Author Topic: Suggestions  (Read 51287 times)

Offline WinOne4TheGipper

• Enemy of DU
Re: Suggestions
« Reply #75 on: January 10, 2008, 12:05:34 PM »
One minor request..... should you start a recipe forum, please do NOT say:

What is cooking that is good

That was the one thing that bugged me no end at CU.

That and the fact that I donated my $40 and never got access to the dungeon or any of the other goodies promised me.

What was in that dungeon, anyway?

Um, just threads about long-time members who didn't have access.  :-)

Okay, spill the beans.  What'd you say about me? :drama:
“Sometimes the curses of the godless sound better than the hallelujahs of the pious.”

Martin Luther

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #76 on: January 10, 2008, 05:10:50 PM »
If you still want another forum for non-DUmpster items...i.e. other stories about liberals, since we already have a thread called "Breaking News" why not call the other one "Breaking Wind".   :rotf:
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #77 on: January 10, 2008, 05:37:16 PM »
Can we increase the number of visible replies on a single page?  I think the default is set to 20 right now but I would like to be able to customize it.  I prefer the longer pages (100 posts per page).

How about 50?  That's the posts per page number on FR and I always thought CU's 15 PPP was a bit inconvenient (not that I'm criticizing them, I'm still a member there and I'm not planning on quitting :kumbaya:)
You can change that in User CP.  The max number is 100.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #78 on: January 10, 2008, 05:42:37 PM »
I keep hitting the "Go Down" link and... nothing.  Not even a hand...

;)

Offline ccs178

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #79 on: January 10, 2008, 07:04:17 PM »
Name Suggestion:

Conservative Convocation :cheersmate:

Offline Schadenfreude

« Reply #80 on: January 10, 2008, 10:28:17 PM »
I keep hitting the "Go Down" link and... nothing.  Not even a hand...

;)

Weird... everytime you press that button, I ..... well nevermind.  :-)
“Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.â€

Offline asdf2231

• would like to cordially invite you to the pants party!
  • VRWC Arts And Crafts Director
« Reply #81 on: January 11, 2008, 12:46:05 AM »
Can we increase the number of visible replies on a single page?  I think the default is set to 20 right now but I would like to be able to customize it.  I prefer the longer pages (100 posts per page).

How about 50?  That's the posts per page number on FR and I always thought CU's 15 PPP was a bit inconvenient (not that I'm criticizing them, I'm still a member there and I'm not planning on quitting :kumbaya:)

I'm a tard then because I looked all over my account settings and couldn't find that anywhere.

Build a man a fire and he will be warm for awhile.
Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life...

Offline Chris_

« Reply #82 on: January 11, 2008, 10:07:00 AM »
I'm a tard then.......

heh...

Offline Chris_

« Reply #83 on: January 13, 2008, 08:03:51 PM »

I'm a tard then because I looked all over my account settings and couldn't find that anywhere.
You can do it at CU.  There's no option for that here.   :(

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #84 on: January 16, 2008, 07:09:10 PM »
I have to thank whoever it was, who changed things so that the font in a quote is the same size as this regular font.

I have good eyes, but it never turned me on, reading the tiny print inside of quotes.

One should take note that after this was done, posting in the forum dedicated to the primitives on Skins's island increased, and rules were followed better.

I think it's because nobody really cared much for the tiny font.

Now, as a name, how about "conservativesunited"?

We have to keep that in mind for November 2008; only primitives think they can have the whole loaf (and therefore end up with only a crust), and in real life, if one gets 33-50% of what he wants, he's doing good; in fact, he's doing great.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #85 on: January 16, 2008, 08:33:39 PM »
I have to thank whoever it was, who changed things so that the font in a quote is the same size as this regular font.

I have good eyes, but it never turned me on, reading the tiny print inside of quotes.

One should take note that after this was done, posting in the forum dedicated to the primitives on Skins's island increased, and rules were followed better.

I think it's because nobody really cared much for the tiny font.

Now, as a name, how about "conservativesunited"?

We have to keep that in mind for November 2008; only primitives think they can have the whole loaf (and therefore end up with only a crust), and in real life, if one gets 33-50% of what he wants, he's doing good; in fact, he's doing great.

That would be Rob (Thor) that changed the font. As for Conservativesunited, I think it's already taken at Network Solutions.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site