Author Topic: Whats for Dinner Tonight?  (Read 325296 times)

Offline IassaFTots

• In WTF-istan, I am considered a
  • Oh well, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway.
Re: Whats for Dinner Tonight?
« Reply #475 on: January 23, 2011, 09:51:07 AM »
I love Hamburger Helper Cheeseburger Macaroni, I don't make it often but I'm craving it so that's what I'm making.

I do too!   :cheersmate:

May have to make it this week!
R.I.P. LC and Crockspot.  Miss you guys.

The infinite is possible at zombocom.  www.zombo.com

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline Thor

• General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!
  • In Memoriam
  • Native Texan & US Navy (ret)
« Reply #476 on: January 23, 2011, 10:25:20 AM »
I love Hamburger Helper Cheeseburger Macaroni, I don't make it often but I'm craving it so that's what I'm making.

I make my own using Kraft Mac & cheese, some extra cheese and burger. Sometimes I'll throw in some peas & mushrooms.
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

I AM your General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson

Offline IassaFTots

« Reply #477 on: January 23, 2011, 10:26:03 AM »
I make my own using Kraft Mac & cheese, some extra cheese and burger. Sometimes I'll throw in some peas & mushrooms.

I do that, and sometimes I add a little onion or pimiento. 

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #478 on: January 23, 2011, 10:31:07 AM »

I have to try doing that.
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline Rainbow Rising

• This is how I felt then. It is how I feel today.
« Reply #479 on: January 23, 2011, 02:49:24 PM »
I'm going to have some black bean and bacon soup with a toasted cheese sandwich. I might have a salad with that, but I haven't decided yet.
"Civility" = Liberal code for "Shut up, conservatives!"

"Hate speech" = Liberal code for "Shut up, conservatives!"

Offline Thor

• In Memoriam
« Reply #480 on: January 23, 2011, 11:24:50 PM »
We had chicken & dumplings tonight. It was pretty good.
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson

Offline IassaFTots

« Reply #481 on: February 23, 2011, 07:54:50 PM »
Made up from stuff in my pantry and fridge.

Sauteed:

Onion
Garlic
Chard
Mushrooms
Sundried Tomatoes
Leftover Grilled Kielbasa chopped up.

Then I added some fresh mozzarella, parmesan, and a little milk, and the last bit of plain yogurt I had.

Tossed it with some fettuchini, and wow!

Offline debk

« Reply #482 on: February 24, 2011, 10:36:58 AM »
Made a chicken pot pie....from stuff in freezer and pantry.

Cooked the chicken breasts in the microwave, with onion powder, pepper, and thyme on them.

Made gravy from canned chicken broth, that I added about 2 tsp of chicken boullion granules.

Sauteed onions, mushrooms, roasted chopped garlic, frozen mixed vegetables (peas, carrots, corn, green beans), chopped parsley, pepper, Emeril's. Do not add any salt!! There's enough in the boullion.

Mixed it all together, dumped in a 10x14 casserole, used 2 cans of "butter" flakey biscuits, on top and baked it. Had the oven at 375 and the biscuits started to brown too much - in 8 minutes! - so laid a sheet of foil over them, reduced the temp to 350 and cooked it about 20 minutes more.

The guys loved it. Had a lot leftover, hope it will reheat well.  :???:
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.

Offline Thor

• In Memoriam
« Reply #483 on: February 24, 2011, 10:44:27 AM »
Made a chicken pot pie....from stuff in freezer and pantry.

Cooked the chicken breasts in the microwave, with onion powder, pepper, and thyme on them.

Made gravy from canned chicken broth, that I added about 2 tsp of chicken boullion granules.

Sauteed onions, mushrooms, roasted chopped garlic, frozen mixed vegetables (peas, carrots, corn, green beans), chopped parsley, pepper, Emeril's. Do not add any salt!! There's enough in the boullion.

Mixed it all together, dumped in a 10x14 casserole, used 2 cans of "butter" flakey biscuits, on top and baked it. Had the oven at 375 and the biscuits started to brown too much - in 8 minutes! - so laid a sheet of foil over them, reduced the temp to 350 and cooked it about 20 minutes more.

The guys loved it. Had a lot leftover, hope it will reheat well.  :???:

Microwaved chicken breasts ?? Seriously???    :hammer: :hammer: :hammer:

Offline debk

« Reply #484 on: February 24, 2011, 10:56:59 AM »
Microwaved chicken breasts ?? Seriously???    :hammer: :hammer: :hammer:

Sorry...I do microwave them when I'm going to cut them up and put them in something like this or Chicken Divan.
It's quick and easy for boneless/skinless and they don't dry out.  :tongue:

Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

Offline Karin

« Reply #485 on: February 24, 2011, 10:59:31 AM »
Thor puts peas in his Hamburger Helper Cheeseburger Macaroni?   :hammer: :hammer: :hammer:

Take a look at page 23, at HNC's dinner.  I winced. 

