Author Topic: BOBO The Idiot on Manatee Crusade  (Read 2099 times)

Online Crazy Horse

• Army 0 Navy 34
  • Topic Moderator
  • Sex, Booze and Bacon Minion
BOBO The Idiot on Manatee Crusade
« on: January 24, 2008, 05:14:29 PM »
I think I'm starting to see how other than they being unemployable rack up their post

From Latest BN

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x3155099

Bonobo (1000+ posts)      Thu Jan-24-08 04:24 PM
Original message
Judge: U.S. military must consider threats to sea cow near base
 Edited on Thu Jan-24-08 04:26 PM by Bonobo
Source: Associated Press

The Associated Press
Article Launched: 01/24/2008 11:48:32 AM PST

SAN FRANCISCO—A federal judge has ordered the U.S. Department of Defense to consider the impact of its proposed military base in Japan on an endangered sea cow that lives in waters around the island of Okinawa.

U.S. District Judge Marilyn Hall Patel ruled Thursday that the U.S. military violated federal law when it failed to evaluate the air station's potential effects on the Okinawa dugong, a 1,000-pound marine mammal related to the manatee.

The judge sided with environmentalists who claimed plans to relocate the Futenma Air Station would threaten the dugong, which is listed as a "natural monument" on the Japanese Register of Cultural Properties.

The U.S. government had asked the judge to dismiss the case, saying the issue should be left to the Japanese and U.S. governments.

What a damn idiot..............US judge tells us Navy what they can do in Japan :mental:

Only San Fran

QuestionAll  (1000+ posts)      Thu Jan-24-08 04:57 PM
Response to Original message
3. "proposed military base in japan"?
 instead of building still MORE overseas military installations- we should be bringing virtually ALL of our armed forces stationed overseas HOME, and shrinking the size of the Dept. of War Defense, if we want to have any hope of salvaging our economy.

Is this a Paulista or Moonbat, I have a hard time telling lately/

Bonobo (1000+ posts)      Thu Jan-24-08 04:59 PM
Response to Reply #3
4. Yeah, and they take all the very best real estate in poor Okinawa. 
 And there ain't that much to begin with. Like the rest of the world, the locals don't want us.

This person has no idea

So Now in Enviro/energy

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=115x130940

Bonobo (1000+ posts)      Thu Jan-24-08 04:32 PM
Original message
Save the critically endangered Okinawa Dugong
 http://www.okinawa-u.ac.jp/~tsuchida/Save-Dugong/englis...

The US is forcing the Japanese to allow them to open another base in the vicinity of the critically endangered Nothernmost Dugong.  The Dugong are loved and revered in Japan as the "mermaid of the sea".

Glorfindel  (1000+ posts)      Thu Jan-24-08 04:34 PM
1. Really? They slaughter whales and revere dugongs? 
 How civilized of them.

Bonobo (1000+ posts)      Thu Jan-24-08 04:36 PM
Response to Reply #1
2. Kind of like how we do. Weird, isn't it?

Bonobo (1000+ posts)      Thu Jan-24-08 04:48 PM
Response to Reply #1
3. Sounds like you really care a lot!

Is it me our is this pansy liberal jackass talkin to itself??

As for these sea creatures I revere them just as I do Sea Turtles (I hate the Kemp Ridley) I love to watch em swim with the potatos and onions

You got off your ass, now get your wife off her back.

Offline ReardenSteel

Re: BOBO The Idiot on Manatee Crusade
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2008, 06:23:29 PM »
I think I'm starting to see how other than they being unemployable rack up their post

As for these sea creatures I revere them just as I do Sea Turtles (I hate the Kemp Ridley) I love to watch em swim with the potatos and onions

Yeah but Sea Cow milk taste terrible.  :p
"When you see that trading is done, not by consent, but by compulsion - when you see that in order to produce, you need to obtain permission from men who produce nothing - when you see that money is flowing to those who deal, not in goods, but in favors - when you see that men get richer by graft and by pull than by work, and your laws don't protect you against them, but protect them against you - when you see corruption being rewarded and honesty becoming a self-sacrifice - you may know that your society is doomed."

- Ayn Rand
http://www.capmag.com/article.asp?ID=1826

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2008, 06:40:24 PM »

Yeah but Sea Cow milk taste terrible.  :p

That certainly raises the question: how do you know that?  ;)
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2008, 07:29:40 PM »
QuestionAll  (1000+ posts)      Thu Jan-24-08 04:57 PM
3. "proposed military base in japan"?
 instead of building still MORE overseas military installations- we should be bringing virtually ALL of our armed forces stationed overseas HOME, and shrinking the size of the Dept. of War Defense, if we want to have any hope of salvaging our economy.
And yet when Rumsfeld tried to realign our deployments into more sensible configurations the libs squealed like sodomized pigs.

BTW - Why do animals get due process rights?
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline asdf2231

• would like to cordially invite you to the pants party!
  • VRWC Arts And Crafts Director
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2008, 08:07:17 PM »

Had to be done...

Build a man a fire and he will be warm for awhile.
Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life...

Online Crazy Horse

• Army 0 Navy 34
  • Topic Moderator
  • Sex, Booze and Bacon Minion
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2008, 12:02:24 PM »
Ahhh....................speechless

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x3156318

Bonobo (1000+ posts)      Fri Jan-25-08 11:11 AM
Original message
U.S. Airbase in Okinawa Dugong Habitat on Hold
 Source: Environment News Service

SAN FRANCISCO, California, January 24, 2008 (ENS) - The seagrass habitat of the endangered Okinawa dugong is safe from the U.S. Department of Defense, at least for the next 90 days. The sea mammal, cousin to the Florida manatee, will continue to swim in Henoko Bay off the Japanese island of Okinawa in the place where the United States plans to build an airbase.

A federal judge in San Francisco Wednesday ruled that the Department of Defense, DOD, is in violation of the National Historic Preservation Act for failing to consider the impacts of a new airbase on the dugong in order to avoid or mitigate any harm.

The dugong is significant in Okinawan culture. It is associated with traditional Okinawan creation mythology, and is sometimes considered to be the progenitor of the local people. Because of its cultural significance, the dugong is listed as a protected "natural monument" on the Japanese Register of Cultural Properties.

The lawsuit was brought by three individual Japanese citizens, six American and Japanese environmental associations, and the Okinawa dugong, which is listed as a plaintiff in court documents

The sea cow is a plaintiff  :rotf:
You got off your ass, now get your wife off her back.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2008, 04:03:52 PM »
As testy as the Japanese have been about basing issues over the past couple of decades, I'm having a really hard time believing they give a rat's ass about this critter.  Or possibly they do, and don't see this plan as actually affecting it in any way that matters.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.