Author Topic: Whats for Dinner Tonight?  (Read 325540 times)

Offline JLO

Re: Whats for Dinner Tonight?
« Reply #350 on: August 15, 2010, 11:20:59 PM »
Tonight we are grilling country stlye ribs, baked beans, and tater salad.Mmm!!

We grill every weekend. Rain or shine. Cold or hot. It is my husband's thing. He has to do it. And I am not about to complain!! ;)

Lucky you!

We had leftovers  :bawl:
Giving money and power to Democrats is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys--

Offline littlelamb

• Banned
« Reply #351 on: August 16, 2010, 12:32:29 AM »
We had my son's birthday party and he wanted Italian so we had lasagne,salad and homemade garlic bread yum
Good girls are bad girls that never get caught.

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it, misdiagnosing it and then misapplying the wrong remedies.

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #352 on: August 16, 2010, 12:36:49 PM »
We have got to find out what restaurant Sparky goes to.

Or he has a girlfriend that is a chief in a fine dining establishment.

Neither.  I do my own cooking.  I might go out maybe once a month--although the last time I went out was to Windjammer's here in town.  They do a really good fried haddock. 

No, this one is from last night...

Lobster casserole:

8 oz lobster meat cut into chunks at room temperature
3 Tbsp butter
2 Tsp fresh chopped parsley
1 clove garlic minced fine
2 Tbsp bread crumbs
2 Tbsp Parmesan cheese
Salt and pepper to taste (white pepper preferred)

Melt 2 Tbsp of the butter with the parsley, garlic, salt and pepper in a saucepan.  DO NOT ALLOW TO BROWN.  Once melted, mix the lobster in and coat lobster with the mixture.  Pour into buttered casserole dish.  Top with bread crumbs and parmesan cheese, and dot the top with the remaining Tbsp of butter.

Bake in a preheated 400 degree oven for about 15 minutes or until cheese is browned (I used shaved parmesan rather than the grated stuff.)

Of course, in addition to that I have the fries, and instead of cole slaw I went ahead and made a little tomato-basil-mozzarella salad with a bit of balsamic vinegar and olive oil.

Yeah, it didn't last long, lemme tell ya.  Eat your heart out, Newick's. 
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline debk

« Reply #353 on: August 16, 2010, 01:01:33 PM »
Neither.  I do my own cooking.  I might go out maybe once a month--although the last time I went out was to Windjammer's here in town.  They do a really good fried haddock. 

No, this one is from last night...

Lobster casserole:

8 oz lobster meat cut into chunks at room temperature
3 Tbsp butter
2 Tsp fresh chopped parsley
1 clove garlic minced fine
2 Tbsp bread crumbs
2 Tbsp Parmesan cheese
Salt and pepper to taste (white pepper preferred)

Melt 2 Tbsp of the butter with the parsley, garlic, salt and pepper in a saucepan.  DO NOT ALLOW TO BROWN.  Once melted, mix the lobster in and coat lobster with the mixture.  Pour into buttered casserole dish.  Top with bread crumbs and parmesan cheese, and dot the top with the remaining Tbsp of butter.

Bake in a preheated 400 degree oven for about 15 minutes or until cheese is browned (I used shaved parmesan rather than the grated stuff.)

Of course, in addition to that I have the fries, and instead of cole slaw I went ahead and made a little tomato-basil-mozzarella salad with a bit of balsamic vinegar and olive oil.

Yeah, it didn't last long, lemme tell ya.  Eat your heart out, Newick's. 

:drool:

I think I can get a flight out of here to NH....want a visitor to cook for?  :uhsure:
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.

Offline NHSparky

« Reply #354 on: August 16, 2010, 02:55:25 PM »
Then I won't tell you about the lobster roll I had for lunch before heading into work tonight.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline vesta111

• In Memoriam
« Reply #355 on: August 16, 2010, 03:07:42 PM »
Then I won't tell you about the lobster roll I had for lunch before heading into work tonight.

What ever happend to the lobster pie that was made with a cream sauce.?

Offline NHSparky

« Reply #356 on: August 16, 2010, 03:11:07 PM »
What ever happend to the lobster pie that was made with a cream sauce.?

Meh--too much of a PITA.  If you're going to do that, just make Lobster Newburg.

Offline debk

« Reply #357 on: August 16, 2010, 03:26:38 PM »

:asssmack:

you just did.... ::) 

:bawl:
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #358 on: August 24, 2010, 03:40:38 PM »
There's a pizzeria around here that claims to sell "genuine" New York-style pizza.  We'll see.

Anyone had Jet's pizza?  It looks like this is a national chain.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2010, 03:46:36 PM by chris_ »
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline IassaFTots

• In WTF-istan, I am considered a
  • Oh well, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway.
« Reply #359 on: August 24, 2010, 03:54:36 PM »
There's a pizzeria around here that claims to sell "genuine" New York-style pizza.  We'll see.

Anyone had Jet's pizza?  It looks like this is a national chain.

Never heard of it.  I am making fried green tomatoes tonight. 
R.I.P. LC and Crockspot.  Miss you guys.

The infinite is possible at zombocom.  www.zombo.com

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline NHSparky

« Reply #360 on: August 24, 2010, 03:55:36 PM »
Something cheap, tasteless, and frozen.  Kinda like my ex-wife.

Offline debk

« Reply #361 on: August 24, 2010, 04:04:54 PM »
I'm cooking for the "boys" tonight....as son isn't working tonight....

