Author Topic: Florida Furries Stymied by Child Protection Law, Make Convention 18+  (Read 237 times)

Offline SVPete

Florida Furries Stymied by Child Protection Law, Make Convention 18+

https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/athena-thorne/2023/05/30/florida-furries-stymied-by-child-protection-law-make-convention-18-n1699138

Florida’s recently passed “Protection of Children Act” (SB 1438) has been fantastic at flushing out sexually divergent groups that want to expose minors to indecent live performances. When faced with possible consequences for corrupting innocent kids with explicit live performances, fancy-sex clubs have to make choices that expose the nature of what they had planned to do.
Now another kinky group that pretends to be pure as the wind-driven snow where kids are concerned and only focused on helping them express themselves through a fun hobby has thrown the young ‘uns under the bus.

Megaplex is a furry convention that is held annually at the Orlando Hyatt Regency. FurryCons.com provides background:
Sounds innocent enough. In fact, furries bridle at suggestions that their hobby is centered around a sexual kink. But this year, the con will be different. In a Wednesday statement, Megaplex’s organizers announced with heavy hearts:

After reviewing Florida SB 1438 it has been decided that for legal reasons and protection of our attendees, our venue, and the overall convention, Megaplex 2023 attendees must be 18 years of age at the time of registration pickup. Megaplex has welcomed younger fandom members and their families since its inception and making this change was very difficult. … It is our hope that this change is temporary and that we can welcome members of all ages back next year.

If "Megaplex" has to ensure attendees are 18YO or older, that tells one what kind of activities are included in the convention.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Old n Grumpy

Adults chose to cancel an event because they would not get to expose children to the sight of adults performing lewd acts in public.

This says it all!

I wonder what happened to the laws against performing lewd acts in public and in front of children.
I guess it’s more important to please the perverts than to protect the public and the children  :thatsright:
« Last Edit: May 31, 2023, 05:55:50 AM by Old n Grumpy »
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!