Author Topic: Scripted windows  (Read 3860 times)

Offline bijou

• Topic Moderator
Scripted windows
« on: October 16, 2008, 10:33:02 AM »
My computer won't accept scripted windows so it is a pain to use the insert url feature on CC. I have tried changing it via the browser setting (IE7) but it makes no difference.  Does anyone know how to change this so I don't have to give permission each time? 

I don't have this problem on my office computer but I can't quite work out what I have done differently.

Thanks

Offline Thor

• General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!
  • In Memoriam
  • Native Texan & US Navy (ret)
Re: Scripted windows
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2008, 03:36:32 PM »
Are you using IE or a different browser??
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

I AM your General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson

Offline bijou

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2008, 03:38:33 PM »
Are you using IE or a different browser??
I have IE on both computers - although I use firefox at work - but I don't have the problem if I am using IE on my office computer.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2008, 05:48:08 PM »
My computer won't accept scripted windows so it is a pain to use the insert url feature on CC. I have tried changing it via the browser setting (IE7) but it makes no difference.  Does anyone know how to change this so I don't have to give permission each time? 

I don't have this problem on my office computer but I can't quite work out what I have done differently.

Thanks

Do you get the information bar popping up at the top of the page? The one saying that the site wants to run a script?  That's what I was getting, and then could only give temporary permission.

I managed to fix it by going to : Tools > Internet Options > Security > Local Intranet > Sites > Advanced > Add this website to the zone

I did that while this site was the open tab .

Offline Wretched Excess

• Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happy Hour
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2008, 06:59:27 PM »

are you running vista at home, and XP at work?

Offline bijou

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2008, 02:52:26 AM »
Do you get the information bar popping up at the top of the page? The one saying that the site wants to run a script?  That's what I was getting, and then could only give temporary permission.

I managed to fix it by going to : Tools > Internet Options > Security > Local Intranet > Sites > Advanced > Add this website to the zone

I did that while this site was the open tab .
Thanks thundley that seems to have worked.  Yes I had exactly the same problem you did and this has resolved it. :)

Offline bijou

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2008, 02:53:13 AM »
are you running vista at home, and XP at work?
XP at both (but the pro version at work)

Offline thundley4

« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2008, 04:08:03 AM »
Thanks thundley that seems to have worked.  Yes I had exactly the same problem you did and this has resolved it. :)

I should thank you also. I have had the problem since upgrading to IE7, but hadn't bothered to look for a solution until reading your post.