Author Topic: AMERICA -- In a Word! (nominate/suggest your own)  (Read 1892 times)

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
AMERICA -- In a Word! (nominate/suggest your own)
« on: January 27, 2008, 06:32:11 PM »
Land Shark  (1000+ posts)         Sun Jan-27-08 06:47 PM
Original message
AMERICA -- In a Word! (nominate/suggest your own)    
   I've written the following poem (if one can call it that) to describe our country in one, two, three, four, five and six words.

My approach below shows a focus especially at the 3, 4 5 and 6 word level with citizen control of elections. If this be a "bias", it is because of my conclusion after working this issue for years now that if a people such as the American people doesn't have guaranteed the ability to remove a cheating or criminal incumbent with the voting systems and elections systems in place, that people is not "free" because a free people must be able to change its politicians AT WILL, particularly when the politicians happen to be cheaters or corrupt.

So, the test of whether an elections/voting system will reliably remove a corrupt incumbent(s) is the appropriate test for freedom or for a free people. This is related directly to the inalienable right under the Declaration of Independence to "alter or abolish" the forms of government, which is the ultimate foundation of the rights of a free people.

Of course, secret vote counting on optical scan and touch screen voting machines fails completely this test for freedom, because secrecy always means Zero Accountability.

To me, the core of America is Self-Government, because as co-rulers we must be free (we're at the top of the food chain), we must be equal (no discrimination between co-rulers) and we must have democracy (in order to rule ourselves or self-govern). "Kicking the bums out" means changing our servants whenever we want (politicians), which is why they're called public servants in the first place.

But, what does America mean to YOU, in one, two, 3, 4, 5 or 6 words? (I'm looking for what it is SUPPOSED to be as opposed to a critique over what it's become). Thanks for any and all opinions in this form on what is RIGHTFULLY ours.

link

Some choice responses.

depakid  (1000+ posts)        Sun Jan-27-08 06:50 PM
Response to Original message
2. Unsustainable

rjones2818  (1000+ posts)         Sun Jan-27-08 06:53 PM
4. Doomed.

warren pease  (1000+ posts)         Sun Jan-27-08 06:54 PM
6. Dumb****istan
   You can even find it on the map these days.

Yet they want to be in control of that which they hate. :banghead:

Offline DumbAss Tanker

Re: AMERICA -- In a Word! (nominate/suggest your own)
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2008, 06:40:40 PM »
I'd have to resort to German, where you can just keep adding smaller words to make the word you really want.  Something like "Grossrechtfluegelunternehmung," for Vast Right-Wing Undertaking....

:rotf:
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2008, 06:49:04 PM »
I'd have to resort to German, where you can just keep adding smaller words to make the word you really want.  Something like "Grossrechtfluegelunternehmung," for Vast Right-Wing Undertaking....

:rotf:

Hmm for some reason that word sounds like a bad case of the farts.  :rotf:
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline Flame

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2008, 07:03:20 PM »
one word?

I'd have to go with frigginawesome!

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2008, 07:06:00 PM »
I can hear them singing 'Zipiddydoodah' right now. I got a lot of negative crap in my world, but I'm not nearly that sullen, especially over stuff I have very little control over..geez :whatever:

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2008, 07:08:53 PM »
Greatest Power for Good ever
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline jukin

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2008, 08:12:19 PM »
Longest democracy evah!!!111!!!
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2008, 08:22:55 PM »
Now, now, guys....ONE word!  You know the moonbat is fishing for something like "Imperium," give it a shot with one word, like "Sanctuary."  Admittedly a lot of good, even great, phrases with slightly more have been used over the years for our dear safe harbor from oppression, like the Irish turn of phrase "The Alien Home" in a couple of Clancy Brothers songs, but give it a go.

:popcorn:
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.