Author Topic: Around the House & In the Garage Forum Rules  (Read 24536 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
Around the House & In the Garage Forum Rules
« on: January 25, 2008, 09:32:30 AM »
AUTOMOTIVE DISCUSSIONS
All General Board Rules apply here. Moderator has the final say on what’s appropriate.

Oh wow.

We have a new forum here, and one most likely destined to bring in more people, some of them becoming members.

I'm not sure who the moderator is here, but when I suggested it, I suggested it as a place for others to describe automotive problems, and to post photographs automotively-related.

And then the idea was expanded a bit, to include lawn equipment stuff, swimming pool stuff, wood-cutting stuff; anything mechanical.  Power tools whatnot.

The only suggestion I have is that if someone posts of a photograph of his vehicle, please bmp it, and white-out the number on the license plate, and then jpg it and post it.  It's just good internet security.

Link to General Board Rules.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2009, 11:56:47 AM by asdf2231 »
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
Re: new forum
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2008, 09:34:45 AM »
The only suggestion I have is that if someone posts of a photograph of his vehicle, please bmp it, and white-out the number on the license plate, and then jpg it and post it.  It's just good internet security.

...but then, how are we to attract the stalkers? :confused:
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2008, 09:37:39 AM »

...but then, how are we to attract the stalkers? :confused:

Oh, the primitives will come.

I'm sure that by the end of March, the primitives will be over here in droves.

It takes time.

apres moi, le deluge

Offline Toastedturningtidelegs

• Holy Crap! Look at my
  • OBAMA PHONE!
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2008, 01:33:31 PM »
 :rotf: As soon as I saw this I knew Frank would be in here.
Call me "Asshole" One more time!

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2008, 01:39:39 PM »
Nifty.  Can I get my car threads moved over here from GD?   :beer:
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2008, 01:43:21 PM »
Nifty.  Can I get my car threads moved over here from GD?   :beer:

Will do.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2008, 05:37:45 PM »

Well, when I was a teenager, while all my peers were learning cars, I was learning income-taxes.

And then after we became adults, they mechanized my motor vehicles while I taxed their income (personal and business).

There were a lot of things done to my vehicles that I never had the slightest idea, but they knew what they were doing, and never let me down.

But then suddenly when I abruptly moved out here, from more-populated areas of Nebraska, there were no such friends around.

So I had to start learning all this stuff, rather than having someone else take care of it.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Toastedturningtidelegs

• Holy Crap! Look at my
  • OBAMA PHONE!
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2008, 06:07:17 PM »

Well, when I was a teenager, while all my peers were learning cars, I was learning income-taxes.

And then after we became adults, they mechanized my motor vehicles while I taxed their income (personal and business).

There were a lot of things done to my vehicles that I never had the slightest idea, but they knew what they were doing, and never let me down.

But then suddenly when I abruptly moved out here, from more-populated areas of Nebraska, there were no such friends around.

So I had to start learning all this stuff, rather than having someone else take care of it.
Frank, I hope you don't think I was teasing you about that{I wasn't} I just remember your car posts from CU in the whiny zone.You have the worst luck with cars. And I salute you for trying to learn more about them.
Call me "Asshole" One more time!

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2008, 06:12:38 PM »
I worked in a NAPA store for 12 years ending in 2000.
Even though that was a while ago will gladly try to help someone if I can.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2008, 07:15:09 PM »
Frank, I hope you don't think I was teasing you about that{I wasn't} I just remember your car posts from CU in the whiny zone.You have the worst luck with cars. And I salute you for trying to learn more about them.

No, no, sir.

I figured you were teasing, but in the good-natured way.

The deal is, I don't think I have "bad luck" with motor vehicles--especially since it seems every time something really bad happens, it turns out to be minor.

Like the time a guy told me I had a cracked engine block--and it took a $4.70 repair (parts and labor, really, I kid you not) to fix the problem.

I don't think that's bad luck at all.

It's just that, I suppose, this is the first time in my life that I've been driving around (the past six years), and something happens, and ooops, there's no one around, just myself.  All other times, plenty of people were around, and problem solved.

It's a quite different life, driving around where there are more miles per vehicle, than vehicles per mile.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2008, 07:16:12 PM »
I worked in a NAPA store for 12 years ending in 2000.
Even though that was a while ago will gladly try to help someone if I can.

I just put you on my "important people to know" list, sir.

apres moi, le deluge