Eye of round roast, mashed potatoes and gravy, steamed broccoli with lemon butter sauce.
Going to steam some cauliflower and smash it up with butter and a bit of cheese for me instead of potatoes.

Yes....I am doing a bit of "sucking up"....been a bit bitchy lately... :argh: ( sugar withdrawal sucks )

Offline Chris_

« Reply #362 on: August 24, 2010, 04:47:57 PM »
Hm.  This pizza isn't bad.  They certainly got the 'greasy' part down.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #363 on: August 24, 2010, 05:33:46 PM »
Homemade lasagna with a tossed salad and garlic bread.

My sister, who is visiting from Phoenix, announced that it is mandatory to take some home on the plane with her for my two nieces.

I quadruple-wrapped a small pan of it, then put on two zip-lock bags and duct-taped those together. Don't wanna use tin foil just in case the boys run the X-ray machine.   :o
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline debk

« Reply #364 on: August 24, 2010, 05:47:24 PM »

My sister, who is visiting from Phoenix, announced that it is mandatory to take some home on the plane with her for my two nieces.

I quadruple-wrapped a small pan of it, then put on two zip-lock bags and duct-taped those together. Don't wanna use tin foil just in case the boys run the X-ray machine.   :o

She'll have to pack it....they will make her unwrap it, if she carries it through, I think...

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #365 on: August 24, 2010, 06:05:15 PM »

:lmao:

That's exactly how the drug mules pack their 'stuff'!

You are going to have them all thrown in the slammer!!

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #366 on: August 24, 2010, 10:05:51 PM »
:lmao:

That's exactly how the drug mules pack their 'stuff'!

You are going to have them all thrown in the slammer!!

KC

well, it's just her, so no big deal.   :tongue:  If my nieces were here too, it would be a different thing altogether.

The pan is made of glass, so they can see through it. No drugs, just cheese!

It'll start out frozen, so I think by the time she gets home it'll be thawed out enough to bake off.   :uhsure:         

Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #367 on: August 25, 2010, 06:35:37 PM »
Late night at work.  Looks like it's going to be beef jerky and Coca Cola. :p

Offline NHSparky

« Reply #368 on: August 25, 2010, 07:55:36 PM »
Burger and macaroni salad.  But while I was grilling the burger, also did some marinated chicken for lunches the next couple of days.

Offline IassaFTots

• In WTF-istan, I am considered a
  • Oh well, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway.
« Reply #369 on: August 25, 2010, 08:14:54 PM »
Greens, Smoked Sausage and homemade mashed potatoes.
R.I.P. LC and Crockspot.  Miss you guys.

The infinite is possible at zombocom.  www.zombo.com

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline Mike220

• Proud owner of a
  • Ron Swanson is my hero
« Reply #370 on: August 27, 2010, 10:19:00 PM »
Chicken fried steak, mashed potatoes; both smothered in white gravy. And a margarita.
Blackmail is such an ugly word. I prefer "extortion." The "X" makes it sound cool. - Bender

"jews run the media" -- CreativeChristie
Woohoo! Bow to me peasants -- Me

Offline Chris_

« Reply #371 on: August 27, 2010, 10:21:56 PM »
Grilled lamb chops (cheaper than Sparky's lobster) and potato skins.

Offline NHSparky

« Reply #372 on: August 28, 2010, 06:45:10 AM »
Grilled lamb chops (cheaper than Sparky's lobster) and potato skins.

I've priced lamb chops.  I doubt it.

But I'm avoiding the bug this weekend.  Did fish sandwiches and fries last night, gonna BBQ some hot dogs tonight, and then grill some pork chops for Sunday dinner and Monday lunch.

Offline vesta111

• In Memoriam
« Reply #373 on: August 30, 2010, 10:57:52 AM »
I've priced lamb chops.  I doubt it.

But I'm avoiding the bug this weekend.  Did fish sandwiches and fries last night, gonna BBQ some hot dogs tonight, and then grill some pork chops for Sunday dinner and Monday lunch.

My best food starts out with having to replace stuff I do not have in the cupboard.   mostly it is an accident some things good some the dog wont eat.

I got this wild hair the other day and decided to batter and deep fry some veges.

From some where I began to wonder what would happen if I threw in some raw bacon into the oil, the bacon cooked up great and when I added the breaded veges they had the taste of the bacon.

One thing leads to another , I kept the used oil in the fridge and next day decided to fry up chicken wings in that oil.

No flour in the house so I put about 1/4 cup corn starch in a plastic bag and garbed a pack of RITZ Crackers.  I smacked them up with a rolling pin to crumb state and set aside.

I put some eggs and half and half beat up in a big bowl and added a dozen chicken wings and let them set for 20 minutes.   Then I removed them and placed them in the bag with the cornstarch and Ritz crumbs bounce them about to coat, sealed the bag and put it into the fridge for an hour.

When I heated up the oil I added 1/2 cup Canola oil fresh and then fried them to a golden brown.

I was worried about the taste but when I sampled one small wing,  WOW, that stuff is GOOD, just enough sweet from the Ritz and a lovely crisp coating.

IT IS THE BACON THAT GIVES THE HIT TO THE OIL, NEXT TIME I WILL TRY SOME GARLIC AND SPICES in the oil for the  VEGES.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #374 on: August 30, 2010, 12:38:23 PM »
Boneless country style ribs slow cooked in the crockpot then simmered in BBQ sauce for a couple of hours.