Author Topic: 2nd Presidential Debate - Nashville, TN Oct. 7 @ 9PM ET Preview/Live Thread  (Read 22349 times)

Offline Wretched Excess

• Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happy Hour

buying up bad loans again. :thatsright:

Offline Chris

• Administrator
he's tying fannie and freddie to the dems and obama . . .

Yes!  :cheersmate:
This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.

Offline ReardenSteel

:yawn: Yer killin me John  :yawn:

Guess I'm just watching for Obama to screw up and say something stupid. :whatever:
"When you see that trading is done, not by consent, but by compulsion - when you see that in order to produce, you need to obtain permission from men who produce nothing - when you see that money is flowing to those who deal, not in goods, but in favors - when you see that men get richer by graft and by pull than by work, and your laws don't protect you against them, but protect them against you - when you see corruption being rewarded and honesty becoming a self-sacrifice - you may know that your society is doomed."

- Ayn Rand
http://www.capmag.com/article.asp?ID=1826

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
Obama's is spreading the "I warned about F&F First!!!!11!!1" Lie. I hope McCain nails him

Offline Zeus

First shot across the bow by McCain and you can tell Nobama is shaken up.
It is said that branches draw their life from the vine. Each is separate yet all are one as they share one life giving stem . The Bible tells us we are called to a similar union in life, our lives with the life of God. We are incorporated into him; made sharers in his life. Apart from this union we can do nothing.

Offline Wretched Excess

we're going to have to "coordinate" our economy with other countries', barack?

please tell me that he didn't just say that.

Offline Uhhuh35

• Subtle Like A Nuclear Weapon
HE JUST SAID HE"S CONFIDENT ABOUT THE AMERICAN ECONOMY BUT HE ALSO SAYS THE FUNDAMENTALS ARE BAD?!?!?!?!
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
— Albert Einstein.

Offline Chris

• Administrator
Obama's confident about the economy?  He's running the classic Dem campaign of "fear the Republicans".  Yawn.
This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.

Offline Crazy Horse

• Army 0 Navy 34
  • Topic Moderator
  • Sex, Booze and Bacon Minion
Slam his ass about the foriegn needs on OUR finances
You got off your ass, now get your wife off her back.

Offline LC EFA

• Hickus Australianus
  • In Memoriam
Did McCain just suggest that the Fed buys loans , then renegotiates them at the current value of the property.... WTF

Is he reading Obama's script ?

Offline Wretched Excess

Obama's is spreading the "I warned about F&F First!!!!11!!1" Lie. I hope McCain nails him

mccain's response was lame, or at least non-lethal.  he said that obama's name wasn't on a letter.

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
That was an awesome question ! I figured something like that would be stricken

Offline Wretched Excess

I DON'T trust the goverment with my money, lady!! JEEEEEEEEEEZ!  what a retarded question.

Offline Chris

• Administrator
Ouch.  Good question.  :-)

O: "I feel your pain." :whatever:

Offline ReardenSteel

This is at least a four or five beer debate.  :p (two more than I need on a weeknight)  :p
"When you see that trading is done, not by consent, but by compulsion - when you see that in order to produce, you need to obtain permission from men who produce nothing - when you see that money is flowing to those who deal, not in goods, but in favors - when you see that men get richer by graft and by pull than by work, and your laws don't protect you against them, but protect them against you - when you see corruption being rewarded and honesty becoming a self-sacrifice - you may know that your society is doomed."

- Ayn Rand
http://www.capmag.com/article.asp?ID=1826

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
I DON'T trust the goverment with my money, lady!! JEEEEEEEEEEZ!  what a retarded question.

It can be good if McCain hits Obama and the Democrat congress over the head with it.

Offline Wretched Excess

It can be good if McCain hits Obama and the Democrat congress over the head with it.

the state doesn't control the assets of it's citizens in a free market democracy.  that was my only point.

Offline Chris

• Administrator
Ten trillion debt?  Try eleven... you just voted to increase it by 10% overnight. 

Obama's answer, part 2: spend money.  And we all know where the Democrats make cuts first.

Offline Wretched Excess

does obama realize that he has no constitutional authority to "go through the federal budget line by line"?

Offline Chris

• Administrator
Did Brobama just mention Iran and Venezuela in the same breath?  The Sandanistas at DU aren't going to like that.

And gas hasn't been $3.80 here for quite a while.

Offline Hawkgirl

• Alpha Female
:yawn:

Is it just me or are they both putting putting everyone to sleep..no passion..same old talking points..no witty retorts, no passion in their answers, and Brokaw whining about the one minute rule they both signed up for.  :yawn:

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
McCain is a *******ed idiot and determined to lose this election.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline Wretched Excess

a federal spending freeze except for defense spending is a pretty damn good place to start . . . 

Offline overlord

I'm having a hard time figuring out which one is the liberal :banghead:
Destroy all that which is evil, so that which is good may flourish

Women and children are precious resources to be protected at all costs.  Men are expendable commodities whose function is to protect those resources, at all costs.

So how does it feel to know that someone's kid in the heart of america has blood on their hands to defend your rights so you can maintain a lifestyle that insults his family's existence?

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
:yawn:

Is it just me or are they both putting putting everyone to sleep..no passion..same old talking points..no witty retorts, no passion in their answers, and Brokaw whining about the one minute rule they both signed up for.  :yawn:

Town Hall is mostly non-confrontational -- Sadly McCain needs to make it so.