Author Topic: my united healthcare (medigap) has removed flovent from formulary.  (Read 2089 times)

Offline CC27

mopinko (69,799 posts)

my united healthcare (medigap) has removed flovent from formulary.
it’s 1 of the top prescription drugs out there, esp for seniors. treats asthma and copd. it’s been targeted for price controls. i’m assuming they’re doing this to get ahead of that, tho i’m not sure how this helps them.
w/o ins, it’s up to $270. had to pay out of pocket a few yrs ago, and it was $250. the actual drug, fluticisone is what’s in flonase nasal spray, which u can get, otc, as a generic for $20, for a larger volume. obviously just gouging. they approved another brand that i assume is the same.

they were fine w trelegy. dont know what the retail is, but it was a $50 co-pay, as opposed to $20 for most name brand. generics r $10, sometimes free, even.

i hope what they give me works. i assume there’s a good rx or some such w a decent price.
but jebus. how do u boot 1 of the most prescribed drugs in america?

https://www.democraticunderground.com/100218813483

What a whack job

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
Re: my united healthcare (medigap) has removed flovent from formulary.
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2024, 08:27:27 AM »
Have primitives not figured out that gov’t run healthcare and the related supplemental insurance rations both care and medications? Have they figured out that if we had single-payer/universal healthcare that it would be rationed even more heavily than it is now?

I would have to say they haven’t.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2024, 10:17:17 AM »
What mopsie is ignorant of or withheld from her post:

Flovent asthma inhalers pulled from shelves and replaced with generic Jan. 1

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/health/2024/01/02/flovent-inhaler-discontinued-generic-replacements-available/72057813007/

One of the most widely-used asthma and breathing treatments for over 20 years is being taken off the shelves in 2024, potentially leaving patients, healthcare providers and insurers scrambling.

Pharmaceutical manufacturer GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) announced that as of Jan. 1 it would no longer produce the asthma inhaler Flovent, one of the most popular preventive and maintenance treatments for asthma and pediatric asthma for decades.

The company will instead produce authorized generic versions of the inhalers, which it said will look and work the same but will simply not be branded with the Flovent name.

While GSK said the decision was made to offer a "potentially lower cost alternative" to patients who rely on the medication ...

I found this using the super-sophisticated search phrase, "flovent generic". If GSK will be re-badging generics then generics are available on the market. Did DU-folk do the minute of "research" to point this out to mopsie or did they go full-anti-corporation? Or both?

Grammar correction
« Last Edit: March 27, 2024, 01:09:40 PM by SVPete »
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online CollectivismMustDie

• American
  • (D)Ummie nightmare.
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2024, 12:23:19 PM »
Just put on another mask...that will cure everything.
"Be not intimidated... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your liberties by any pretense of politeness, delicacy, or decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for hypocrisy, chicanery and cowardice." - John Adams

Hillary Clinton will never be the President of the United States.

Online DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2024, 07:10:02 PM »

No; that's not eco-friendly enough for a DUmmy. Try this instead...

"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline 67 Rover

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2024, 08:31:03 PM »
A trip to Canada to be euthanized also works 100% of the time for curing asthma, COPD and liberalism.
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer