Author Topic: Swimmer endorsing Osama...I'm mean Obama  (Read 2146 times)

Offline Crazy Horse

• Army 0 Navy 34
  • Topic Moderator
  • Sex, Booze and Bacon Minion
Swimmer endorsing Osama...I'm mean Obama
« on: January 27, 2008, 03:26:31 PM »
Oh this should be fun.................watch the poo flinging

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x3158670

Psephos  (1000+ posts)      Sun Jan-27-08 02:38 PM
Original message
Ted Kennedy endorsing Obama
 Source: Boston Globe

WASHINGTON -- Senator Edward M. Kennedy will endorse Barack Obama for president tomorrow, breaking his year-long neutrality to send a powerful signal of where the legendary Massachusetts Democrat sees the party going -- and who he thinks is best to lead it.

Kennedy confidantes told the Globe today that the Bay State's senior senator will appear with Obama and Kennedy's niece, Caroline Kennedy, at a morning rally at American University in Washington tomorrow to announce his support. That will be a potentially significant boost for Obama as he heads into a series of critical primaries on Super Tuesday, Feb. 5.

Kennedy believes Obama can ``transcend race'' and bring unity to the country, a Kennedy associate told the Globe. Kennedy was also impressed by Obama's deep involvement last year in the bipartisan effort to craft legislation on immigration reform, a politically touchy subject the other presidential candidates avoided, the associate said.

The coveted endorsement is a huge blow to New York Senator Hillary Clinton, who is both a senatorial colleague and a friend of the Kennedy family. In a campaign where Clinton has trumpeted her experience over Obama's call for hope and change, the endorsement by one of the most experienced and respected Democrats in the Senate is a particularly dramatic coup for Obama.

<snip>

Read more: http://www.boston.com/news/politics/politicalintelligen...

And we're off......................who will make the sparks into embers ending with a fire??

ocelot  (1000+ posts)       Sun Jan-27-08 02:40 PM
Response to Original message
1. So when will the Teddy-trashing start on GD:P? Any bets?
 Edited on Sun Jan-27-08 02:50 PM by ocelot
There's already been some Caroline-bashing (she's just an idle rich dowager who reads romance novels), so Teddy is surely next in line for it.

I just can't believe some of the crap that's been turning up on DU.

Island Blue  (1000+ posts)       Sun Jan-27-08 02:53 PM
Response to Reply #1
4. Well he is a DINO, dontcha know.

Holy hell...................Ted "Swimmer" Kennedy a DINO :lmao:

ginnyinWI  (1000+ posts)       Sun Jan-27-08 02:43 PM
2. kind of flies in the face of "Obama is a DLC stooge" doesn't it? n/t

Stand and Fight  (1000+ posts)       Sun Jan-27-08 03:08 PM
6. I can think for myself...
 However, I will say that the endorsement of Senator Kennedy does make Obama far more favorable in my eyes.

WillBowden  (1000+ posts)       Sun Jan-27-08 03:13 PM
Response to Reply #6
8. Funny...
 It makes Ted less favorable in mine. Strange how that works out, eh
?

To be fair.................he's never been favorable in my eyes

CreekDog  (1000+ posts)      Sun Jan-27-08 03:13 PM
7. I knew it, Teddy Kennedy is a Republican

Yeah his policies do seems like some of the current GOP nominees

David__77 (1000+ posts)      Sun Jan-27-08 03:14 PM
9. Wonderful!
 This makes sense. Interesting too, because Bloomberg is playing the role of John B. Anderson in 1980, threatening to run if Clinton's the nominee but not Obama. Anderson ran against Carter but said he wouldn't run against Kennedy if he defeated Carter in the primary.

NoFederales (912 posts)      Sun Jan-27-08 03:15 PM
11. I believe Senator Kennedy is very concerned about the direction of the
 Party and its chances in the GE. I favor Edwards, but see lose-lose propositions for the Democrats with the Clintons, not so with Obama. The Clinton era should be over, along with all the baggage it brings.

NoFederales

Bitwit1234  (1000+ posts)     Sun Jan-27-08 03:16 PM
12. All I can say is when it was said he was too old he should resign
 he must be....his head is fuzzy. If I was a senator and someone talked about me like that I'd say instead what cheney said to Leahy.

Psephos  (1000+ posts)      Sun Jan-27-08 03:42 PM
Response to Reply #14
17. One factor may be that he has seen the unredacted Barrett report
 One thing can be stated with certainty: there's nothing on those redacted pages that involves Obama. Those in the know (and that would include Kerry and Sanders) may be trying to cut down a dangling Damoclean sword.

IMO, Obama better personifies the ideals the Democratic Party stands for than either Clinton.

Thou shall not speak ill of thy lord hummer

their little infighting is so fun to watch
You got off your ass, now get your wife off her back.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Re: Swimmer endorsing Osama...I'm mean Obama
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2008, 03:56:11 PM »
This one is a pip (about Obama):
water  (259 posts) Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Sun Jan-27-08 09:14 PM
21. Not only does he have favor with many in the Democratic base...

... he has centrist, Republican, libertarian, and "establishment" supporters as well.

Unstoppable train? :)
another libertarian democratic obama supporter... it's time to end republican leadership

Obama is NOT a centrist, has no supporters amongst Republicans or moderates and is 100% unelectable.

GOBAMA!!
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Mary Ann

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2008, 04:10:13 PM »
water  (259 posts) Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Sun Jan-27-08 09:14 PM

... he has centrist, Republican, libertarian, and "establishment" supporters as well.

another libertarian democratic obama supporter... it's time to end republican leadership

Obama is NOT a centrist, has no supporters amongst Republicans or moderates and is 100% unelectable.

GOBAMA!!
I truly hope you're right about that, but I seriously fear otherwise. The man is eloquent and charismatic, and that is really all it takes sometimes. I've actually been hoping Hillary is their nominee, just because I think Obama really does have a shot at winning the GE.

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2008, 04:47:14 PM »

GOBAMA!!
I truly hope you're right about that, but I seriously fear otherwise. The man is eloquent and charismatic, and that is really all it takes sometimes. I've actually been hoping Hillary is their nominee, just because I think Obama really does have a shot at winning the GE.
Both Obama and Hillary have tipped their hands regarding their campaign strategy....race and gender,as if that is a surprise.
Be prepared for the coming maelstrom of ad hominem attacks as any disagreement on policy or political philosophy will be framed in those templates.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2008, 05:43:46 PM »

GOBAMA!!
He is no Kennedy and he doesn't have a background.  The Republicans will hit the latter hard.

He is inexperienced and will probably make some massive mistakes.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2008, 05:55:50 PM »
I'm rooting for Obama to win the nom.  Then the "Progressives" will see what the rank-and-file blue collar White Dems in their 'Big tent' really think of Black people, and find out they are the party with the racism issues.

Well, I guess that might be a little optimistic, since it would require reflection, critical thinking, and unbiased analysis....

:thatsright:
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.