Author Topic: Who's mole is this?  (Read 2409 times)

Offline Rebel Yell

• Redneck with a Brain
  • One more month, and I can forget about Obama.
Who's mole is this?
« on: January 22, 2008, 03:39:45 PM »
gorfle (117 posts)      Tue Jan-22-08 04:02 PM
Original message
Crime statistics for concealed carry permit holders?
 Does anyone know where I can get statistics on the number of crimes committed by concealed carry permit holders?

Refresh | 0 Recommendations Printer Friendly | Permalink | Reply | Top

MediaBabe (47 posts)      Tue Jan-22-08 04:14 PM
Response to Original message
1. That info may not be easy to find.
 In most states concealed carry permits are issued at the county level. That means when permits are revoked it is at the county level. Unless the state requires this information be forwarded to the state there won't be a single site database to search. The CDC keeps data on gun crimes but doesn't have this category separated.
 Printer Friendly | Permalink | Reply | Top

gorfle (117 posts)      Tue Jan-22-08 04:22 PM
Response to Reply #1
2. I was afraid of that.
 My gut tells me that CCW permit holders are probably among the most law-abiding in the country. I'd like to find some data to support this.

DonP  (624 posts)      Tue Jan-22-08 04:28 PM
Response to Reply #2
3. Your're right about that
 I can't find the article right now, but about three weeks ago there was a report from Texas or Flroida (?) I believe that indicated that CC permit holders were something like 3 to 5 tims LESS likely to be involve in any criminal activity that the average citizen of the same age.
Sorry I can't find the source now.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=118x155031
Whoever it is needs to be a little more careful.  That's NOT the statistics they like to see at the DUmp.
I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

Offline Lord Undies

Re: Who's mole is this?
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2008, 03:43:32 PM »
Some DUmmie will claim:  Maybe we should give all criminals a gun since it will make them better citizens.

Offline Rebel Yell

• Redneck with a Brain
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2008, 03:44:14 PM »
Some DUmmie will claim:  Maybe we should give all criminals a gun since it will make them better citizens.
Nah, I think that last post just killed that thread.
I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2008, 03:46:49 PM »
Well to be fair most of the DUmmies have done a 180 when it comes to guns. They are still scared of them but they fear * even more so now they think that people should be armed.
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline Rebel Yell

• Redneck with a Brain
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2008, 03:50:15 PM »
Well to be fair most of the DUmmies have done a 180 when it comes to guns. They are still scared of them but they fear * even more so now they think that people should be armed.
Yeah, but that wouldn't be the purpose of those statistics.  Someone was getting ready to piss in their cornflakes.

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2008, 03:55:54 PM »
Yeah, but that wouldn't be the purpose of those statistics.  Someone was getting ready to piss in their cornflakes.

Yeah looks that way.
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.