Author Topic: Kucinich to Introduce Articles of Impeachment Against Bush on Monday, January 28  (Read 3102 times)

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
babylonsister  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Wed Jan-23-08 04:55 PM
Original message
Kucinich to Introduce Articles of Impeachment Against Bush on Monday, January 28, State of Union Day

http://www.afterdowningstreet.org/?q=node/30374

Kucinich to Introduce Articles of Impeachment Against Bush on Monday, January 28, State of Union Day
Submitted by davidswanson on Wed, 2008-01-23 19:56. Congress | Impeachment

Kucinich Starts New Impeachment Drive
By David M. Herszenhorn, New York Times

Representative Dennis J. Kucinich of Ohio may get excluded from Democratic presidential debates, as he has been recently, but no one can deny him the floor in the House.

And today Mr. Kucinich took to the floor to fire off his latest salvo at the Bush administration: his plans to introduce Articles of Impeachment against President Bush on Jan. 28 — the day of Mr. Bush’s State of the Union speech.

Accusing the administration of lying about the need for the war in Iraq, Mr. Kucinich said he did not need to hear the president’s
assessment. “We know the State of the Union,” he declared. “It’s a lie.”

He also fired a volley at House Speaker Nancy Pelosi of California
who has maintained that impeaching Mr. Bush is not on the table for Congressional Democrats. “If impeachment is off the table,” Mr. Kucinich said, “truth is off the table. If truth is off the table
then this body is living a lie.”

Mr. Kucinich introduced Articles of Impeachment against Vice
President Dick Cheney last April and in November, with the surprise help of Republicans seeking to embarrass the Democrats, he nearly succeeded in securing an hour of debate on the House floor. House Democratic leaders blocked that, however, by referring the impeachment effort back to the Judiciary Committee.

Anti-Bush groups have been urging Mr. Kucinich to undertake an
effort to impeach the president.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x2751979

After the shitty day I had I needed a laugh like this.  :rotf: :lmao:
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline Crazy Horse

• Army 0 Navy 34
  • Topic Moderator
  • Sex, Booze and Bacon Minion
See the other 2 threads about this  :rotf:
You got off your ass, now get your wife off her back.

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.

Kiss my redneck ass you neo con.  :tongue:
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline Crazy Horse

• Army 0 Navy 34
  • Topic Moderator
  • Sex, Booze and Bacon Minion

That wouldn't be acceptable if you just had the Moral Clarity
You got off your ass, now get your wife off her back.

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.

That wouldn't be acceptable if you just had the Moral Clarity

:-)

Offline Happy Fun Ball

BOOOSH IS TOAST!!!@!112

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator

Well now, the primitives can get repetitious at times.

Right now, there's three front-page campfires about an obscure moonbat congressman from New York.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Lauri

we have a first timer senator here in wa. state submitting articles of impeachment as well..

shocked... shocked i tell you  :mental:

Offline Lord Undies

A while back, on CU, I asked when others thought the DUmmies may just come to the conclusion the Impeachment Dream is dead.  I predicted by the end of February at the latest.  Some thought at the one-year-to-go mark.  Others thought 'never' was the best guess.

I have come to the conclusion these DUmmies are rabid with foaming ignorance.  'Never' is the best answer.  Their impeachment dream has taken on the characteristics of Elvis worship.  Everyone knows Elvis is dead, but he will never die.       

Offline Lauri

A while back, on CU, I asked when others thought the DUmmies may just come to the conclusion the Impeachment Dream is dead.  I predicted by the end of February at the latest.  Some thought at the one-year-to-go mark.  Others thought 'never' was the best guess.

I have come to the conclusion these DUmmies are rabid with foaming ignorance.  'Never' is the best answer.  Their impeachment dream has taken on the characteristics of Elvis worship.  Everyone knows Elvis is dead, but he will never die.       

well, thats just sad..

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator

well, thats just sad..

Even weirder is their obsession with the Bush family.
President Bush 41 is a decent man and was a decent President but exciting and mysterious he wasn`t yet they have elevated him and the family to some sort of mystical stature that rivals the Chuck Norris jokes.  :mental: