Author Topic: car stereo  (Read 10158 times)

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Re: car stereo
« Reply #25 on: October 28, 2008, 09:46:19 PM »
maybe it's a "feature" that can be turned off.  Some radios don't have regular controls, you have to punch a series of buttons and some other crap to get it to do what you want.

Ford does that because they can't make engines for a damn.  Drive a new Mustang and you will know what I mean.  Lots of noise, very little fury.'
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline guest

« Reply #26 on: October 28, 2008, 09:48:31 PM »
maybe it's a "feature" that can be turned off.  Some radios don't have regular controls, you have to punch a series of buttons and some other crap to get it to do what you want.

That's what the service manager told me, that they can make an adjustment that will prevent the stereo from doing that.  Jeezus, I'm not used to the newer cars.  My last car was a 2001 and very bare bones (Mazda 626), so to go from that to a more luxurious (for a basic model) 2007 Mazda 6 was an awkward change.  :(

« Last Edit: October 28, 2008, 09:57:50 PM by ACrazyConservative »

Offline Thor

• General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!
  • In Memoriam
  • Native Texan & US Navy (ret)
« Reply #27 on: October 28, 2008, 10:13:10 PM »
The way my volume increases, it's so abrupt and often increases a little too much, which is why I hate it.   I'll have it set at the volume I prefer it, and then when I speed up (especially in stop and go traffic) that's when it becomes entirely obnoxious.  If it were the interstate, which is where my car spends much of its time, it wouldn't be near as noticeable, I suppose. 

Call me old-fashioned, but I prefer to control the volume myself.  *shrugs*   I'm used to my car's other quirk, but this one just drives me nuts (especially since I have hypersensitive hearing).

IF you get into the setup menu, there should be a "speed" setting. You probably need to set it at 7 or so. Of course, you probably should have RTFM......
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

I AM your General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #28 on: October 28, 2008, 10:19:07 PM »
It's probably like BMW's new iDrive setup.  They have this giant push-button twist knob in the center console that controls everything on the car.  You have to twist, turn, push, tap, and press to get what you want. 

Hell, the 1977 7-series I looked at had more buttons than I knew what to do with.  There was a button or light for every damn thing on the car.  I can't imagine things have improved.
This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.

Offline guest

« Reply #29 on: October 28, 2008, 10:26:22 PM »
IF you get into the setup menu, there should be a "speed" setting. You probably need to set it at 7 or so. Of course, you probably should have RTFM......

Yes, I know I should have RTFM, but ya know, I don't exactly have time for reading anything other than a textbook or APA manual these days.  I got the car in December, gave the manual a brief look over, then got busy enjoying the new car (sorry, I had no patience :p ), and that's it.

Even if I had RTFM, I still would have brought the car in.  The power windows being controlled by my keyless remote is one thing, but the speed-controlled volume is something I'd never heard of until today.  I honestly thought there was some sort of short in the system, given that the problems with one of the windows had started at the same time I noticed the volume's abrupt changes.

« Last Edit: October 28, 2008, 10:27:56 PM by ACrazyConservative »

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #30 on: October 28, 2008, 10:28:09 PM »
Kia has a great on-line knowledge base.  You can find the entire shop manual on their website along with every TSB and manual you'd ever need.
This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #31 on: October 28, 2008, 10:37:51 PM »
Kia has a great on-line knowledge base.  You can find the entire shop manual on their website along with every TSB and manual you'd ever need.

Mazda doesn't seem to provide that. :(  That would be great if they did, because the layout of the 6 manual is confusing (another reason I don't usually look to it for answers... I use the internet mostly, and find more detailed descriptions through certain Mazda message boards).
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #32 on: October 28, 2008, 10:45:03 PM »
Mazda doesn't seem to provide that. :(  That would be great if they did, because the layout of the 6 manual is confusing (another reason I don't usually look to it for answers... I use the internet mostly, and find more detailed descriptions through certain Mazda message boards).

