Author Topic: Whats for Dinner Tonight?  (Read 331591 times)

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
Re: Whats for Dinner Tonight?
« Reply #750 on: September 09, 2012, 07:12:52 PM »
Cracked peppercorn tilapia, rice pilaf, green beans and rhodes dinner rolls.

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #751 on: September 09, 2012, 07:18:37 PM »
Wife has a roast beef stew in the crock pot with red potatoes, onions, carrots, celery and I don't know what else. I'm cooking ford hook butter beans that I picked and shelled today with bacon bits and a tad bit of butter thrown in. Fixing to slice and stew the first batch of little tender squash out of my late garden along with some onions in them....and some rice to put the stew over.

I'm going to pig out.

...and next week I should be getting my first tomatoes and peas from my late garden.

If you were a DUmmie you would be having Boeuf Bourguignon for dinner.  :p

Offline Big Dog

• ^^Smokes cigars and knows things.
« Reply #752 on: September 09, 2012, 07:28:52 PM »
Italian Meatloaf Burgers, spaghetti sauce with Parmesan cheese, steamed cauliflower.

Italian Meatloaf Burgers
1 lb lean ground beef
1 lb ground pork
1 cup oats
1 egg
1 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper

Mix all ingredients thoroughly. Press into 6 large burgers or 8 medium burgers.

Heat 1 tbsp oil in cast iron skillet over medium heat. Cook burgers until medium- to medium-well.

Serve with spaghetti sauce and Parmesan cheese. I use tomato-basil sauce or spicy marinara sauce.
Government is the negation of liberty.
  -Ludwig von Mises

CAVE FVROREM PATIENTIS.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #753 on: September 09, 2012, 07:34:44 PM »
I was planning to go to McNamara's pub for corned beef and cabbage but wound up at Sakura's sushi bar instead.

Good stuff.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #754 on: September 10, 2012, 04:52:22 PM »
I was planning to go to McNamara's pub for corned beef and cabbage but wound up at Sakura's sushi bar instead.

Good stuff.

Those unfortunates in your backblast zone will probably be grateful for your decision.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #755 on: September 17, 2012, 06:38:47 PM »
Meatloaf, mashed potatoes and gravy, corn and rolls 

I can't remember if I posted this recipe before so I'm going to post it here. I tend to over do it as far as adding "extra stuff" to to meatloaf recipes so I never really liked meatloaf much. I used to use Lipton onion soup mix to make my meatloaf and add mushrooms or cheese or some other item. I hardly made it because I would alway overdo it, until I found this recipe.

The only things I change is I add green bell pepper, bread crumbs instead of crushed crackers, put the ketchup/brown sugar mixture on top instead of the bottom and use a cookie sheet lined with foil with the sides flipped up to catch the grease. My family loves it and requests it almost weekly. I serve it with mashed potatoes, a vegetable and rolls with brown gravy on top of the meatloaf and potatoes. I really like Pioneer Brand brown gravy mix when I don't make my own. 

The recipe has almost 5k reviews.

LINK

Brown Sugar Meatloaf

Ingredients

1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup ketchup
1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
3/4 cup milk
2 eggs
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 small onion, chopped
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
3/4 cup finely crushed saltine cracker crumbs
Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 5x9 inch loaf pan.

Press the brown sugar in the bottom of the prepared loaf pan and spread the ketchup over the sugar.

In a mixing bowl, mix thoroughly all remaining ingredients and shape into a loaf. Place on top of the ketchup.

Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour or until juices are clear.

Offline Jasonw560

• Is a Juke Box
  • PhD from Sarcastic State
« Reply #756 on: September 17, 2012, 08:58:48 PM »
Put some pork chops in the crock pot, used 2 cans of cream of chicken soup, package of ranch dressing mix, and 3/4 can of water. Cooked on low for 5 hours.

Boiled some egg noodles, mixed with margarine and parmesan cheese.

Made a bed of noodles on the plate, and put pork chops over them. Easy and very tasty.
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
-Aristotle

"Metaphors needn't be explained to educated people"-Ted
Nugent

"Life ain't fair. Get over it or wear a helmet" -diesel driver

Offline IassaFTots

• In WTF-istan, I am considered a
  • Oh well, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway.
« Reply #757 on: September 17, 2012, 09:51:08 PM »
Had a whole mess of vegetables to use up.  Eggplant, Zucchini, Tomatoes, Carrots, Bell Peppers and onions.  Chopped em all up last night, tossed them in the crock pot this morning with a few cans of diced tomatoes and sauce.  Spaghetti!
R.I.P. LC and Crockspot.  Miss you guys.

The infinite is possible at zombocom.  www.zombo.com

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline Undies

« Reply #758 on: September 17, 2012, 09:52:55 PM »
We went to the Black-Eyed Pea Restaurant.

Offline Big Dog

• ^^Smokes cigars and knows things.
« Reply #759 on: September 17, 2012, 09:53:55 PM »
Had a whole mess of vegetables to use up.  Eggplant, Zucchini, Tomatoes, Carrots, Bell Peppers and onions.  Chopped em all up last night, tossed them in the crock pot this morning with a few cans of diced tomatoes and sauce.  Spaghetti!

That sounds like it would be really good with Italian sausage.
Government is the negation of liberty.
  -Ludwig von Mises

CAVE FVROREM PATIENTIS.

