Author Topic: One small data point in my red town in  (Read 1351 times)

Offline CC27

One small data point in my red town in
« on: March 26, 2024, 07:48:42 AM »
Bettie (15,989 posts)

One small data point in my red town in
a red county in Iowa.

Today, I was looking at Facebook...yes, I use Facebook, now that we're past that, there was a post on one of the forums for people in our town.

It is filled, usually, with right wing bullshit. ETA: It is also the spot for local information, so that's why I go there.

Today, there was a post about SNAP and people not getting it.

I read it and was ready to see the right wingers get all exercised about SNAP even existing.

I was shocked. There was one guy who is always an assclown and he was at his baseline, but the rest....white, conservative men, talking about how the governor is at fault for this and how our Republican congress person (Hinson) won't help at all. It devolved into a discussion (with people I know are Republicans) talking about how we need to change course and maybe consider voting for Democrats.

Just one data point. Just a discussion, but I think it's a tiny little light at the end of a very dark tunnel.

https://www.democraticunderground.com/100218810148

WTF??

Online Old n Grumpy

Re: One small data point in my red town in
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2024, 08:20:16 AM »
Just one data point. Just a discussion, but I think it's a tiny little light at the end of a very dark tunnel.

That light at the end of the tunnel is the choo-choo train, getting ready to run all over! :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline SVPete

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2024, 09:34:32 AM »
WTF??

More accurately, WT Fictional F. This happened in Bettie's :stoner: or bottle of Thunderbird.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Tess Anderson

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2024, 07:20:56 PM »
I wonder what your neighbors in Belle Plaine would say if they really know what you thought about them, "Bettie"?

they already know you're a big fat blue blob in that red town.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2024, 06:02:17 AM »
I wonder what your neighbors in Belle Plaine would say if they really know what you thought about them, "Bettie"?

:rofl:

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline SVPete

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2024, 10:01:57 AM »

A blue cetacean.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline jukin

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2024, 05:25:52 PM »
AND then a giant SNAP jumped out of the bushes.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.