Author Topic: Vegas Raid Prompts Nationwide Investigation of ACORN Voter Fraud/ Officials: FBI investigates ACORN for voter fraud (!)  (Read 19114 times)

Offline Wretched Excess

• Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happy Hour

the investigation is well underway in PA.  they don't talk about numbers, but the allegheny county DA says that they have uncovered a crime.  Zappala is a democrat, though, and has been mentioned in the past as a possible candidate for PA Atty Gen.  I think that would make him less likely to want to turn the ACORN fraud into a huge scandal, and piss off the state democrat party.

County Police Investigate ACORN Over Voter Fraud Allegations
PITTSBURGH -- Allegheny County police are sifting through voter registration forms in an effort affiliated with a national investigation that has turned up thousands of allegedly fraudulent voter registration forms.

Regulators are paying close scrutiny to registrations submitted by the Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now, or ACORN, a group dedicated to assisting the less fortunate across the country.

“There appears to be a crime,” said Steve Zappala, Allegheny County District Attorney. “Clearly there are people on these applications who have not been solicited or may not exist. They’re forgeries.”

On Wednesday, authorities in Las Vegas raided an ACORN office and confiscated recent voter registration documents.

Distancing itself from the controversy, ACORN said at that time it has zero tolerance for fraudulent registration and will immediately fire anyone engaged in such activity.

Link

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
Good gravy!! It's time for this house of cards to get blown over. Fast.
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline Wretched Excess

and now in indiana.  this story doesn't specifically mention whether or not the FBI is involved or not, but
you would have to assume that if they weren't, they are now.  and CNN mentions a story from august
which reported that the obama campaign misreported 800,000 paid to ACORN for what was originally
described as polling, & etc., but turns out to be for voter registration.

if that doesn't tie The BarackStar! to ACORN, then nothing will.

Thousands of voter registration forms faked, officials say

CROWN POINT, Indiana (CNN) -- More than 2,000 voter registration forms filed in northern Indiana's Lake County by a liberal activist group this week have turned out to be bogus, election officials said Thursday.

The group -- the Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now, or ACORN -- already faces allegations of filing fraudulent voter registrations in Nevada and faces investigations in other states.

And in Lake County, home to the long-depressed steel town of Gary, the bipartisan Elections Board has stopped processing a stack of about 5,000 applications delivered just before the October 6 registration deadline after the first 2,100 turned out to be phony.

"All the signatures looked exactly the same," Ruthann Hoagland, a Republican on the board. "Everything on the card filled out looks exactly the same."

The forms included registrations submitted in the names of the dead -- and in one case, the name of a fast-food restaurant, Jimmy Johns. Sally LaSota, a Democrat on the board, called the forms fraudulent and said whoever filed them broke the law.
A subsidiary of the group was paid $800,000 by Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama's campaign to register voters for the 2008 primaries, and ACORN's political wing endorsed Obama back in February. But Obama's campaign told CNN that it "is committed to protecting the integrity of the voting process," and said it has not worked with ACORN during the general election.

More

Offline Wretched Excess

I have slightly modified the title of this thread to cover all of the ACORN voter fraud investigations that are popping up around the country.

Offline dutch508

• Remember
Sent in to Fox News, although, it makes me happy to see CNN doing this story as well.

Hopefully, it won't get swept under the rug by the MSM.
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline dutch508

• Remember
"We believe their purpose is to attack ACORN and suppress votes," Mellor said. "We believe that by attacking ACORN, they are going to discourage people that have registered to vote with ACORN from voting."

"We didn't do anything wrong!"

****ers need to be shot.

Lake County elections officials have set aside all 5,000 of the ACORN-submitted applications in what Hoagland called the "fake pile" for later review. But she said every one will be reviewed before the election to make sure no legitimate voters are skipped.

They need to throw out all ACORN registrations.

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline Wretched Excess

Sent in to Fox News, although, it makes me happy to see CNN doing this story as well.

Hopefully, it won't get swept under the rug by the MSM.

I was sort of surprised to see CNN report that $800K, too.  maybe this is the start of the MSM acting responsibly.

