Author Topic: Whats for Dinner Tonight?  (Read 325327 times)

Offline Crazy Horse

• Army 0 Navy 34
  • Topic Moderator
  • Sex, Booze and Bacon Minion
Re: Whats for Dinner Tonight?
« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2008, 07:18:42 PM »
Tuna and Sea scallops, Italian beans with shellies and some wild rice
You got off your ass, now get your wife off her back.

Offline Flame

« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2008, 01:28:59 PM »
Chili and cornbread  :cheersmate:

Offline Atomic Lib Smasher

• Liberal Hunter
  • Just Say Nobama
« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2008, 05:15:26 PM »
Pork Chops, garlic mashed potatoes, and corn on the cob. I just use a simple marinade for the chops... W-sauce, A1, and soy sauce with a bit of lemon juice and brown sugar. Good shit. Same thing goes for burgers when I make them.

Liberalism is the philosophy of the stupid! - Mark R. Levin

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #28 on: February 24, 2008, 05:21:48 PM »
Pork Chops, garlic mashed potatoes, and corn on the cob. I just use a simple marinade for the chops... W-sauce, A1, and soy sauce with a bit of lemon juice and brown sugar. Good shit. Same thing goes for burgers when I make them.

I watched Rachel Ray today make mashed sweet potatoes with a scoop of orange marmalade, a half a cup of chicken stock, and a couple of dashed of hot sauce.  I don't even like sweet potatoes, but it looked good.

Offline Atomic Lib Smasher

• Liberal Hunter
  • Just Say Nobama
« Reply #29 on: February 24, 2008, 05:32:24 PM »

I watched Rachel Ray today make mashed sweet potatoes with a scoop of orange marmalade, a half a cup of chicken stock, and a couple of dashed of hot sauce.  I don't even like sweet potatoes, but it looked good.

Hot sauce in sweet potatoes??  :p I'm a man that loves his hot sauce, but even that has it's limits!

Liberalism is the philosophy of the stupid! - Mark R. Levin

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #30 on: February 24, 2008, 05:36:31 PM »

Hot sauce in sweet potatoes??  :p I'm a man that loves his hot sauce, but even that has it's limits!

I can see how it would work with the sweetness - it would add a zing.  It wasn't a lot of hot sauce. 

Offline Odin's Hand

• is your new god!
  • Quarters Champion
« Reply #31 on: February 24, 2008, 06:17:03 PM »
Grilled chicken breasts
Baked sweet potatoes
Grilled pineapples, onions and jalapenos
Spinach salad
Iced tea
"Hell is full of good wishes and desires"~St. Bernhard of Clairvaux

"Brave men are found where brave men are honored."~Aristotle

"Generally speaking, the "Way of the Warrior" is resolute acceptance of death."~ Miyamoto Musashi

Offline Flame

« Reply #32 on: March 10, 2009, 06:44:07 PM »
Steak and onion sammiches with pepper jack cheese and tator tots....smells YUMMY!

Offline asdf2231

• would like to cordially invite you to the pants party!
  • VRWC Arts And Crafts Director
« Reply #33 on: March 10, 2009, 08:54:45 PM »
We had brisket and veggies and rosemary garlic spuds.

Not too shabby.  The brisket cooked up in the crockpot pretty well.

Build a man a fire and he will be warm for awhile.
Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life...

Offline debk

« Reply #34 on: March 10, 2009, 11:05:00 PM »
Made tuna macaroni salad for dinner. It was 80 today...and we don't have the AC on....so it was perfect. Plus leftovers for lunch tomorrow.

M had cherry pie for dessert and I had the last of the peppermint ice cream.
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.

Offline Flame

« Reply #35 on: March 12, 2009, 11:18:50 AM »
I'm thinking about homemade pizza tonight...not 100% positive yet. 

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #36 on: March 12, 2009, 12:38:21 PM »
Gonna make some camp hash:

Slice 6-7 polish sausages, 1/4" thick. Fry in a large, deep skillet (12" or bigger, I use a cast iron one) with 1/8th - 1/4 C salad oil until browned. Add 5-6 unpeeled potatoes diced (make all diced items 1/4" square) Fry until they just begin to brown. Season w/ S&P. (season after each addition) Add one large red onion, diced. Cook until they just begin to soften, turning the whole mass often.
Add 1 can of sliced mushrooms (drained) cook and turn over until heated through. Word of warning: for some reason fresh mushrooms don't taste right. The potatoes should be soft at this point.
Take a block of pepperjack cheese and make approx 7-9 (again, 1/4" thick) slices to cover the "hash". I arrange them like spokes on a wheel.
Let cook until the cheese melts.

Serve up!

