Author Topic: "When she hits the stage audiences erupt and they don't calm down,"  (Read 1303 times)

Offline megimoo

Sarah Palin's Future
Alaska's most valuable resource.

Elon, North Carolina
Six thousand tickets were grabbed up in three hours for Sarah Palin's speech here at the baseball field of Elon University. An even larger crowd--9,000 inside, 3,000 outside--showed up across the state in Greenville a few days earlier. But impressive attendance isn't the half of it. What's extraordinary is the effect Palin has on crowds. "When she hits the stage audiences erupt and they don't calm down," says Republican senator Richard Burr of North Carolina, who appeared with Palin here and in Greenville. "I've been with Bush, Clinton, 41--and I've never seen anything like this."

Her speech--a standard stump speech extolling John McCain and zinging Barack Obama--hardly matters. People not only want to see her, Burr says, "they want to touch her. Their perception is she's one of them. It has nothing to do with ideology. It's not about Christian conservatives. It goes far beyond all that."

Whatever else the 2008 presidential campaign may produce, it has created a new Republican star--Palin--a political natural who's at ease in front of crowds and whose cheerfulness, self-confidence, and optimism haven't slackened in the face of unusually harsh--and often highly personal-- attacks by Democrats and the mainstream media.

Palin can't explain the exuberant crowds or is too modest to try. She "didn't know what to expect" once she began campaigning as McCain's vice presidential running mate, she told me last week. The enthusiasm is "encouraging and energizing," she says, and "the most pleasant surprise has been independents and Democrats who've shown such great enthusiasm."

http://www.weeklystandard.com/Content/Public/Articles/000/000/015/718iurcu.asp

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
Re: "When she hits the stage audiences erupt and they don't calm down,"
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2008, 10:53:48 AM »
Conservatives have been longing for someone like Gov. Palin for a long time.

In her they see the potential for a return to what cause Reagan to ride two landslides.

They have every right to be excited over her.
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline dutch508

• Remember
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2008, 12:04:09 PM »
I will reference you to the DUmp thread about Elon Quaker 'riot' assaulting Obama supporter.

:-)
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2008, 12:52:33 PM »
So with that in mind, when will Peggy Noonan STFU?
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2008, 12:59:01 PM »
So with that in mind, when will Peggy Noonan STFU?

Not soon enough.
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline WV conservative

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2008, 02:32:12 PM »
She was at a rally in Altoona PA last week and if I had known I would have gone. This is also the town where Obama (The regualar guy) was bowling during the primary. It's also where he bowled a 37 so much for regualar guy O

WVC