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
I was sort of surprised to see CNN report that $800K, too.  maybe this is the start of the MSM acting responsibly.

I disagree. I think its one of two driving factors, or maybe a combination of both. Either the MSM is (finally) capitulating to the growing landslide of fraud surrounding the Barackstar! or they are going for ratings by tearing down the person they helped create. 

Offline Wretched Excess

I disagree. I think its one of two driving factors, or maybe a combination of both. Either the MSM is (finally) capitulating to the growing landslide of fraud surrounding the Barackstar! or they are going for ratings by tearing down the person they helped create. 

wishful thinking.  I had a non-cynical, partially optimistic moment.  lock me up. :whatever:

(jeeez.  I said "maybe")

Offline Wretched Excess

the MSM is virtually ignoring the organized attempt to steal a nationwide election.  but this morning they are all over a report regarding Sarah Palin and troopergate that hasn't even been released yet, and may not ever be.

I won't bore you by posting it.  it looks and reads exactly how you would expect it to.

Offline dutch508

• Remember
The Crown Point, IN story just broke on Fox News. They had a local reporter on the scene with the fraudulent forms turned in by ACORN.

Offline Wretched Excess

The Crown Point, IN story just broke on Fox News. They had a local reporter on the scene with the fraudulent forms turned in by ACORN.

to believe ACORN's explanation, that it is the canvassers' fault, you would expect to only find fraud in a few isolated places.  but that fact that they are finding rampant voter fraud every place that ACORN is in operation SCREAMS OUT that it is an ORGANIZED attempt to steal the election.

Offline lastparker

OK, so CNN is finally giving this ACORN business some coverage.  But with their very special spin, of course.....

The forms included registrations submitted in the names of the dead -- and in one case, the name of a fast-food restaurant, Jimmy Johns. Sally LaSota, a Democrat on the board, called the forms fraudulent and said whoever filed them broke the law.
"ACORN, with its intent, perhaps was good in the beginning, but went awry somewhere," LaSota said.

Their intent all along has been fraudulent you idiot.

There has been no evidence of voter fraud yet, because voters have yet to go to the polls. But elections officials say they will be sending their information to prosecutors, who will determine whether any investigation will begin.

"We have no idea what the motive behind it is," she said. "It's just overwhelming to us."

No idea?  REALLY?

Do they really think we sit and read this $hit and swallow it with a smile?

McCain needs to move away from Ayers and beat Obama about the head with ACORN.  (Uh, lurking DUmmies - that's a metaphor, not a rethuglican threat of violence)
Cursing is the crutch of the inarticulate mother****er, DUmmies.   -NHSparky

Deadbeats eating mushroom duxelles and dandelion salad with a shallot vinaigrette are still deadbeats.    -GOBUCKS

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
"It went awry...somewhere...."

Well,  :thatsright:

Since it's awry in several different states....awry is not quite the right word.

Perhaps......"busted" would be better.

If it wasn't such a serious situation.....it would be hilarious.

I would say a lot of people are needing some diapers to catch the "flow"....cause the poop's gone liquid at this point.    :loser:
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
I would say a lot of people are needing some diapers to catch the "flow"....cause the poop's gone liquid at this point.    :loser:

LMAO --  H5 for you - though that comment almost earned a BS as well, since I need to utilize the VRWC Mindspork now.. Which almost always leaves collateral damage. Oh well, goodbye to memories of my 5th bithday party.

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
Heh - just heard on FOX that the ACORN investigation is now twelve states wide, up from ten as of yesterday.

Offline bijou

• Topic Moderator
Here's a story from September I found on Free Republic

Lawsuit Adds to Turmoil for Community Group

By STEPHANIE STROM
Published: September 9, 2008
Correction Appended

In the wake of an embezzlement scandal that rocked the Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now, or Acorn, two of its board members are seeking a court order to force it to hand over financial documents.

They also are seeking to sever what they describe as continuing ties between Acorn and its founder, Wade Rathke, who resigned after it became public this summer that his brother had embezzled almost $1 million from the organization eight years ago. They contend that Mr. Rathke continues to direct the staff and expenditures.

