Author Topic: Bush signs directive to monitor internet  (Read 2258 times)

Offline Crazy Horse

• Army 0 Navy 34
  • Topic Moderator
  • Sex, Booze and Bacon Minion
Bush signs directive to monitor internet
« on: January 27, 2008, 02:41:37 PM »
Oh my goodness..................more spying....

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x2773531

flashl  (1000+ posts)      Sun Jan-27-08 11:57 AM
Original message
Bush signs directive to monitor internet
 Bush Order Expands Network Monitoring

President Bush signed a directive this month that expands the intelligence community's role in monitoring Internet traffic to protect against a rising number of attacks on federal agencies' computer systems.

The classified joint directive, signed Jan. 8 and called the National Security Presidential Directive 54/Homeland Security Presidential Directive 23, has not been previously disclosed. Plans to expand the NSA's role in cyber-security were reported in the Baltimore Sun in September.

The directive, whose content is classified, authorizes the intelligence agencies, in particular the National Security Agency, to monitor the computer networks of all federal agencies -- including ones they have not previously monitored.

Until now, the government's efforts to protect itself from cyber-attacks -- which run the gamut from hackers to organized crime to foreign governments trying to steal sensitive data -- have been piecemeal. Under the new initiative, a task force headed by the Office of the Director of National Intelligence (ODNI) will coordinate efforts to identify the source of cyber-attacks against government computer systems. As part of that effort, the Department of Homeland Security will work to protect the systems and the Pentagon will devise strategies for counterattacks against the intruders.

The NSA has particular expertise in monitoring a vast, complex array of communications systems -- traditionally overseas. The prospect of aiming that power at domestic networks is raising concerns, just as the NSA's role in the government's warrantless domestic-surveillance program has been controversial.

Washington Post

How long has the Internet been around? And, 'we' just noticed cyber-attacks?

Do they even read what they post.............or is it just they see Bush/monitor/internet??

Evergreen Emerald  (1000+ posts)       Sun Jan-27-08 11:58 AM
Response to Original message
1. BUSH SUCKS
 pfffffffftttt.

Sannum  (1000+ posts)      Sun Jan-27-08 12:00 PM
2. Hi George!
 If you are reading this, I just want to say...

GO **** YOURSELF!!!!!!!!!!!

msongs  (1000+ posts)      Sun Jan-27-08 12:00 PM
3. why shouldnt he? NOBODY in congress is going to stop him doing anything nt

bambino  (1000+ posts)       Sun Jan-27-08 12:47 PM
Response to Reply #3
17. 'they' already monitor the internet
 so Bush is coming clean?

Well I guess they don't read.

SalmonChantedEvening  (1000+ posts)       Sun Jan-27-08 12:08 PM
7. Hey Chimpy? Read This.
 You are the worst President this country has ever known, and you are the worst Person to ever occupy the office.

Just so we're clear on things.

thunder rising  (992 posts)       Sun Jan-27-08 12:09 PM
8. The NSA is a traitor organization now functioning to protect the biggest threat to the US .. BUSH

The stupid has got to hurt with these folks.

thunder rising  (992 posts)       Sun Jan-27-08 12:10 PM
Response to Reply #8
9. I don't know if they even take an oath .. but it sure as hell is to protect Blackwater, Cheney, Bush

SpiralHawk  (1000+ posts)     Sun Jan-27-08 12:14 PM
11. "All your thoughts are belong to us." - Big BushCo republicon homelander fascists
 Edited on Sun Jan-27-08 12:15 PM by SpiralHawk
Big BushCo loves you

alphafemale  (1000+ posts)       Sun Jan-27-08 12:18 PM
13. Just like the Nazis before them that got bogged down by tedious shit.
 So shall the new overlords.

I can barely stay ahead of the crap in my own junkmail box.

You want to monitor the entire internet ****ers...?

