Author Topic: Who believes UFO's have visited us?  (Read 11745 times)

Offline Full-Auto

• Topic Moderator
Who believes UFO's have visited us?
« on: January 26, 2008, 08:37:22 AM »
Based upon this thread I was curious who among us believes UFO have visited or do visit Earth.

Share any of your own personal accounts or those friends and family have shared with you.


Offline Taxman

Re: Who believes UFO's have visited us?
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2008, 08:55:31 AM »
Aliens have to exist...how else can one explain liberals.   :-)

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2008, 09:00:52 AM »
I don't think it's plausible to think we're the only living creatures in this vast universe.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2008, 10:30:07 AM »
Our infinite God could have many earths in His vast and endless universe.  Space and time will always keep them apart.  God is smart like that.

Offline djones520

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2008, 11:10:18 AM »
I believe there is other intelligent life out there.  Have they ever visited Earth?  Don't know.

The question I really wonder about is, if there is other intelligent life out there, will they be hell bent on destroying us?
"Chuck Norris once had sex in an 18 wheeler. Some of his semen dripped onto the engine. We now call that truck Optimus Prime."

Offline The Night Owl

• Banned
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2008, 11:49:03 AM »
The question I really wonder about is, if there is other intelligent life out there, will they be hell bent on destroying us?

Chances are that if an alien race is smart enough to traverse vast distances in space to find Earth, then they probably won't be very interested in humans or in any of the other forms of life on Earth.
Ubi Dubium Ibi Libertas

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2008, 11:58:34 AM »
Chances are that if an alien race is smart enough to traverse vast distances in space to find Earth, then they probably won't be very interested in humans or in any of the other forms of life on Earth.

What about as slaves?

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2008, 12:01:14 PM »
What about as slaves?

They'll put up a sign that says "Free Health Care" with an arrow pointing to their spaceship. 

Offline Full-Auto

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2008, 12:02:26 PM »
Our infinite God could have many earths in His vast and endless universe.  Space and time will always keep them apart.  God is smart like that.
Why would God want to keep us apart?  I don't think that's it at all.  The Bible does say that the Lord is our Sheppard and he has many flocks...

I don't think God kept American Indiana's apart from Europeans purposely, I think it was up to us to figure out how to get across the ocean and take their land on our own.  :-)  To Europeans who thought the Earth was flat, the thought of traveling to another land thousands of miles away probably seemed just as impossible to them as traveling to the nearest star seems impossible to us.

Science tells us time and space are not a constant.  We know it can be manipulated as we see evidence of it when we look at the corona of our own sun.  A species from a planet closer to our galaxies core could be thousands, if not hundreds of thousands of years older than us.  Could you imagine our level of technology in another 1,000 years?  I can assure you we will be traveling to the stars in 1,000 years if we're not wiped out by some unforeseen catastrophe. 


Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2008, 12:03:19 PM »
I voted "Aliens are here and are conspiring with The Joooooooooooos"
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2008, 12:04:39 PM »
What about as slaves?

They'll put up a sign that says "Free Health Care" with an arrow pointing to their spaceship. 
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2008, 12:06:33 PM »

Isn't that the definition of woman?  :-)  :bolt:

Offline Full-Auto

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2008, 12:07:29 PM »

Are you saying we wouldn't be interested in a fledgling species if we had the ability to travel the stars?  Do you think if in 1,000 years we're able to cross the vast distance of space that we'll lose our curiosity about other forms of life?  What do you think drives a species into space?  What drove mankind into space and to our own moon?  Curiosity.  What's the driving force behind our exploration of Mars?  The possibility of life.  Why do people spend their entire lives listening to galactic radio signals?  Because they're hoping to catch a glimpse of an advanced society. 

I'm willing to bet if a species has ventured into space, they're doing so because they're looking to find life just as we are.  Perhaps we wouldn't be the focal point of their interest assuming the galaxy is packed with life.  But then again perhaps we're unique in some way.


Offline Chris_

« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2008, 12:07:53 PM »

Isn't that the definition of woman?  :-)  :bolt:

I'm gonna give you some space here, amigo ;)

Offline vftb

« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2008, 12:08:57 PM »
When I read some of the stuff posted in the Dumpster (I don't venture to their site) I wonder if there's intelligent life on earth  :-) :-) :beer:
To err is human, to really **** things up you need a computer

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2008, 12:11:51 PM »
There may be life in the universe other then Earth,no way to know for sure.
Personal belief as far as visiting Earth is no.

It would seem that to be able to travel the vastness of space it would require ships,energy sources and supplies beyond our knowledge,propulsion systems beyond our knowledge,etc.
While that doesn`t mean it isn`t possible it does mean that we have to believe it can be just because,since all the other issues are unanswerable.

Beyond that would be the question of why would they and presumably many,given the differing descriptions of craft,visit but only flybys and maintaining complete secrecy,never revealing themselves completely.
I would think that it wouldn`t require much difficulty in determining we would bear little threat to them and their world to be operating out of fear of us.

Offline Mr Mannn

« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2008, 12:57:28 PM »

What about as slaves?
Robots are far cheaper, expendable, and reliable than slaves. In a space faring economy they are preferable. They don't breathe precious air, they don't eat food, you can turn them off and store them in dark warehouses until they are needed.

A human slave take 20 years of conditioning and education to be of use alien masters. A robot can be produced in 20 minutes. It can be fed just enough information to do its job, and it has no hopes and desires of its own.

If aliens tell a human slave to dig a ditch, an alien master must stay and watch him work, otherwise the human may run away.
Robots can be preprogrammed and sent ahead of the masters to prepare a new colony(unsupervised), and the masters can be assured that the work will be done by the time they arrive.

Robots will make slaves obsolete.
I'm just waiting for when Stepford wives are available in mail order packages (buy one, get one free!). 

Offline Chris_

« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2008, 12:59:52 PM »
They don't breathe precious air, they don't eat food, you can turn them off and store them in dark warehouses until they are needed.

Sounds like the perfect wife... ;)

Offline Uhhuh35

• Subtle Like A Nuclear Weapon
« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2008, 06:53:03 PM »
What? No "It's a conspiracy of the Jooooooooos option?" You guys are slippin'!

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
— Albert Einstein.

Offline Full-Auto

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2008, 06:56:10 PM »

I really resent all this Jew bashing, I'm Jewish.


Offline Chris_

« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2008, 08:08:40 PM »
If there are others...why wouldn't they come here just for the sake of exploration.

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2008, 08:09:01 PM »

I really resent all this Jew bashing, I'm Jewish.

So am I from the waist down.  Y'all cut it out!  :bird:

Offline dandi

• Live long, and piss off liberals.
« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2008, 10:29:07 PM »
I don't believe they've visited because, watching video interviews of some of the women who claim to have been abducted, I mean seriously, would you do an anal probe on one of them?

:doh:
I don't want...anybody else
When I think about me I touch myself

Offline Chris_

« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2008, 10:38:39 PM »
I don't believe they've visited because, watching video interviews of some of the women who claim to have been abducted, I mean seriously, would you do an anal probe on one of them?

:doh:
probably...but I don't have very high standards

Offline Freeper

• Topic Moderator
  • Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #24 on: January 26, 2008, 11:33:07 PM »
I can't say for sure but I have read books on how aliens visited the earth and set up societies here. I am not saying I believe any of it to be fact but, I do think it is a possibility.
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.