Author Topic: Suggestions  (Read 61705 times)

Offline Thor

• General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!
  • In Memoriam
  • Native Texan & US Navy (ret)
Re: Suggestions
« Reply #50 on: January 03, 2008, 05:51:46 PM »
Ohh, and I completely forgot about Texas Pride beer.......
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

I AM your General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson

Offline RightCoast

• Semper Fi means more than most will ever know
« Reply #51 on: January 03, 2008, 11:31:29 PM »
It may be necessary to limit newbie's ability to post pics and links for X number of posts once we get an honorable mention over at the DUmp.  They're probably already lurking.   Hey DUmmies... :bigbird:

Good point.

Dude, we so need the smiley poking the poop with the stick.
nine eleven is a car
nine one one is an emergency service
September 11, 2001 was an attack
Never Forget, or Minimize.

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #52 on: January 03, 2008, 11:41:14 PM »

It will be done.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline RightCoast

« Reply #53 on: January 03, 2008, 11:45:08 PM »

It will be done.

cool
nine eleven is a car

Offline HACKSAW

« Reply #54 on: January 03, 2008, 11:50:17 PM »
Liberals are like Slinkies...

Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #55 on: January 03, 2008, 11:55:51 PM »

:bow2:   :admin:

All hail the Admin!

:lmao:  You'll see, I'm a little different than other Admins you've come across.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #56 on: January 04, 2008, 12:00:09 AM »

Gonna find it for you tomorrow. It's not on either of my other sites. If you have a link to one, that would be great.

Offline RightCoast

« Reply #57 on: January 04, 2008, 12:01:22 AM »

:bow2:   :admin:

All hail the Admin!

:lmao:  You'll see, I'm a little different than other Admins you've come across.

You'll see alright Hugo here was schooling me about George HW Bush personally planted the charges that took down the USS Liberty.     :uhsure:
nine eleven is a car

Offline lastparker

« Reply #58 on: January 04, 2008, 02:59:54 PM »
One minor request..... should you start a recipe forum, please do NOT say:

What is cooking that is good

That was the one thing that bugged me no end at CU.

That and the fact that I donated my $40 and never got access to the dungeon or any of the other goodies promised me.

What was in that dungeon, anyway?
Cursing is the crutch of the inarticulate mother****er, DUmmies.   -NHSparky

Deadbeats eating mushroom duxelles and dandelion salad with a shallot vinaigrette are still deadbeats.    -GOBUCKS

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #59 on: January 04, 2008, 03:04:28 PM »

That and the fact that I donated my $40 and never got access to the dungeon or any of the other goodies promised me.

You want a recipe forum? If so, you get to name it.  :-)

Offline Splashdown

• Out of 9 lives, I spent 7
« Reply #60 on: January 04, 2008, 03:10:52 PM »

Um, just threads about long-time members who didn't have access.  :-)
Let nothing trouble you,
Let nothing frighten you. 
All things are passing;
God never changes.
Patience attains all that it strives for.
He who has God lacks nothing:
God alone suffices.
--St. Theresa of Avila

"No crushed ice; no peas." -- Undies

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #61 on: January 04, 2008, 03:12:50 PM »

I experienced the same problem after donating to CU.  It was like I didn't exist.  I did some inquiring and still didn't get  satisfactory recognition until I PM'ed Rob/gator.  I got some action when I said, "Someone got my money, and if it wasn't you, I want to find out who did."    

People are busy, and things get lost in the shuffle.  I didn't make a big deal out of it.   Since you donated, ask for some sort of acknowledgment the money was received.  You are due that much.

BTW, the Dungeon is the forum to go to talk and not be heard by the riffraff.  Maybe your name came up?   :lmao:  

Offline lastparker

« Reply #62 on: January 04, 2008, 03:32:55 PM »
Um, just threads about long-time members who didn't have access.
Posted on: Today at 04:10:52 PMPosted by: Splshdown

BTW, the Dungeon is the forum to go to talk and not be heard by the riffraff.  Maybe your name came up?
Posted on: Today at 04:12:50 PMPosted by: Lord Undies

HMPH!!!!  I demand that someone go over there and tell me what trashing I received!!! :argh:

Oh well, if rob really is gator, it all makes sense.  I probably showed sympathy toward a jew once.  :-)

Deadbeats eating mushroom duxelles and dandelion salad with a shallot vinaigrette are still deadbeats.    -GOBUCKS

Offline LadyLiberty

« Reply #63 on: January 04, 2008, 04:53:27 PM »
Its sounds like you guys got scammed. I generally got ignored too. Glad I didn't pay for it  :rocker2:
"My friends, we live in the greatest nation in the history of the world. I hope you'll join with me to try to change it."