“Acorn will suffer irreparable harm if the defendants are not restrained from contact with employees, expending and receiving, destroying or prohibiting the review of accounting and other data necessary to fulfill the fiduciary responsibility of the interim management committee,” the board members, Marcel Reid and Karen Inman, stated in the petition. Both serve on a committee established to lead Acorn.

The suit cites their concerns that money is being spent improperly and that important documents are being destroyed. It was filed on behalf of the entire 51-member board, but Acorn executives and some board members say Ms. Reid and Ms. Inman had no authority to file the suit or to claim to represent the board.

Acorn contends that Ms. Reid and Ms. Inman are trying to engineer a takeover, and on Tuesday, it demanded that the petition be withdrawn.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/09/10/us/10acorn.html?_r=1&oref=slogin

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
Well, there is one positive for Obama after this whole ACORN thing... We now know what a Community Organizer does.

Offline Wretched Excess

Well, there is one positive for Obama after this whole ACORN thing... We now know what a Community Organizer does.

I sooooooooooo already said that.  :-)

(but it was still witty :wink: )

Offline thundley4

But only half as much the second time around.  :evillaugh:

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
I sooooooooooo already said that.  :-)

(but it was still witty :wink: )

I must have missed it - I realized it earlier when I read the text around the ACORN logo that the volunteers wear - Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now.. Full of funny it is  :-)

Offline bijou

• Topic Moderator
O'jahnae Smith is ready and registered to vote this November.

There's only one problem: She's 7 years old.

The Connecticut girl is 11 years too young - and nobody in her family knows how she ended up on a voter registration form submitted by ACORN, the Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now.

"She's registered to vote?" said a surprised Jerome Smith, O'jahnae's teenage brother. "She's too young to vote."

But that didn't stop someone from forging the child's signature on a voter registration card and giving her a fake birth date that upped her age to 27. The family told The Post a drug-addicted relative may have given the bogus card to ACORN.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/10122008/news/politics/7_yr__old_gets_an_acorn_vote_133207.htm

How stupid would you have to be to falsely register a child with a name so unusual that I'm betting it is unique?

Offline Peter3_1

Perhaps you missed the Ohio Restaurant that ACORN registered, and included the 's on the registration form? Or the Mouse family? Mickey and Minnie? Or the Dallas Cowboys? Or Stormi Bays, Fruto Boy or 1800 more made up names in Las VEGAS? Or 27,000 fraudulent registration forms in another city?

I hear that the only reason rthe Duck family was not registered is because Scrooge McDuck is an infamous conservative/neocon. :o :thatsright: :whatever:

Offline Wretched Excess

Fox just had someone on who said they were registered by ACORN 72 times!!!!

Who is going to find all these fake registrations.....and in 3 weeks?

it's even worse than we imagined . . . here's the guy with 72 registrations.

1 VOTER, 72 REGISTRATIONS
'ACORN PAID ME IN CASH & CIGS'

CLEVELAND - A man at the center of a voter-registration scandal told The Post yesterday he was given cash and cigarettes by aggressive ACORN activists in exchange for registering an astonishing 72 times, in apparent violation of Ohio laws.

"Sometimes, they come up and bribe me with a cigarette, or they'll give me a dollar to sign up," said Freddie Johnson, 19, who filled out 72 separate voter-registration cards over an 18-month period at the behest of the left-leaning Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now.

"The ACORN people are everywhere, looking to sign people up. I tell them I am already registered. The girl said, 'You are?' I say, 'Yup,' and then they say, 'Can you just sign up again?' " he said.

Johnson used the same information on all of his registration cards, and officials say they usually catch and toss out duplicate registrations. But the practice sparks fear that some multiple registrants could provide different information and vote more than once by absentee ballot.

ACORN is under investigation in Ohio and at least eight other states - including Missouri, where the FBI said it's planning to look into potential voter fraud - for over-the-top efforts to get as many names as possible on the voter rolls regardless of whether a person is registered or eligible.

More

Offline RobJohnson

Would a person have enough time to vote 72 times?