Author Topic: DU vrs DailyKOS  (Read 1563 times)

Offline Crazy Horse

• Army 0 Navy 34
  • Topic Moderator
  • Sex, Booze and Bacon Minion
DU vrs DailyKOS
« on: January 24, 2008, 08:48:01 PM »
 :thatsright:

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x2759915

ngant17  (858 posts)       Thu Jan-24-08 07:14 PM
Original message
DU vrs DailyKOS
 I enjoy DU a lot, but sometimes I get the impression that there is a lot of rightwing bias in some of the posts and also in some of the deletions by the DU assistants. May be my imagination, but I'm also wondering if there are more progressive/leftwing types at DailyKOS.

That's where I would prefer to spend more quality time, because I am trying to limit the signals from rightwing ideologues, it's essentially noise and not much of a coherent signal anyway, I suppose a lot of these types on DU subscribe to DNC party platforms, moderate conservatives who are not lacking enough consciousness (or conscious) to go Freeper or Repug all the way.

Has anyone spent enough time over at DailyKOS to size up the crowd there, wrt DU?

Bread and Circus (1000+ posts)       Thu Jan-24-08 07:17 PM
Response to Reply #1
4. That's always been my problem too but the analysis there is more 
 intelligent

Catchawave  (1000+ posts)       Thu Jan-24-08 07:20 PM
Response to Reply #1
11. I hear that on dKos too about DU.... 
 LOL...small world

DKos is member managed, I like that. I think Skinner has a plan to upgrade to more member managed in March?

ngant17  (858 posts)       Thu Jan-24-08 07:40 PM
Response to Reply #2
18. that's just it, I've been getting deleted messages
 by some of the DU helpers around here lately.

For example, I responded recently to a DU thread from someone who had a strong abhorrance to military uniforms. I made the remark that people in the military, from my personal experience of 3 yrs. in US Army, they tend to be mindless automatons who are trained to kill without questioning authority. That got me an instant deletion, someone whined about that and my message got zapped by one of the DU helpers. Whatever happened to free speech here?

**** you ngant

Now this is funny. Doesn't Ian have just about the entire population of Skins Island on ignore?

IanDB1  (1000+ posts)       Thu Jan-24-08 07:16 PM
Response to Original message
3. Would you like me to share my Ignore list with you? 
 It makes DU a much smarter, more Liberal place.

ngant17  (858 posts)       Thu Jan-24-08 07:25 PM
Response to Reply #3
13. Yeah, sure. I haven't begun to use ignore lists yet
 and I think that would be a good start. If the ignore list meets those requirements as in the OT, yeah sure, I'd love to have it and I'll cut 'n paste if there isn't a quicker way to do it with the DU settings. Probably you should send as a separate message rather than as a thread here, so no one gets blatantly offended and whines to the admin.

IanDB1  (1000+ posts)       Thu Jan-24-08 07:30 PM
Response to Reply #13
15. There was a very short period during which Ignore Lists were made public. 
 I've been told that my ignore list is a "Who's Who of Woo-Woo."

waiting for hope  (1000+ posts)       Thu Jan-24-08 07:24 PM
12. I go back and forth -   
 Edited on Thu Jan-24-08 07:29 PM by waiting for hope
There are a ton of Edwards supporters, and since Iowa, more Obama ones too. The difference I see is in the quality of the posts, not to down grade the posts here but there are fewer, thus making them a bit more substantive. Plus, you can only post one Diary a day, so it seems people are making that one count - now, that being said, there are quite a few trollish ones too. Once you join up and become a trusted member (like having so many posts here before being able to do an OP), you get to recommend and troll rate (you are allowed 5 per day - that's pretty neat), after a comment has received so many troll rates it becomes hidden. You can get a bit lost over there too, with the only one diary per day and have celebrities posting (KO, Ned Lamont, John Kerry), the number of replies get a bit much. It's not unusual to have a Diary with 500 or more replies. I tend not to jump on if there is more than 100.

Hope that helps

KamaAina  (1000+ posts)       Thu Jan-24-08 07:43 PM
20. Nearly all of the RW-biased posts are coming from trolls, not real DUers.
 They're trying to drive people like you away. Don't fall for it. That's why God Skinner gave us the Ignore list and Hide Threads feature, after all.

Oh crap..............the moonbats are onto us

librechik  (1000+ posts)       Thu Jan-24-08 08:51 PM
28. Over at Kos they are more sunny optimist, let's organize! types
 A lot of us here at DU are jaded revolutionaries who have been beaten down too many times. Note the "underground" in the title. We're Dirty ****ing Hippies here, no lie--and an easy target for trolls.

If you actually want to get together and do something about politics, rather than snark out or helplessly peer into the dark abyss, Kos is for you. Altho there's quite a bit of abyss-peering there too, if you can figure out how to go from place to place.

It's an individual choice. Go where you feel welcome.

Can't breathe............. :lmao:

You got off your ass, now get your wife off her back.

Offline Splashdown

• Out of 9 lives, I spent 7
Re: DU vrs DailyKOS
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2008, 08:49:50 PM »
Sweet mommy! Right wing bias on DU??????

:lmao:
 :rotf:

I couldn't read any further.
Let nothing trouble you,
Let nothing frighten you. 
All things are passing;
God never changes.
Patience attains all that it strives for.
He who has God lacks nothing:
God alone suffices.
--St. Theresa of Avila

"No crushed ice; no peas." -- Undies

Offline djones520

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2008, 08:57:04 PM »
Sweet mommy! Right wing bias on DU??????

:rotf:

I couldn't read any further.

The DU used to scare me.  If DailyKos thinks that the DU is right wing biased...  god help us all.
"Chuck Norris once had sex in an 18 wheeler. Some of his semen dripped onto the engine. We now call that truck Optimus Prime."

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2008, 09:12:34 PM »
It's Mainstream Communist troop haters vs. Hardline Communist troop haters.
 :popcorn:

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn