Author Topic: Who believes UFO's have visited us?  (Read 11744 times)

Offline Lord Undies

Re: Who believes UFO's have visited us?
« Reply #25 on: January 27, 2008, 12:07:20 AM »
I can't say for sure but I have read books on how aliens visited the earth and set up societies here. I am not saying I believe any of it to be fact but, I do think it is a possibility.

Years ago I saw a comic strip where aliens had landed on earth in a USA city.  The aliens looked like old time gas station pumps complete with one finger sticking in their ear.  The newly arrived aliens saw that their kind were already stationed on every street corner, so they left. 

Offline Splashdown

• Out of 9 lives, I spent 7
« Reply #26 on: January 27, 2008, 07:38:03 AM »
There is very possibly life out there somewhere, but have they visited? We're a speck on a speck's ass, galactically speaking, and the universe is pretty darn big. They'd have to find us first.
Let nothing trouble you,
Let nothing frighten you. 
All things are passing;
God never changes.
Patience attains all that it strives for.
He who has God lacks nothing:
God alone suffices.
--St. Theresa of Avila

"No crushed ice; no peas." -- Undies

Offline Attero Dominatus

• VRWC Psionics Corps
  • Ipsa Scientia Potestas Est
« Reply #27 on: January 27, 2008, 08:01:59 AM »
I believe there is life out there. Have they visited earth? maybe or maybe not.
Those who would trade their liberty for temporary security will get neither. --Benjamin Franklin.

Offline Full-Auto

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #28 on: January 27, 2008, 11:11:41 AM »
What? No "It's a conspiracy of the Jooooooooos option?" You guys are slippin'!

I really resent all this Jew bashing, I'm Jewish.

So am I from the waist down.  Y'all cut it out!  :bird:
:rotf:  I'm Jewish from the waist down too... We're brothers!


Offline Full-Auto

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #29 on: January 27, 2008, 11:12:25 AM »
There is very possibly life out there somewhere, but have they visited? We're a speck on a speck's ass, galactically speaking, and the universe is pretty darn big. They'd have to find us first.
Unless they put us here...

I think that's something Dr. Nuts actually believes, that's why I'm voting for Ron Paul in 2008!


Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #30 on: January 27, 2008, 12:14:19 PM »

If we could recruit two more like us we could form a quartet and call ourselves The Four Skins.

Offline Lauri

« Reply #31 on: January 27, 2008, 12:31:39 PM »

If we could recruit two more like us we could form a quartet and call ourselves The Four Skins.

:bow:   that... was awesome..  :-)

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #32 on: January 27, 2008, 08:38:23 PM »
Based upon this thread I was curious who among us believes UFO have visited or do visit Earth.

Share any of your own personal accounts or those friends and family have shared with you.

I believe they visited you, and they were selling Macs.

:tongue:
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline The Night Owl

• Banned
« Reply #33 on: January 28, 2008, 11:02:16 AM »
Are you saying we wouldn't be interested in a fledgling species if we had the ability to travel the stars?

Oh, I didn't argue that aliens wouldn't be interested in humans. What I wrote is that aliens probably wouldn't be very interested in humans. Alien interest in humans will probably depend largely on how many intelligent life forms the aliens have discovered before discovering humans.

Do you think if in 1,000 years we're able to cross the vast distance of space that we'll lose our curiosity about other forms of life?  What do you think drives a species into space?  What drove mankind into space and to our own moon?  Curiosity.  What's the driving force behind our exploration of Mars?  The possibility of life.  Why do people spend their entire lives listening to galactic radio signals?  Because they're hoping to catch a glimpse of an advanced society. 

I'm not at all convinced that FTL travel is possible or that biological life forms can survive it. I believe that the first aliens which visit Earth will be ancient and nomadic lifeforms, possibly machines, which have conquered death and the boredom that comes with eternal existence, not FTL travel.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2008, 11:13:19 AM by The Night Owl »
Ubi Dubium Ibi Libertas

Offline DaSaintFan

« Reply #34 on: January 29, 2008, 11:27:28 AM »
To quote one of my fave cutie pie actresses:

Ellie Arroway: [to a group of children] I'll tell you one thing about the universe, though. The universe is a pretty big place. It's bigger than anything anyone has ever dreamed of before. So if it's just us... seems like an awful waste of space. Right?

As for visiting us?  nah...

Online FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
« Reply #35 on: January 29, 2008, 11:49:06 AM »
I feel like I have visited another universe every time I row over to Skin's Island.
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #36 on: January 29, 2008, 12:39:23 PM »
Then explain THIS:
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Online FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
« Reply #37 on: January 29, 2008, 12:46:25 PM »
Then explain THIS:

Coincidence? I think not!
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #38 on: January 29, 2008, 12:56:04 PM »
I'm not at all convinced that FTL travel is possible or that biological life forms can survive it. I believe that the first aliens which visit Earth will be ancient and nomadic lifeforms, possibly machines, which have conquered death and the boredom that comes with eternal existence, not FTL travel.

