Author Topic: The thing to understand about the National Enquirer...  (Read 93 times)

Offline CC27

Tommy Carcetti (43,172 posts)

The thing to understand about the National Enquirer...
…is you didn’t have to buy it to read it.

You didn’t even have to consider buying it to read it.

All you had to do was stand in the grocery store checkout aisle and there it was, with pictures and big headlines promising huge exclusive stories.

So even if you were just standing there, the chances it might subliminally affect you are notable.

Hillary Clinton, a crook?

Hillary Clinton, deathly ill?

Donald Trump, the victim of a set up?

All of these things could be communicated without even an actual word being said.

And given the margin in the swing states in 2016, the subliminal impact of tabloid headlines on possible voters was much more substantial than you or I might want to admit.

ON EDIT: What Trump sought to use the Enquirer for as free advertising and disinformation was the same as what the Russians did for him with social media. Two different types of media but same intended result.

https://www.democraticunderground.com/100218889602

BLAH BLAH BLAH

Offline Old n Grumpy

Re: The thing to understand about the National Enquirer...
« Reply #1 on: Today at 02:11:05 PM »
Tommy Carcetti (43,172 posts)

The thing to understand about the National Enquirer...
…is you didn’t have to buy it to read it. you can steal it

You didn’t even have to consider buying it to read it. you just put your hand on the cover and absorb it

All you had to do was stand in the grocery store checkout aisle and there it was, with pictures and big headlines promising huge exclusive stories.

So even if you were just standing there, the chances it might subliminally affect you are notable. only if you are a low IQ dummy who’s brainwashed and can only listen to the party lines.

Hillary Clinton, a crook?  most definitely and a liar.

Hillary Clinton, deathly ill? we should be so lucky

Donald Trump, the victim of a set up? most definitely, the left is deathly afraid he will get elected again and spoil their plans to destroy America  :thatsright:
« Last Edit: Today at 06:00:14 PM by Old n Grumpy »
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline ADsOutburst

« Reply #2 on: Today at 02:55:24 PM »
The thing to understand about the National Enquirer is that whatever help it may have given Trump doesn't begin to rival what other media outlets do to help democrats, explicitly, implicitly, "subliminally", or by whatever method you care to name.

Online Airwolf

« Reply #3 on: Today at 06:10:51 PM »
The National Enquirer? The same paper that featured Bat Boy and Aliens made me pregnant paper? The Dummies are getting so desperate nowadays
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #4 on: Today at 06:11:42 PM »

It is simply fodder for low information people to glance at while they're stuck in a line at the checkout.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender