Author Topic: Dems need to make this very clear....  (Read 607 times)

Offline RuralNc

Dems need to make this very clear....
« on: August 06, 2022, 01:05:50 PM »
https://democraticunderground.com/100217006119

Samrob (1,939 posts)

Dems need to make this very clear. GOP not just banning abortions. They are coming for birth control

This needs to be a huge part of the messaging with examples and citations.

So. Does this Muppet provide any proof or links? Of course not. Not their job. Thats for someone else. This Muppet clearly just wants to be in charge of the messaging. Or something.

Aviation Pro (10,142 posts)

1. What I like is the way the narrative has changed

From pro life to forced birth.

Hey DUmbass, remember when Abortion was supposed to be "rare". Yall want them available at every 7-11. I like how that narrative has changed!

Mister Ed (4,692 posts)

2. And there's no reason to think they'd stop at birth control, either.

Take a look back through history, or a look around the world in modern times, to see how far religious extremists will go in their cruel quest for control over women.

Revocation of the rights to drive, to own property, to appear in public without a male chaperone? Sure. Mandatory wearing of the burqa? We got it. The indescribable horror of female genital mutilation? All too real for women in some places today.

These extremes can't be mentioned as a part of party messaging, because to Americans today they seem so unlikely as to be absurd. But they should be born in the back of the mind. We must never allow even a single step down the road that leads in that direction. Not a single step.

So, Islam. Lets call it what it is. Its part of Islam. Why not just say that DUmmy? Considering the Islam Faith goes against every tenet of the Christian Faith, I dont think women in this country have anything to worry about.

JHB (35,413 posts)

8. And other things that they talk about but were in the "Oh, they won't actually DO that" category

Like ending Social Security and Medicare.

If they see an opportunity, they'll do it, like they did with Roe, like they're after with contraception.

So, much like your buddy up top, got any links? Or is this or DUmp fantasty land?

Offline SVPete

Re: Dems need to make this very clear....
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2022, 01:35:30 PM »
Samrob (1,939 posts)

Dems need to make this very clear. GOP not just banning abortions. They are coming for birth control

This needs to be a huge part of the messaging with examples and citations.

Yes! :tongue: Please!! :tongue: Claim this in every Dem political ad down to ads for Junior Assistant Dogcatcher!!! :tongue: Make it one of the foremost planks in the Dem Party's 2024 Party Platform!!!! :tongue:  :tongue:  :tongue:  :tongue:  :tongue:
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2022, 01:37:39 PM »
I thought the libs thought the slippery slope concept was a lie. When the argument was made that allowing same-sex marriage would lead to all sorts of evils they denied that would ever happen. Now that the expected evils are being legalized or decriminalized seem to have forgotten their previous stance.
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.

Offline jukin

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2022, 01:42:11 PM »
I thought the libs thought the slippery slope concept was a lie. When the argument was made that allowing same-sex marriage would lead to all sorts of evils they denied that would ever happen. Now that the expected evils are being legalized or decriminalized seem to have forgotten their previous stance.

Well you see.... IT'S DIFFERENT WHEN LEFTISTS DO IT!!!
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2022, 01:59:02 PM »
Revocation of the rights to drive, to own property, to appear in public without a male chaperone? Sure. Mandatory wearing of the burqa? We got it. The indescribable horror of female genital mutilation? All too real for women in some places today

You can thank your muslim friends for that :loser:

When the argument was made that allowing same-sex marriage would lead to all sorts of evils they denied that would ever happen.

I think it's called the trans gender movement. :thatsright:

They are coming for birth control

Where did you see that? :mental:

Revocation of the rights to drive, to own property, to appear in public without a male chaperone? Sure. Mandatory wearing of the burqa? We got it. The indescribable horror of female genital mutilation

I think that's how your arab friends treat women. :thatsright:

Like ending Social Security and Medicare.

Another not going to happen left wing lie / scare tactic. :thatsright:

Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline landofconfusion80

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2022, 04:29:41 PM »

Another not going to happen left wing lie / scare tactic. :thatsright:
My ideal solution to those things would be some sort of opt out provision. Make those programs voluntary and if you can find a better way to fund your needs, you shouldn't be penalized like you are now with a smaller paycheck
One Who Grows (244 posts)
20. absolute bullshit. the cave is unspeakably vile.

I don't know how any of you can live with yourselves.

:)

Offline RuralNc

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2022, 05:01:12 PM »
My ideal solution to those things would be some sort of opt out provision. Make those programs voluntary and if you can find a better way to fund your needs, you shouldn't be penalized like you are now with a smaller paycheck

Funny you mention that. Wasnt it someone in the Democrat party who proposed an alternative to Social Security?

Cant remember who it was now. Ohh.. and it wasnt voluntary. But for sure, it was a "better plan" then Social Security!  :hyper:

Offline ADsOutburst

« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2022, 05:28:07 PM »
Oh look, another "Democrats need to use the same strategy they always use" thread.

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2022, 06:15:55 PM »
I hear black churches are gonna burn as well. Damn Republicans.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline DUmpDiver

« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2022, 11:51:50 PM »

But that would incorporate the Dems' biggest anathema- personal responsibility.

Offline CollectivismMustDie

• American
  • (D)Ummie nightmare.
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2022, 12:49:40 AM »
I hear black churches are gonna burn as well. Damn Republicans.
Are you kidding? Interracial marriage is next. Thomas and his cronies can't wait to outlaw it.

:lmao:
"Be not intimidated... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your liberties by any pretense of politeness, delicacy, or decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for hypocrisy, chicanery and cowardice." - John Adams

Hillary Clinton will never be the President of the United States.

Offline ExGeeEye

• We don't need another
  • Spread the work ethic; the wealth will follow.
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2022, 06:31:55 AM »
I'm waiting for them to come out and say that we want SCOTUS to rule that the Second Amendment means we can gun down [identity group of the day] in the streets with impunity.

And then use our natural reaction of scoffing "no way, lay off the crack" as confirmation.
My CCW permit was issued in 1791.

Charter Member: Vast Right-Wing Conspiracy
Associate Member: Basket of Deplorables
Charter Member: Listless Vessels