Well here you go. Swallow hard assholes

Warren Stupidity  (1000+ posts)       Sun Jan-27-08 02:10 PM
Response to Reply #13
20. They have themselves a rather huge data processing capacity.
 And they are not interested so much in the content of your email etc. as in who you talk to.

IsItJustMe (1000+ posts)     Sun Jan-27-08 12:31 PM
15. Read my lips GW, "Your policies are severley screwing this country up, just stop, please."

rzemanfl  (1000+ posts)      Sun Jan-27-08 12:45 PM
16. Hey! Agent Mike, lots of overtime pay in your future. n/t

Now that was funny.......

angrycarpenter  (580 posts)       Sun Jan-27-08 12:52 PM
18. If gore had been president
 this would have already been done. But it would not be a shadow attempt to spy on the entire internet.Ha! this just shows that they have no idea the resources that would take. Especially when every stupid remark made by a basement dweller is to be looked at and investigated. They have no idea what they are getting into.

Warren Stupidity  (1000+ posts)       Sun Jan-27-08 02:08 PM
19. Bringing the NSA inside the borders to snarf the domestic internets
 is what this is about. Just another nail in the coffin.

Yes another nail in the coffin to those who wish to cyber attack governmental assets.

Reading comprehension seems to be a problem among the primitives
You got off your ass, now get your wife off her back.

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
Re: Bush signs directive to monitor internet
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2008, 02:49:58 PM »
Let's see the Pentagon has to fend off thousands of cyber attacks and attempts to hack it's e-mail and data bases DAILY...we know that al-Qaeda and other terrorist networks use internet chatrooms to plot future ops...yet these self important pricks can only come up with some CT crap that this kind of bill is all about them?

:loser:

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2008, 02:52:27 PM »
Let me see if I read it correctly and comprehend what it said:

The new measure takes what is already happening to protect our government computers and makes it more efficient and preventive.  It is a plan to help our nation better deal in the future with our enemies.  This has nothing to do with basement dwelling moonbats who want to post "I hate B*sh" on DemocratUnderground.com.  We, as Americans, should be praising these innovations.

This has been a test.    

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2008, 03:09:26 PM »
Let me see if I read it correctly and comprehend what it said:

The new measure takes what is already happening to protect our government computers and makes it more efficient and preventive.  It is a plan to help our nation better deal in the future with our enemies.  This has nothing to do with basement dwelling moonbats who want to post "I hate B*sh" on DemocratUnderground.com.  We, as Americans, should be praising these innovations.

This has been a test.    

Ding Ding Ding...we have teh winnah! :cheersmate:

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2008, 11:14:48 PM »
Just another thread that illustrates in glaring detail all the free speech rights they've lost since Bush became president and had Blackwater blow up the twin towers so he could be king for life.

Cindie
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2008, 09:22:40 AM »
Sannum  (1000+ posts)      Sun Jan-27-08 12:00 PM
2. Hi George!
 If you are reading this, I just want to say...

GO **** YOURSELF!!!!!!!!!!!

How telling.

That hate Bush, presumably, because this makes him a fascist dictator.

But if he were a real fascist dictator such comments would land you a life sentence in front of a firing squad (think Cuba, Venezuala, Iran...Iraq before "Bush's War"). Obviously this--and the other similarly situated DUmmies--know full well this is not the case because they lack the stones to challenge real dictators. All they are doing is displaying their cowardice with acts of feigned bravado.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline jukin

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2008, 01:02:23 PM »
billy jeff put carnavor into action.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2008, 05:25:22 PM »
billy jeff put carnavor into action.

Billie Jeff did to Aldrich Ames what the DUmmies are crying * is doing to them   :thatsright:

Offline Uhhuh35

• Subtle Like A Nuclear Weapon
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2008, 04:31:46 PM »
I love how they write like George Bush is gonna' actually read their posts. What a bunch of self absorbed losers.
 :rotf:
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
— Albert Einstein.