Offline debk

« Reply #486 on: February 24, 2011, 11:09:09 AM »
Thor puts peas in his Hamburger Helper Cheeseburger Macaroni?   :hammer: :hammer: :hammer:

Couldn't find anything by HNC on page 23.  :???:

I've never bought Hamburger Helper. It's not allowed in my house.... :-)

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #487 on: February 24, 2011, 12:05:44 PM »
I don't feel like making a big meal so I'm making Hamburger Helper Cheesy Italian Shells. :-)
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline IassaFTots

« Reply #488 on: February 24, 2011, 12:07:34 PM »
I don't feel like making a big meal so I'm making Hamburger Helper Cheesy Italian Shells. :-)

My favorite is Cheeseburger Mac. 

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #489 on: February 24, 2011, 12:16:55 PM »
My favorite is Cheeseburger Mac.

Mine too! I always have a couple of boxes in the house, and have you seen the cups of Cheeseburger Macaroni you can have for lunch? our grocery store stopped selling it for some reason, well I was at Walmart a couple of weeks ago and they had them there so I loaded up on it.

Offline IassaFTots

« Reply #490 on: February 24, 2011, 12:25:05 PM »
Mine too! I always have a couple of boxes in the house, and have you seen the cups of Cheeseburger Macaroni you can have for lunch? our grocery store stopped selling it for some reason, well I was at Walmart a couple of weeks ago and they had them there so I loaded up on it.

No I have not.  But I will look for it for sure!

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #491 on: February 24, 2011, 12:26:02 PM »
My dinner is going to be more of the same.  :banghead:

Chicken or Swai (it's a white fish from Vietnam that isn't bad at all - and I don't do fish) and some kinda freakin' salad or some-such.
 O-)

I'd kill for some carbs........
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline Karin

« Reply #492 on: February 24, 2011, 12:50:56 PM »
Page 32, sorry.  1/3 of the way down. 

Eupher, you most emphatically do not do fish!  Part of the diet?  Carbs are in your future, just hold on. 

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #493 on: February 24, 2011, 12:57:29 PM »

Eupher, you most emphatically do not do fish!  Part of the diet?  Carbs are in your future, just hold on. 

I'm the kind of fish eater that eats fish only when it doesn't taste like fish and only when somebody's holding a gun to my head.

Nah, I'm good on the carbs. I just drank a liter of water, so instead of being hungry I'll just pee a lot for the next couple of hours..... :-)

Offline Thor

• In Memoriam
« Reply #494 on: February 24, 2011, 01:19:14 PM »

Not only peas, but sometimes mushrooms. And it's not "Hamburger Helper", it's my own version of it.  :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :tongue:

Offline debk

« Reply #495 on: February 24, 2011, 03:36:57 PM »

You winced over the steaks?

I thought they looked wonderful!!  :drool: A little searing on the outside...and they'd be perfect.  :-)

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #496 on: February 26, 2011, 08:09:50 PM »
Sun-dried tomato and garlic turkey breast with baked potato, and angel food cake for desert.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Celtic Rose

• All American Girl
« Reply #497 on: February 26, 2011, 08:13:29 PM »
Pure winter comfort food tonight.  I got chicken for 99 cents a pound yesterday, so I cooked it all up today, made some chicken salad for sandwiches, made chicken supreme for tomorrow tonight, and I have chicken and dumplings planned for tomorrow, made with homemade chicken stock.   :-)

Chicken Supreme

Ingredients:

4 full chicken breasts
4 or 5 heads of broccoli
2 cans of cream of chicken soup
1/2 cup bread crumbs
2 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese
1 cup mayonnaise
1 tsp lemon juice
1 tsp curry powder (or more to taste.  I usually add more)
2 tbsp butter.

Directions:

1.  Boil chicken until done and let cool
2. Steam broccoli until done and let cool
3.  Mix cream of chicken soup, mayonnaise, lemon juice, curry power, and half of the cheese to make sauce.
4.  Pour a little sauce on the bottom of the pan and add broccoli
5. Add a thin layer of sauce, then layer the chicken,
6. Pour remainder of sauce on top, then sprinkle the remainder of the cheese
7, Melt butter, mix with bread crumbs, and sprinkle over the dish.
8. Bake at 350 F for 40 minutes. 

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #498 on: February 26, 2011, 08:15:26 PM »
I love chicken salad but I never make my own.  I always end up buying some from the deli and it's never that great.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #499 on: February 26, 2011, 10:58:56 PM »
I love chicken salad but I never make my own.  I always end up buying some from the deli and it's never that great.

I put tarragon in mine, but yeah, it's a PITA to make.