I found that out when I tried to research your radio problem, which is why I didn't have an answer for you when you started your thread.  If it had been my Spectra, I could have gone to their website and pulled any memo, bulletin, or diagram I needed.

I don't understand why manufacturers hide their TSBs and recalls.  Even the NHTSA didn't have anything on Mazda.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #33 on: October 28, 2008, 10:48:42 PM »
I found that out when I tried to research your radio problem, which is why I didn't have an answer for you when you started your thread.  If it had been my Spectra, I could have gone to their website and pulled any memo, bulletin, or diagram I needed.

I don't understand why manufacturers hide their TSBs and recalls.  Even the NHTSA didn't have anything on Mazda.

Oh. :(

That's very odd. 

Offline Miss Mia

« Reply #34 on: October 28, 2008, 10:52:58 PM »

????  I found Mazda recalls and TSBs on the NHTSA site.
Stink Eye
"Bloodninja: It doesn't get any more serious than a Rhinocerus about to charge your ass."

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #35 on: October 28, 2008, 10:55:03 PM »

????  I found Mazda recalls and TSBs on the NHTSA site.

did you find one for the radio?

Offline Miss Mia

« Reply #36 on: October 28, 2008, 11:00:37 PM »
did you find one for the radio?

Recalls are only for safety, so that wouldn't cover the radio.  And there could just not be a TSB for the radio if it hasn't been a problem with so much percentage of vehicles.  She could just have a funky radio.

I had a new transmission and injectors installed in my car, neither were recalls nor TSBs.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2008, 11:02:45 PM by Miss Mia »
Stink Eye
"Bloodninja: It doesn't get any more serious than a Rhinocerus about to charge your ass."

Offline guest

« Reply #37 on: October 28, 2008, 11:08:17 PM »
No recall on the radio... went and looked myself. But there IS a recall for the fuel system:

Vehicle Make / Model: MAZDA / MAZDA6          
Model Year(s): 2007-2008
NHTSA CAMPAIGN ID Number: 08V412000
Summary:    
MAZDA IS RECALLING 7,200 MY 2007-2008 MAZDA6 VEHICLES WITH CALIFORNIA EMISSION SPECIFICATIONS. THE METAL FUEL TANKS ON THE AFFECTED VEHICLES MAY HAVE HAD THE PVC PROTECTIVE COATING ON THE OUTSIDE OF THE FUEL TANK DAMAGED DURING THE ASSEMBLY PROCESS WHICH MAY RESULT IN REDUCED CORROSION RESISTANCE.
Consequence:    
THIS COULD LEAD TO PERFORATION OF THE FUEL TANK, CAUSING FUEL LEAKAGE. FUEL LEAKAGE IN THE PRESENCE OF AN IGNITION SOURCE COULD RESULT IN A FIRE.
Remedy:    
DEALERS WILL INSPECT THE BOTTOM SURFACE OF THE FUEL TANK FOR DAMAGE TO THE PROTECTIVE COATING AND, IF NECESSARY, REPAIR THE COATING OR REPLACE THE FUEL TANK. THE RECALL BEGAN ON AUGUST 28, 2008. OWNERS MAY CONTACT MAZDA AT 1-800-222-5500, OPTION 2.
Notes:    
MAZDA RECALL NO. 5008H. CUSTOMERS MAY CONTACT THE NATIONAL HIGHWAY TRAFFIC SAFETY ADMINISTRATION'S VEHICLE SAFETY HOTLINE AT 1-888-327-4236 (TTY: 1-800-424-9153); OR GO TO http://HTTP://WWW.SAFERCAR.GOV.

This seems to affect only California, though. That's what the commies get for their special emissions laws.   :fuelfire:
« Last Edit: October 28, 2008, 11:09:58 PM by ACrazyConservative »

Offline Miss Mia

« Reply #38 on: October 28, 2008, 11:10:03 PM »
No recall on the radio... went and looked myself. But there IS a recall for the fuel system:

This seems to affect only California, though.   

While your car is at a dealership for any reason, like your stereo, they would perform any recall that your vehicle has.
Stink Eye