Author Topic: Hi, i made it out of ten-post probation...  (Read 1239 times)

Offline CC27

Hi, i made it out of ten-post probation...
« on: April 15, 2024, 07:55:18 AM »
ActRaiser (13 posts)

Hi, i made it out of ten-post probation...
So as the DU bot recommended, I am introducing myself in the Lounge.

I've been reading this site since 2001. I found it while taking a web design course at the Empire State Building back in that summer before the towers fell, and it has since become my go-to for news. I figured I'd finally sign up for it- a mere 23 year delay between inception and execution. Just not a joiner, I guess!

I needed to do this now, since it might become verboten if Trump manages to ooze his way back into power and enact his little idiot dictatorship. My wife and I also joined the League of Women Voters last week and already registered a bunch of kids to vote at our daughter's high school, with a couple more events coming up. A little engagement has made me feel less hopeless.

Anyway, that's a thumbnail sketch of why I'm here. Feels odd to finally be a member after watching this place from afar for so long, but I'm glad I joined!

https://www.democraticunderground.com/10181999751

Mole?

Offline SVPete

Re: Hi, i made it out of ten-post probation...
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2024, 08:58:41 AM »
I needed to do this now, since it might become verboten if Trump manages to ooze his way back into power and enact his little idiot dictatorship. ...

Trump was President for four years. Why would he do differently wrt DU than he did then?
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2024, 09:51:37 AM »
Trump was President for four years. Why would he do differently wrt DU than he did then?

Hunt down each and every one of them, lock them all in a big room and make them watch faux news 24 for the duration of his dictatorship. :lmao: :lmao:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline CollectivismMustDie

• American
  • (D)Ummie nightmare.
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2024, 12:29:39 PM »
Hunt down each and every one of them, lock them all in a big room and make them watch faux news 24 for the duration of his dictatorship. :lmao: :lmao:

While wearing maga hats and chanting 'this is maga country'.

:-)
"Be not intimidated... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your liberties by any pretense of politeness, delicacy, or decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for hypocrisy, chicanery and cowardice." - John Adams

Hillary Clinton will never be the President of the United States.

Offline Drafe Hoblin

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2024, 08:44:09 PM »
I've been reading this site since 2001. I found it while taking a web design course at the Empire State Building back in that summer before the towers fell, and it has since become my go-to for news.

BOINGggggggg

Offline SVPete

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2024, 09:07:45 AM »
I've been reading this site since 2001. I found it while taking a web design course at the Empire State Building back in that summer before the towers fell, and it has since become my go-to for news.

BOINGggggggg

Yeah, while I don't have the means or care to factcheck the claim (s)he was learning to code ( :-) ) in the Empire State Building, I find non-credible the claim that (s)he has used DU as a go-to for news but never gave in to the itch/urge to post there. I don't think "political animals" of whatever POV have that degree of self-control.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.