Barack Obama

Offline lastparker

« Reply #64 on: January 04, 2008, 04:59:44 PM »
Its sounds like you guys got scammed. I generally got ignored too. Glad I didn't pay for it  :rocker2:

Good thing I never admitted I'm a smoker!   :banme:

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #65 on: January 04, 2008, 05:00:28 PM »
Doubt it was a scam. Things just get pushed back or priorities change. 

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #66 on: January 04, 2008, 05:02:50 PM »
Doubt it was a scam. Things just get pushed back or priorities change. 
Yeah, Jooooooooo-bashing always came first.   :-)
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #67 on: January 04, 2008, 07:41:54 PM »
Kev.....
Where is the nearest shortbus stop?

btw....Thor was seen wearing a dress.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #68 on: January 04, 2008, 07:45:01 PM »
Kev.....

Oh great, things that fall out of planes are starting to show up.  :-)

Offline Thor

• General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!
  • In Memoriam
  • Native Texan & US Navy (ret)
« Reply #69 on: January 04, 2008, 10:40:12 PM »
Kev.....

That was a cloak, you goofy airborne target !!
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

I AM your General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson

Offline Chris_

« Reply #70 on: January 04, 2008, 10:41:59 PM »
That's Mr LawnDart to you ****ers.

Offline jendf

« Reply #71 on: January 04, 2008, 11:40:56 PM »
I didn't read through this entire thread so I apologize if this has already been suggested.

Over at CU, each forum has the number of viewers in parentheses. Is it possible to add that to CC?

I like to know where all the action is at.  :-)

Offline WinOne4TheGipper

• Enemy of DU
« Reply #72 on: January 09, 2008, 08:00:11 PM »
As this site is in it's EARLY infancy, I will need suggestions as to what you'd like to see. Here are a few categories:

PLEASE REMEMBER, EVERYTHING IS FLUID RIGHT NOW.

1) Categories- Any categories, like the lounge/bar, political, etc.

2) Boards- actual boards that'll be under those categories

3) Child boards- many boards can easily fall under another board by sharing some of the same traits. I.e., like having a military board, with the US Army, US Navy, etc., being child board.

4) Moderation- if anyone has any experience modding, or think you can do the job, throw your name into the ring. Please note, this position also requires a little bit of recruiting as well.

5) New features- Many things I can do, and have done at other sites such as e-Mail, smilies, page layout, colors, etc. You suggest it, and it is a consensus, I'll get it done.....if it can be done.

6) Name suggestions- I'm not really liking the "Conservatives Cave" right now, so if anyone has any suggestions on that, please post them. I'm open.

In summation, "I" know an Admin isn't a board. I also know it takes members and when you start thinking your members don't mean shit, and you're HMFIC that doesn't have to listen to anyone, you limit the growth of your board. It's not about me. It's about the community as a whole. I have added another Admin, Thor. Some of you may see him from time to time on CU. He's my fellow Admin at USMILNET and my right hand, I.e., I die, it's his world dog,  and is known for getting things done. He said he'd help out as much as he can. Thor is retired Navy so when it comes to slamming idiots like TiT, he's also your man.  :evillaugh:

Kevin

EDIT: Another thing, features such as the Shoutbox and all of the categories can be minimized with the click of the mouse. The button for the shoutbox is on the far right, the buttons for the categories are on the far left.

4) I'll help, if you'd like
6)How about "Conservative Corner" (I've got a board with that name, but I don't really use it)?  Freedom Underground (yeah, yeah that's a joke) :-)
“Sometimes the curses of the godless sound better than the hallelujahs of the pious.”

Martin Luther

Offline Chris_

« Reply #73 on: January 09, 2008, 08:07:05 PM »
Can we increase the number of visible replies on a single page?  I think the default is set to 20 right now but I would like to be able to customize it.  I prefer the longer pages (100 posts per page).

Offline WinOne4TheGipper

• Enemy of DU
« Reply #74 on: January 10, 2008, 09:15:11 AM »
Can we increase the number of visible replies on a single page?  I think the default is set to 20 right now but I would like to be able to customize it.  I prefer the longer pages (100 posts per page).

How about 50?  That's the posts per page number on FR and I always thought CU's 15 PPP was a bit inconvenient (not that I'm criticizing them, I'm still a member there and I'm not planning on quitting :kumbaya:)
“Sometimes the curses of the godless sound better than the hallelujahs of the pious.”

Martin Luther