Author Topic: Jury finds racial discrimination occurred in firing... DU MAD!  (Read 477 times)

Offline Kc25

• **** your feelings.
Jury finds racial discrimination occurred in firing... DU MAD!
« on: October 28, 2021, 12:45:37 PM »
Jury awards $10M to former exec who said he was fired because he is white male

Dial H For Hero (1,677 posts)

Jury awards $10M to former exec who said he was fired because he is white male

https://www.yahoo.com/news/jury-awards-10m-former-exec-061700888.html

A man who alleged in a lawsuit that he was fired from a hospital system because he is a white man has been awarded a $10 million verdict by a North Carolina jury, according to court documents.

David Duvall of Michigan sued Novant Health, Inc. in 2019 after he was fired as senior vice president of marketing and communications the previous year.

Duvall said in the suit that he was terminated without cause "as part of an intentional campaign to promote diversity in its management ranks" and that he was fired due to his sex and gender.

Novant Health, which is based in Winston-Salem, has denied those allegations. It has said in court filings that he was fired for deficient performance and the delegation of critical duties to subordinates.

https://www.democraticunderground.com/100215991090

FakeNoose (20,516 posts)

16. How many white racists were sitting in that jury?

Star Member 2naSalit (52,551 posts)

5. Figures it was...

jcmaine72 (1,479 posts)

3. Poor, little old, defenseless and oppressed White men

Pardon me while I go cry a Great Lake's worth of tears for this mercilessly persecuted underclass.

Though 1 or 2 do point out some hypocrisy...
Polybius (7,310 posts)

11. Assuming he really was fired because he was white, you wouldn't care?

Even if he had been with the company for years?

Star Member Wingus Dingus (4,874 posts)

8. Being fired for "poor work performance" wasn't going to help him get

an equivalent position elsewhere, either--fair or not, they should seen the retaliation coming. What I find suspect is that it took TWO NEW hires to do his same job. So how truly poor could his work performance have been? They accused him of over-delegating--but it sounds like they piled the work on him and then fired him and split his job in half (recognizing that it was too much for one person).

I am hoping this thread further develops.... but I am afraid that certain DUers won't want to so blatantly their racism....

Offline SVPete

Re: Jury finds racial discrimination occurred in firing... DU MAD!
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2021, 01:27:04 PM »
Racial discrimination is illegal, regardless of the target's ethnicity. Rather than "Poor white guy", this case is "Poor Proggies got caught and nailed."
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Kc25

• **** your feelings.
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2021, 01:36:16 PM »
Racial discrimination is illegal, regardless of the target's ethnicity. Rather than "Poor white guy", this case is "Poor Proggies got caught and nailed."

You know... that angle eluded me. It was their very policies that drove this event. Down with whitey!

Offline ADsOutburst

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2021, 01:37:08 PM »
Poor, little old, defenseless and oppressed White men

Poor, little old, defenseless and oppressed White men.

Poor, little old, defenseless and oppressed White men!!

I left off the arguments, because I have none!

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2021, 02:48:36 PM »
Sounds like the annual employee evaluation didn’t support a ‘firing for poor performance’ and noting they had to hire two people to accomplish the same tasks he was doing bear out his allegations.

Sounds like he had a legitimate claim and the jury voted to compensate him for his loss.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline Kc25

• **** your feelings.
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2021, 02:51:08 PM »
Sounds like the annual employee evaluation didn’t support a ‘firing for poor performance’ and noting they had to hire two people to accomplish the same tasks he was doing bear out his allegations.

Sounds like he had a legitimate claim and the jury voted to compensate him for his loss.

KC

DU just mad that there is racism against white people.
According to DU that is simply not possible... and even if it were to have magically happened (it did), the "greater good of the downtrodden minorities" should be accepted by the victim and society...

Offline Kc25

• **** your feelings.
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2021, 02:52:39 PM »
Dr. Strange (25,121 posts)

18. There seems to have been two key pieces of evidence.

The first was that the company was trying to claim that he wasn't doing a satisfactory job. But then they filled his position with two women. It was weird trying to argue that someone who isn't doing their job properly needs to be replaced by TWO people.

The other was that there had been multiple firings in high-level positions, where a white male was fired and replaced with someone who was a minority of some type. With these all happening in a relatively small time frame (maybe a couple of years?), it seemed like it was a deliberate action.

https://myfox8.com/news/north-carolina/jury-awards-10-million-to-white-former-novant-health-executive-for-reverse-discrimination-in-firing/
Reply to this post
Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

This DUer seems to have it summed up pretty well.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2021, 02:56:34 PM »

This DUer seems to have it summed up pretty well.

Ooooh, I do wish I had a mole over there. How sweet would it be to make the simple point that it takes two WIMMEN to fill the shoes of ONE man?!

Half of them would die of a heart attack just reading that.  :lmao:

Humor … they have none.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2021, 03:47:43 PM »

Ooooh, I do wish I had a mole over there. How sweet would it be to make the simple point that it takes two WIMMEN to fill the shoes of ONE man?!

One wonders if the two women had to split the guy's salary, or if they each got more than half of what he made.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Kc25

• **** your feelings.
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2021, 02:29:51 PM »
One wonders if the two women had to split the guy's salary, or if they each got more than half of what he made.

OOOOOhhhhhh what if each got less than half of what he made? That would be some drama for DUmmies to fight over