Author Topic: House and Senate predictions.  (Read 1645 times)

Offline Freeper

• Topic Moderator
  • Creepy ass cracker.
House and Senate predictions.
« on: January 22, 2008, 05:48:38 PM »
Most of the focus is on who will get the whitehouse this year. So now I am asking who do you think will take the house and senate and will it be a slim majority or a real majority? I won't do a poll because I want people to answer without being limited to choices.

I am thinking it could either way. People are not impressed with either party right now. And since it is a presidential election year more folks will go to the polls. If the economy improves then I think we will see pretty much the same congress and Senate we have now. If not the GOP might be able to pick up seats in both.

So I am predicting the GOP will take one house possibly both with a slim majority and the Dems will get the whitehouse.
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline VelvetElvis

• Misunderestimated
  • Drill Sgt for the DeathSquadHateForce
Re: House and Senate predictions.
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2008, 05:53:14 PM »
With 10 months to go before the election, there's too many things that could happen to sway things one way or the other.  the optimist in me hopes that the spectacular incompetence of the current Democratic Congress and the progress in Iraq will lead to a Republican Senate, and a very narrow Dem House majoity.
Unfortunaely, today's GOP has mastered the art of turning lemonade into lemons, so I'm not going to hold my breath.
Proud Member of the Death Squad Hate Force Since  1980

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2008, 05:59:51 PM »
I don't know enough about other states, but Lamar Alexander is up for re-election this year.  He's a moderate, but I think most of the voters here like him.  As for the House, I think TN will stay the same.  They like their incumbents here. 
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Lauri

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2008, 06:34:34 PM »
we have a deja vu race happening here with Queen Christine Gregoire going head to head again with Dino Rossi.

last time around, Dino won the first round. Then there was a recount. Dino won again. They had another recount.

*votes were mysteriously 'found' and added to the count*

Gregoire wins her one and only time and the legislature declares HER the winner. it goes to the state Supreme Court, and they determine Gregoire to have won.

Only in America can two wins out of three mean youre the loser.

So, we shall see how it goes this time. I think Dino has a lot of good will out there and I know plenty of Dems here who thought he got robbed. Should be a fun year...