Author Topic: Can we talk honestly about guns???  (Read 822 times)

Online CC27

Can we talk honestly about guns???
« on: November 29, 2022, 10:49:17 AM »
Peacetrain (22,119 posts)

I was raised with guns.. My Dad hunted and always kept a handgun.. I am not afraid of them.. but trust me, I do not want to see anyone walking into my local grocery with a gun strapped to their leg or shoulder..

The only reason a person would do that is because they are afraid.. and fearful people can be very dangerous.

Also, I am of an age, that I have seen and listened to this nonsense put out by the right about their rights being abridged if they are forced to register their guns..

Excuse me all to pieces but the more guns we have the more shootings we have had.. Hello you right wing nutters.. 50 years ago we were not having mass shooting's basically every few days.. but since people started listening to your nonsense, thousands have lost their lives and mobility to bullets fired..

Things have not gotten better, by a good guy carrying a gun.. Things have gotten worse.. My grand nieces and nephews have to go through drills about people coming in to shoot them the way we have to go through drills about nuclear attacks.. the difference.. the shooters have actually attacked schools.. we just sat under our desks..

Oh and you NRA lovers.. the NRA used to be opposed to weapons of mass destruction being so easily attained by the average person.. Not until they started taking money and directions from the Russians.. and our citizens no longer felt safe and armed themselves out of fear..

Nikita Khrushchev once said to a group of diplomats.. " we will bury you".. well they certainly have buried thousands with the help of the Republican Party and its affiliates..

I know that may sound harsh.. but it is the truth..

https://www.democraticunderground.com/100217418543

Your point to this babbling BS?

Offline Muddling 2

Re: Can we talk honestly about guns???
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2022, 11:09:38 AM »
Your point to this babbling BS?

Just an excuse to trot out the usual debunked Lefty talking points:

1 - Gun owners are "Skeered"

2 - "grew up around guns" = I know what guns people should have and who should be permitted to own them.

3 - "Weapons of Mass Destruction" bullshit.

You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once.
Robert A. Heinlein

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2022, 11:30:12 AM »

With you?

NO.
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2022, 12:00:40 PM »

Can we talk honestly about guns??

"Honestly"? Seriously? How is broad-brooming concealed and open carriers as "afraid", "fearful", and "very dangerous" not dishonest?

"Honestly"? Seriously? How is blaming mass shootings on "right wing nutters" when in reality the vast majority of shootings are perpetrated by people with criminal records and mentally ill people not dishonest?

"Honestly"? Seriously? How is denying the many occasions when mass shootings were stopped or prevented by a "good guy carrying a gun" not dishonest?

"Honestly"? Seriously? How is claiming Nikita Sergeivich's famous quote refers to guns not dishonest?

Liars and slanderers such as DUmmie Peacetrain preclude honest discussion.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2022, 02:34:08 PM »
Liberals are completely incapable of talking honestly about guns... or anything else for that matter.
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.

Offline ADsOutburst

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2022, 02:35:34 PM »
What a load of horseshit mental gymnastics!

People didn't just start carrying guns yesterday. Mass shootings didn't start with "right-wing nonsense". People who legally open carry aren't responsible for violence because they are "scared".

It's a bunch of suppositions and false causation.

Offline 67 Rover

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2022, 03:04:22 PM »

Possibly, let's start with your definition of "assault rifle" and I will give you my answer.  ::)
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2022, 03:07:26 PM »

Probably not. Any claim you DUmbshits might make to "honesty" would have to survive the Coach's countervailing axiom:
DUmmies lie. All the time; DUmmies lie.
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline jukin

« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2022, 04:37:53 PM »
You are an ignorant lying DUmbass Duchebag, you can't talk honestly about anything at all.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline CollectivismMustDie

• American
  • (D)Ummie nightmare.
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2022, 04:45:37 PM »

You assclowns can't talk honestly about anything.

"Be not intimidated... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your liberties by any pretense of politeness, delicacy, or decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for hypocrisy, chicanery and cowardice." - John Adams

Hillary Clinton will never be the President of the United States.

Offline DUmpDiver

« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2022, 04:52:06 PM »
Oh and you NRA lovers.. the NRA used to be opposed to weapons of mass destruction being so easily attained by the average person.. Not until they started taking money and directions from the Russians.. and our citizens no longer felt safe and armed themselves out of fear..

I knew it!  It's Russia, Russia, Russia! :rotf:

Just think of how much power and money Putin gets every time there's a school shooting.

Offline landofconfusion80

« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2022, 04:57:48 PM »
My wife is a concealed carry holder. Has a 9mm ruger too. Mh oldest daughter started carrying a .22lr heritage 6 shooter after a major problem with a terrible neighbor. They don't carry because they're scared. They carry because they're now empowered. They've learned to shoot and shoot well. It's a big scary world out there and those guns have given them an even playing field
One Who Grows (244 posts)
20. absolute bullshit. the cave is unspeakably vile.

I don't know how any of you can live with yourselves.

:)

Offline ADsOutburst

« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2022, 05:26:33 PM »
You assclowns can't talk honestly about anything.

Nope. they can't talk honestly about guns, just as they can't be honest about why people are suspicious of our election system.

Offline Dblhaul

« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2022, 10:21:20 PM »

With a DUmmie? no.

Offline RuralNc

« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2022, 12:28:05 PM »
róisín_dubh (11,598 posts)

36. So well said

and much of that is the same for me (first bit especially).

I hate guns and I'm fortunate to live in a country where they're extremely uncommon (though I did get mugged the other night, I wasn't shot...)

:yawn:

Offline CollectivismMustDie

• American
  • (D)Ummie nightmare.
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2022, 12:43:52 PM »
Fixed it:

I hate guns and I'm fortunate to live in a country where they're extremely uncommon (though I did get mugged the other night, and I still vote D in US elections, I wasn't shot...)

"Be not intimidated... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your liberties by any pretense of politeness, delicacy, or decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for hypocrisy, chicanery and cowardice." - John Adams

Hillary Clinton will never be the President of the United States.

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2022, 03:39:58 PM »
How about we talk honestly about putting away criminals.
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!