And, no, I don't eat this very often!! I gotta watch my (wife's) girlish figure.    :tongue:
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline Flame

« Reply #37 on: March 12, 2009, 01:01:35 PM »
Gonna make some camp hash:

Slice 6-7 polish sausages, 1/4" thick. Fry in a large, deep skillet (12" or bigger, I use a cast iron one) with 1/8th - 1/4 C salad oil until browned. Add 5-6 unpeeled potatoes diced (make all diced items 1/4" square) Fry until they just begin to brown. Season w/ S&P. (season after each addition) Add one large red onion, diced. Cook until they just begin to soften, turning the whole mass often.
Add 1 can of sliced mushrooms (drained) cook and turn over until heated through. Word of warning: for some reason fresh mushrooms don't taste right. The potatoes should be soft at this point.
Take a block of pepperjack cheese and make approx 7-9 (again, 1/4" thick) slices to cover the "hash". I arrange them like spokes on a wheel.
Let cook until the cheese melts.

Serve up!

And, no, I don't eat this very often!! I gotta watch my (wife's) girlish figure.    :tongue:

Sounds similar to something we make...fried sausage, taters and onion...just minus the mushrooms and cheese.  We haven't had it in eons, though. 

Offline Flame

« Reply #38 on: March 12, 2009, 04:04:58 PM »
I'm thinking about homemade pizza tonight...not 100% positive yet. 

went with the pizza...dough is rising as I type...whole wheat crust...yum!

Offline Thor

• General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!
  • In Memoriam
  • Native Texan & US Navy (ret)
« Reply #39 on: March 12, 2009, 06:32:21 PM »
I went to the commissary and bought a rib eye steak. They have grills here at the lodging facilities. I had that and a baked potato. It's the first truly decent meal I've had in over a week. The rest of the week has been sandwiches for lunch and dinner or the last couple of days, I've had microwave dinners. At least they were hot.
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

I AM your General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson

Offline Flame

« Reply #40 on: March 12, 2009, 06:49:27 PM »
I went to the commissary and bought a rib eye steak. They have grills here at the lodging facilities. I had that and a baked potato. It's the first truly decent meal I've had in over a week. The rest of the week has been sandwiches for lunch and dinner or the last couple of days, I've had microwave dinners. At least they were hot.

Did you do the potato on the grill as well?   That's my favorite way.   

Offline Thor

• General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!
  • In Memoriam
  • Native Texan & US Navy (ret)
« Reply #41 on: March 12, 2009, 07:05:42 PM »
Did you do the potato on the grill as well?   That's my favorite way.   

No, I didn't want to wait an hour for it to get done. Besides, that requires extra $$ for foil that I won't use but once or twice. My Favorite quick way is to microwave them until almost done, then pop them in a 450-500° oven until crispy crunchy on the outside.
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

I AM your General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson

Offline Inga

• Be Ready
« Reply #42 on: March 12, 2009, 09:58:36 PM »
Those meals will get better soon. Not to far off.I went to the VFW meeting( Ladies Auxiliary) and supper and had fried chicken,basil cola slaw,green beans,broccoli and cauliflower,iced tea,and cranberry crunch cake. Missed my significant other, tho.
There will always be "Battles" to fight.

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #43 on: March 12, 2009, 11:02:49 PM »
Fancy stuff at Casa de Chris tonight...

[youtube=425,350]1WaZws21dV8[/youtube]
This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.

Offline Flame

« Reply #44 on: March 14, 2009, 08:39:32 PM »
I was brave and had some mac and cheese tonight.  Kids had kielbasa with theirs.

Offline asdf2231

« Reply #45 on: March 14, 2009, 08:44:30 PM »
I had crappy grocery store chicken in my hotel room.

But there was a cream parfait cup later, which was okay.

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #46 on: March 14, 2009, 08:48:13 PM »
I had medium-rare roast beef, asparagus, baked potato, homemade cheese biscuits, and pumpernickel break with lots of butter.  :)
This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.

Offline asdf2231

« Reply #47 on: March 14, 2009, 08:55:13 PM »
I had medium-rare roast beef, asparagus, baked potato, homemade cheese biscuits, and pumpernickel break with lots of butter.  :)

I hate you.

Soooooo Much.

;)

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #48 on: March 14, 2009, 09:01:29 PM »
But I had to listen to Garrison Keilor.  It was actually kinda funny.  They told dumb jokes the entire time instead of doing a regular show.  Picture two hours of this:

What do you call a man with a seagull on his head?

Cliff

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #49 on: March 14, 2009, 09:33:34 PM »
Leftover pork chops with mac n cheese.

Beef stew is held over until tomorrow.  Or maybe I'll just burn a steak and do the stew for lunches.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford