Author Topic: Why the press is more disliked than used car salesmen or Nigerian Emailers.  (Read 2104 times)

Offline Baruch Menachem

• In a handbasket, heading to a warm destination
  • do the best you can with what you can
As the lawyers say..... Res Ipsa Loquitor

Palin = Reese Witherspoon ?
Within moments of each other, kos (of Daily Kos), Keith Olbermann (on MSNBC) and Andrew Sullivan (from England) each referred to Palin as Tracy Flick, the obnoxious phony pushy character played by Reese Witherspoon in the film "Election".

Did they each simultaneously come up with this bon mot? or, were they each reading from an Obama post speech email release / spin sheet?

And, had pro McCain pundits compared Obama to a movie character played by Eddie Murphy or Denzel Washington, what would that be called?

Once more, according to TeamObama, racism bad, sexism good.
Something I found on NRO
An optimist sees the glass as half full, a pessimist sees the glass as half empty, an engineer sees that there is twice the glass required to contain the beer

My name is Obamandias, King of Kings, 
  Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!

Offline SaintLouieWoman

Re: Why the press is more disliked than used car salesmen or Nigerian Emailers.
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2008, 08:52:31 AM »
Interesting comments. And they're too similar and coordinated to be a coincidence. Glad Keith Olbermann got his smack down by MSNBC. Everyone is entitled to their views, but don't think anchors should be ramming their particular biases down the collective throats of their audience. There are too many dumbie voters out there who listen.

But I think we're improving. There seems to be a rebellion building against those libs.

Offline MrsSmith

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2008, 06:04:31 PM »
the press is more disliked than used car salesmen...

Just curious if this was a backhand slam at Biden, since his daddy did this...and probably taught his son all about "respecting" the "suckers."  :fuelfire:

Antifa - the only fascists in America today.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2008, 03:11:34 PM »
Interesting comments. And they're too similar and coordinated to be a coincidence. Glad Keith Olbermann got his smack down by MSNBC. Everyone is entitled to their views, but don't think anchors should be ramming their particular biases down the collective throats of their audience. There are too many dumbie voters out there who listen.

But I think we're improving. There seems to be a rebellion building against those libs.

I suspect NBC was looking for an excuse to put Keef in his place with his money and control demands, without having to tell him "Forget it" in an honest way.  I don't think their management honestly cares about the fairness issue, or if they do, it is entirely secondary to the opportunity to put a check on his damaging ego and selfish ambition.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline Wretched Excess

• Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happy Hour
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2008, 03:20:18 PM »

olbermann has been fired by MSNBC once already.  he's probably not too many on-air rants away from his second pick slip.  especially soince rachel madcow is the darling of the moonbat left;  olbermann is now old news like his pal obama.

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2008, 11:40:10 AM »
I know a lot of lawyers myself and I can find one hundred honest lawyers and not find one honest journalist.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du