Author Topic: Why would anyone buy a Trump Bible for $60?  (Read 2688 times)

Offline CC27

Why would anyone buy a Trump Bible for $60?
« on: March 27, 2024, 11:33:11 AM »
PJMcK (21,908 posts)

If you’re a Christian, you probably have at least one or two already. I have 4 or 5, a concordance, two Luther’s Catechisms and a half dozen books on Biblical history. Why would I buy another?

By the way, I’m an atheist.

https://www.democraticunderground.com/100218813384

lives rent free in your head 24/7

Offline SVPete

Re: Why would anyone buy a Trump Bible for $60?
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2024, 12:55:16 PM »
Unsurprisingly DU-folk don't know what the bleep they're talking about. Trump is not selling Bibles. At. All.

Here is the website for the product, https://godblesstheusabible.com/ . The product is endorsed by Trump, and by Lee Greenwood, whose song inspired the name of the product. If one wanders down to the FAQs on the site, one finds:

IS ANY OF THE MONEY FROM THIS BIBLE GOING TO THE DONALD J. TRUMP CAMPAIGN FOR PRESIDENT?
No, GodBlessTheUSABible.com is not political and has nothing to do with any political campaign. GodBlessTheUSABible.com is not owned, managed or controlled by Donald J. Trump, The Trump Organization, CIC Ventures LLC or any of their respective principals or affiliates.

GodBlessTheUSABible.com uses Donald J. Trump’s name, likeness and image under paid license from CIC Ventures LLC, which license may be terminated or revoked according to its terms.

So Trump was paid a license fee for the use of his name and image. Since the Bible has the chorus of the Greenwood song ("handwritten") he probably receives royalties from sales of the product.

Looking through the index of Replies, it isn't until the 33rd that someone posted the truth:

brooklynite (93,796 posts)
33. This isn't a "Trump Bible"
Reply to PJMcK (Original post)
Wed Mar 27, 2024, 12:08 PM
It's a "Lee Greenwood Bible" that Trump is being paid to endorse...

brooklynite douses DU-folks "perfect" stories with cold reality so often it's kind of amazing that he hasn't yet gotten a granite pizza delivery.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2024, 01:00:55 PM by SVPete »
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2024, 03:21:30 PM »

brooklynite douses DU-folks "perfect" stories with cold reality so often it's kind of amazing that he hasn't yet gotten a granite pizza delivery.

The stark cold fact for the primitives is that if they have any hopes of coming in better than third place in the presidential election later this year is that they'd better pay close attention to what brooklynite has to say.

But they won't.

Trump 50%
Kennedy 35%
Biden 15%
« Last Edit: March 27, 2024, 03:25:26 PM by franksolich »
apres moi, le deluge

Offline SVPete

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2024, 03:48:21 PM »
The stark cold fact for the primitives is that if they have any hopes of coming in better than third place in the presidential election later this year is that they'd better pay close attention to what brooklynite has to say.

But they won't.

Trump 50%
Kennedy 35%
Biden 15%

Eco-Leechyer RFK Jr. is polling that high? :o He's probably taking way more votes away from LIEden than from Trump. Some conservatives might like his anti-Covid-vax stance, but when they look at the rest of his record and the Prog-Loon he chose to be his VP candidate, I don't think they'll buy what he's selling.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2024, 07:14:58 PM »
PJMcK (21,908 posts)

[/snip]

Probably because the translation being offered by Mike Robinson's Li'l Bitch comes with the plates of Christ stripped down to his undies on the cross "pre-spooged" on... :puke:
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2024, 02:57:33 PM »
Eco-Leechyer RFK Jr. is polling that high? :o He's probably taking way more votes away from LIEden than from Trump. Some conservatives might like his anti-Covid-vax stance, but when they look at the rest of his record and the Prog-Loon he chose to be his VP candidate, I don't think they'll buy what he's selling.

I find it interesting that who he chose to be VP is a nobody compared to the others that were mentioned. It's good he didn't pick Jesse Ventura, It would have been like picking John Kerry. Aron Rodgers would have the name brand, but would he have made a difference? Well as long as he pulls the really far left away from Spongebrains Shitmypants and cost him the election It's all good.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline SVPete

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2024, 05:04:00 PM »
I find it interesting that who he chose to be VP is a nobody compared to the others that were mentioned. It's good he didn't pick Jesse Ventura, It would have been like picking John Kerry. Aron Rodgers would have the name brand, but would he have made a difference? Well as long as he pulls the really far left away from Spongebrains Shitmypants and cost him the election It's all good.

Well Nicole Shanahan is a 38YO divorcee, and apparently RFK Jr. has the Kennedy zipper-control, ummmm, issues. Maybe he has the hots for her.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2024, 06:38:53 PM »
apres moi, le deluge