Author Topic: My experience as a prospective juror in a criminal case  (Read 909 times)

Offline CC27

My experience as a prospective juror in a criminal case
« on: April 16, 2024, 07:54:21 AM »
no_hypocrisy (45,995 posts)

My experience as a prospective juror in a criminal case
All prospective jurors were under oath to answer truthfully.

I made the first cut. Educated with three degrees and nine years of college and graduate studies.

Then came the survey. Our present employment. What type of media did we regularly engage in. Including social media.

I answered that I was a defense attorney and I didn't entirely trust police to accurately record what actually happened.

I also put down that I was a devotee of MSNBC and regularly viewed Rachel Maddow, Chris Hayes, Joy Reed, etc. For radio, I listened to WBAI, an independent franchise of Pacifica Radio. I listed one program on it, "On The Count," which is devoted to the rights of convicted inmates.

I was asked if I could listen to this criminal case and remain impartial. I responded that I could.

However, the prosecutors excused me with one of their preemptory challenges. It's their right. My progressive views indicated that I would be a loud voice during deliberations and they just didn't want to take that chance.

So, as far as TSF's team wanting their jury panel to contain just one dissenting voice, it will be difficult. If that one voice lied on his/her survey and his/her "interview" with the judge before being seated, s/he will be removed during deliberations and replaced with an alternate juror. The proverbial fine-tooth comb will be applied to ALL prospects.

https://www.democraticunderground.com/100218867000

BLAH BLAH BLAH

Offline fatboy

• Does this gun make me look fat?
  • skinnier than the average primitive
Re: My experience as a prospective juror in a criminal case
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2024, 08:27:54 AM »
I served on a jury last week for a criminal trial. During the jury selection we were asked several times if we could be objective while hearing LEO testimony. There was video of the entire thing, anyone not vision impaired could clearly see the criminal acts. Still, 2 jurors flat out said during deliberation they hate cops. Perp basically walked on the most serious charges.
"We will bring back our jobs. We will bring back our borders. We will bring back our wealth - and we will bring back our dreams!" -President Donald J. Trump 1/20/17

Offline SVPete

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2024, 09:17:29 AM »
Among the questions asked of prospective jurors was one about the selection process that was designed to exclude or discourage observant Jews (and Muslims) from participating. Prospective jurors were informed that selection hearings would be held on Fridays and could run past sundown. I guess Bragg and the biased judge are afraid observant Jews would have too strong a sense of what constitutes proof and of justice (and maybe that Muslims are indirectly sympathetic to Trump due to being POed at LIEden).
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online Old n Grumpy

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2024, 11:08:47 AM »
However, the prosecutors excused me with one of their preemptory challenges. It's their right. My progressive views indicated that I would be a loud voice during deliberations and they just didn't want to take that chance.

It’s more likely they bumped you because you’re a loudmouth asshole That would second-guess everything the prosecutor had to say.

You also sound like you’re way too proud of yourself with an oversized ego :thatsright:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2024, 12:21:34 PM »
DUmmy "no hypocrisy" has an awfully high opinion of his/her/itself.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2024, 07:34:38 PM »
DUmmy "no hypocrisy" has an awfully high opinion of his/her/itself.

Every last inmate on Skinner's little thorazine dispensary for the Dim'Raticly insane is a friggin' legend in their own minds.

Without exception.
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline DUmpDiver

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2024, 08:06:29 AM »
I also put down that I was a devotee of MSNBC and regularly viewed Rachel Maddow, Chris Hayes, Joy Reed, etc. For radio, I listened to WBAI, an independent franchise of Pacifica Radio. I listed one program on it, "On The Count," which is devoted to the rights of convicted inmates.

I wonder how many buildings this DUmmie torched in BLM riots.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2024, 10:44:46 AM »
The defendants attorneys were glad the prosecutors dismissed him so they could save one of theres in case there was another progressive nut-so (pardon the redundancy) that needed to be shown the door.

« Last Edit: April 17, 2024, 10:09:24 PM by USA4ME »
Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline Tess Anderson

« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2024, 05:37:14 PM »

just call her Saint Aimee:

::)
 :mental:
 :rotf:

Offline CC27

« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2024, 08:44:00 PM »

just call her Saint Aimee:

::)
 :mental:
 :rotf:

Omfg that's gross lmao

Offline Drafe Hoblin

« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2024, 09:01:24 PM »
I answered that I was a defense attorney and I didn't entirely trust police to accurately record what actually happened.

In other words, that self-promoting putz is more of an elitist DUer than lesser elitist Duers are.