Author Topic: Ezekiel  (Read 2498 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
Ezekiel
« on: October 22, 2008, 07:35:22 PM »
When reading things from the Bible, but not necessarily in the Bible (i.e., the Bible being quoted in a secular book), especially those things warning of consequences whenever man starts to think of himself as God (or that God does not Exist), I always get a feeling, a sensation, of "hearing" a "voice" coming from far away, long ago.

It's sort of the same thing when I talk about hippies with other people, commenting that "it's nearing time to pay the piper, and already I can 'hear' the piper coming, from the other side of the hill."

Anyway.

"With thy wisdom and thy understanding, thou hast gotten thee riches and hast gotten gold and silver into thy treasure and by thy traffick hast thou increased thy riches and thine heart is lifted up because of thy riches and thou hast said I am a god.....

".....Therefore I will bring strangers upon thee, the terrible of nations and they shall draw their swords against the beauty of thy wisdom, and bring thee down into the pit and thou shalt die the deaths of them that are slain in the midst of the seas."

I see a great many historical analogies of this; Rome invaded and conquered by barbarians, for one.

Suppose this is a commentary on America today, what with so many thinking this life is all there is and there is nothing after death, with so many thinking man is God or thinking God does not Exist, with so many thinking the War Against Terror isn't real?
apres moi, le deluge

Offline MrsSmith

Re: Ezekiel
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2008, 08:36:40 PM »
It seems like a perpetual cycle.  The Children of Israel went through it several times in the Old Testament, and we've certainly seen it continue since then.  People don't learn from history.   :(

Antifa - the only fascists in America today.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2008, 08:16:04 AM »
I've had this same type of conversation with many fellow Christians.  There's also this verse to consider:

Quote from:
Righteousness exalteth a nation: but sin is a reproach to any people.

Proverbs 14:34

I don't believe there's any doubt that, given the moral direction of the USA over at least the past 40 years, we've been asking for it.  It's really just a question of when at this point.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline EaglesWings

• Just bitterly clinging to my guns and my religion!
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2008, 08:00:02 AM »
I've had this same type of conversation with many fellow Christians.  There's also this verse to consider:

I don't believe there's any doubt that, given the moral direction of the USA over at least the past 40 years, we've been asking for it.  It's really just a question of when at this point.

AMEN!