rounding up non-English-speaking immigrants in the large cities of the eastern states, and "voting" them.

This has been going on for a very long time, and it's long past time the lie stopped.

The Republican party since 1856 has essentially dominated small areas with small populations, with but two exceptions--Pennsylvania and Rhode Island circa 1870-1930, and the cities of Philadelphia and Pittsburgh during the same era.  All of these Republican party machines were destroyed, completely and utterly destroyed, by 1930.  They exist no more, and no other state or major city has since seen the evoluton of a Republican party machine.

In the meantime, Democrat party machines have flourished and prospered, to an extent that would make the late Richard Daley, the late Ed Crump, the late Moon Landrieu, the late Frank Hague, the late James Curley, the late Robert Wagner, the late Tom Prendergast, &c., &c., &c., green with envy.

More "votes" can be created out of thin air by one ward boss in Cleveland, Ohio, than all the votes honestly cast in most states of the Great Plains.

It's time to respond to this lie; Republicans don't cheat, because Republicans don't have the tools to cheat--control of big cities and industrial states.  One can't blame an armless man for building a house.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2008, 07:45:16 AM »
You know, I'm getting really tired of this prevaricating by Democrats, liberals, and primitives, about how Republicans "steal" elections.  It's time the truth illuminated the world.

Frank, you're talking about people who think that raising taxes stimulates the economy. Black is white, up is down, left is right. There is no convincing for kooks such as these. In times past, they were committed.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline WinOne4TheGipper

• Enemy of DU
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2008, 07:52:33 AM »
^^^Come on, Frank.  You know it, I know it heck, they even know it.  It's just the old Democrat tactic of accusing your opponent of doing that which you yourself are actually doing.
“Sometimes the curses of the godless sound better than the hallelujahs of the pious.”

Martin Luther

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2008, 08:11:36 AM »
Frank, that bit of reality is what I tell folks, as I am laughing at their ignorance, every time someone brings up about how Al Gore won the "popular vote" in 2000. 

The "popular vote" myth of 2000 is the only thing they have to hold.  The Type-A liberals know it is a lie and the Type-B liberals are too stupid and numb to doubt it is true.  I enjoy destroying their world, though.  I also enjoy bringing up Al Gore's home state of Tennessee and how he failed to win its electoral votes or popular votes. 

Offline Lauri

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2008, 09:16:33 AM »
Frank, that bit of reality is what I tell folks, as I am laughing at their ignorance, every time someone brings up about how Al Gore won the "popular vote" in 2000. 

The "popular vote" myth of 2000 is the only thing they have to hold.  The Type-A liberals know it is a lie and the Type-B liberals are too stupid and numb to doubt it is true.  I enjoy destroying their world, though.  I also enjoy bringing up Al Gore's home state of Tennessee and how he failed to win its electoral votes or popular votes. 

I just like telling them 'trees arent an endangered species' til the light finally goes on in their little heads..  :popcorn:

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2008, 09:22:06 AM »

I just like telling them 'trees arent an endangered species' til the light finally goes on in their little heads..  :popcorn:

Tell them lumber is nature's way of dealing with tree abortions.

Offline Lauri

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2008, 09:25:02 AM »

Tell them lumber is nature's way of dealing with tree abortions.

:-)  i will have to remember that.

at our book club last week, one younger gal started going on about the rain forest... i got to use my line on her. and she sat there quietly after that for a little while til some other topic came up and she could make another dumb one liner. she is a great gal, but young.. and therefore, fairly uneducated about the world still.