Offline IassaFTots

« Reply #760 on: September 17, 2012, 09:55:51 PM »
That sounds like it would be really good with Italian sausage.

I had some leftover, and meant to put it on top, but forgot.  I made like a gallon of this sauce, so I can freeze it, but I think it would be awesome with Italian Sausage. 

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline Undies

« Reply #761 on: September 17, 2012, 10:35:28 PM »

I can't remember if I posted this recipe before so I'm going to post it here. I tend to over do it as far as adding "extra stuff" to to meatloaf recipes so I never really liked meatloaf much. I used to use Lipton onion soup mix to make my meatloaf and add mushrooms or cheese or some other item. I hardly made it because I would alway overdo it, until I found this recipe.

The only things I change is I add green bell pepper, bread crumbs instead of crushed crackers, put the ketchup/brown sugar mixture on top instead of the bottom and use a cookie sheet lined with foil with the sides flipped up to catch the grease. My family loves it and requests it almost weekly. I serve it with mashed potatoes, a vegetable and rolls with brown gravy on top of the meatloaf and potatoes. I really like Pioneer Brand brown gravy mix when I don't make my own. 

I like that meat loaf too.  I too add bell pepper (I like red).  a meatloaf isn't a meatloaf without the taste of bell pepper.

(I think I'll make stuffed bell peppers Wednesday night)

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
« Reply #762 on: September 18, 2012, 02:34:39 AM »
Growing up, I was often admonished by my cruder friends to not let my meat loaf. I never did get what they were talking about.
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #763 on: September 18, 2012, 07:28:49 AM »

LINK

I like to sweat some finely chopped celery with the onion. Not too crazy about bell pepper for meat loaf - either green or red - though I definitely use it in sloppy joes. Too sweet, and the brown sugar and ketchup mixture -- yowsa, waaay too sweet. I also like to prepare a simple marinara sauce and spoon it over the meatloaf in the last 15 minutes or so of baking.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline Undies

« Reply #764 on: September 18, 2012, 08:21:21 AM »
Growing up, I was often admonished by my cruder friends to not let my meat loaf. I never did get what they were talking about.

In your case - Vienna Sausage Loaf......"Don't let your Vienna Sausage loaf."

Understand now?  I thought so.

Offline obumazombie

« Reply #765 on: September 19, 2012, 04:20:58 PM »
In your case - Vienna Sausage Loaf......"Don't let your Vienna Sausage loaf."

Understand now?  I thought so.

Not really, but I may be one step closer.
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline debk

« Reply #766 on: September 19, 2012, 05:57:49 PM »
Not really, but I may be one step closer.

:thatsright:

:beathorse:
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.

Offline obumazombie

« Reply #767 on: September 19, 2012, 08:50:54 PM »

:thatsright:

:beathorse:
One day, soon, all will marvel at my ability to share an irresistible sense of humor. Not today evidently.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #768 on: September 19, 2012, 08:54:11 PM »
One day, soon, all will marvel at my ability to share an irresistible sense of humor. Not today evidently.

Oh now, it's good to see you again; why'd you take off?  You know you're missed when you're not here.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline obumazombie

« Reply #769 on: September 19, 2012, 09:03:58 PM »
Oh now, it's good to see you again; why'd you take off?  You know you're missed when you're not here.
Thank you for asking. My summer employment odyssey has me immersed in my 4th job. This one entailed leaving my current place of residence for Guam via Houston, Hawaii, and then my current location, Pohnei. I gave a fuel price update from here. Internet access has been spotty, the reason for my lull. I may go into another lull in a couple of days due to being relocated to an area having no coverage save for satellite while I fly my current contract. Nice to know someone misses you, and someone cares enough to mention it. Oddly enough I was temporarily banned as I somehow tapped into an IP that a former member was banned from.

Offline IassaFTots

« Reply #770 on: September 19, 2012, 09:47:03 PM »
Thank you for asking. My summer employment odyssey has me immersed in my 4th job. This one entailed leaving my current place of residence for Guam via Houston, Hawaii, and then my current location, Pohnei. I gave a fuel price update from here. Internet access has been spotty, the reason for my lull. I may go into another lull in a couple of days due to being relocated to an area having no coverage save for satellite while I fly my current contract. Nice to know someone misses you, and someone cares enough to mention it. Oddly enough I was temporarily banned as I somehow tapped into an IP that a former member was banned from.

Hey buddy!  I was thinking about you, hadn't see you in a while.  Keep us posted...mmkay?

Offline obumazombie

« Reply #771 on: September 19, 2012, 10:07:15 PM »
^Awww, and, mmkay !

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #772 on: September 21, 2012, 04:25:17 PM »
I may go into another lull in a couple of days due to being relocated to an area having no coverage save for satellite while I fly my current contract

Being in Micronesia (I believe?), I'd think the whole place would have no coverage.  :panic:
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline obumazombie

« Reply #773 on: September 21, 2012, 08:25:41 PM »
Being in Micronesia (I believe?), I'd think the whole place would have no coverage.  :panic:
Correct. FSM, or Federated States of Micronesia. 4 states, total population approximately 40,000.

Offline IassaFTots

« Reply #774 on: September 21, 2012, 10:44:43 PM »
Correct. FSM, or Federated States of Micronesia. 4 states, total population approximately 40,000.

What are you doing there?  They have like snakes and spiders and things.  And it's hot.  Isn't it???