Because you, like other liberals, are only thinking in terms of your surroundings. Kinda like the "global warming caused by humans" debate.

Who's to say the aliens have to be carbon-based life forms? Who's to say they breath oxygen? Exhale CO2? Who's to say their not electrical impulses like our nervous system? The fact is, we don't know. Is FTL possible? Right now, not for us. ....but we aren't them.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline SilverOrchid

• Proud momma of two little belles!
  • California Conservative-Yes, we exist!
« Reply #39 on: January 29, 2008, 01:28:19 PM »
Our infinite God could have many earths in His vast and endless universe.  Space and time will always keep them apart.  God is smart like that.
Why would God want to keep us apart?  I don't think that's it at all.  The Bible does say that the Lord is our Sheppard and he has many flocks...

I don't think God kept American Indiana's apart from Europeans purposely, I think it was up to us to figure out how to get across the ocean and take their land on our own.  :-)  To Europeans who thought the Earth was flat, the thought of traveling to another land thousands of miles away probably seemed just as impossible to them as traveling to the nearest star seems impossible to us.

Science tells us time and space are not a constant.  We know it can be manipulated as we see evidence of it when we look at the corona of our own sun.  A species from a planet closer to our galaxies core could be thousands, if not hundreds of thousands of years older than us.  Could you imagine our level of technology in another 1,000 years?  I can assure you we will be traveling to the stars in 1,000 years if we're not wiped out by some unforeseen catastrophe. 

I don't believe in UFO's or life on other planets but you make some intersting points.

Offline WinOne4TheGipper

• Enemy of DU
« Reply #40 on: January 29, 2008, 01:45:26 PM »
Based upon this thread I was curious who among us believes UFO have visited or do visit Earth.

Share any of your own personal accounts or those friends and family have shared with you.

Of course they exist, but a common objection to the existence of UFO's is "Why don't they appear to and study our best and brightest?"  Come on, this is easy.  These are advanced races we're talking about.  There's nothing they can learn from us, so they merely entertain themselves by sticking crap up the rectums of our rednecks. :hyper:
“Sometimes the curses of the godless sound better than the hallelujahs of the pious.”

Martin Luther

Offline The Night Owl

• Banned
« Reply #41 on: January 29, 2008, 01:52:08 PM »

Who's to say the aliens have to be carbon-based life forms? Who's to say they breath oxygen? Exhale CO2? Who's to say their not electrical impulses like our nervous system?

Perhaps you missed the part where I wrote that the first aliens to visit Earth might be machines?

The fact is, we don't know. Is FTL possible? Right now, not for us. ....but we aren't them.

I haven't argued that FTL travel is impossible. What I wrote is that I'm not convinced that FTL travel is possible.
Ubi Dubium Ibi Libertas

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #42 on: January 29, 2008, 01:53:44 PM »

Who's to say the aliens have to be carbon-based life forms? Who's to say they breath oxygen? Exhale CO2? Who's to say their not electrical impulses like our nervous system?

Perhaps you missed the part where I wrote that the first aliens to visit Earth might be machines?

The fact is, we don't know. Is FTL possible? Right now, not for us. ....but we aren't them.

I haven't argued that FTL travel is impossible. What I wrote is that I'm not convinced that FTL travel is possible.

What if they are carbon-based? What if they can cocoon themselves in plasma? What about worm holes? Look at the 1400s, as opposed to what we know now. There is no possible way we can fathom what technology is on the horizon. We broke the sound barrier when all said it was impossible.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline dixierat

• All the Way, any day.
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #43 on: January 29, 2008, 03:36:29 PM »

Of course they exist, but a common objection to the existence of UFO's is "Why don't they appear to and study our best and brightest?"  Come on, this is easy.  These are advanced races we're talking about.  There's nothing they can learn from us, so they merely entertain themselves by sticking crap up the rectums of our rednecks. :hyper:

They should be VERY careful trying that around me. I keep weapons handy and don't care WHAT neighborhood they're from. This rednecks rectum is a one way street.  :-)

I saw a bonafide UFO once on a field problem at Ft. Bragg. Don't know what it was, did NOT report what I had seen. A red ball at an estimated 5000 feet altitude being pursued by 4 F-4 Phantoms with AB's going full bore. This was 1974 around MArch-April. The F-4's chased the thing out of my sight and never got closer or further behind. It was a weird experience though.

“Of every one hundred men, ten shouldn’t even be there, eighty are nothing but targets, nine are real fighters… We are lucky to have them… They make the battle. Ah, but the one, one of them is a Warrior… and he will bring the others back.” Hericletus, circa 500BC