Author Topic: I have this problem with people in military uniforms.  (Read 10538 times)

Offline jtyangel

Re: I have this problem with people in military uniforms.
« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2008, 09:19:57 AM »
I was reading this thread yesterday, ProudDad is one man I would LOVE to meet in a nice dark alley and show him just what I was trained to do as a US Marine.

There are a few other posters in that thread that just made me shake my head in amazement that some people are like that.

On a serious note, the OP doesn't seem to recognize his own prejudicial tendencies towards military folks. If the OP had been describing this reaction to a street thug with a tanned hue, he would have been disgusted with himself and never have even posted that thread. However, he didn't seem to have any hesitation admitting his prejudicial feelings towards someone in uniform, expecting approval from his peers. I'm glad to see he was not validated overall.

Offline Celtic Rose

• All American Girl
« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2008, 09:24:43 AM »
dang...most of the time when I see a man in uniform, it turns me on!  :-)

Me too  :-)
« Last Edit: January 23, 2008, 09:26:50 AM by Celtic Rose »

Offline MPCOA

• Just Off Probation
« Reply #27 on: January 23, 2008, 03:26:41 PM »

Don't suffer from PTSD, go out and cause it

Embrace the Hate

"Over the years, the United States has sent many of its fine young men and women into great peril to fight for freedom beyond our borders. The only amount of land we have ever asked for in return is enough to bury those that did not return." Gen. Colin Powell

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #28 on: January 23, 2008, 03:33:40 PM »

Wish I could get that pic of me back on the boat and post it (damn work filters).

I know what you mean.  Was trying to get a recent picture of me up into Photobucket today, and it just wouldn't play nice.

My problem is I can't get into photobucket from work.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline MPCOA

• Just Off Probation
« Reply #29 on: January 23, 2008, 03:35:03 PM »

Embrace the Hate

"Over the years, the United States has sent many of its fine young men and women into great peril to fight for freedom beyond our borders. The only amount of land we have ever asked for in return is enough to bury those that did not return." Gen. Colin Powell

Offline guest

« Reply #30 on: January 23, 2008, 03:46:06 PM »
Oh, I agree! :D

There's an Army post in Savannah.  Lots of handsome men in their uniforms!  Jackpot!    :rotf:    I see quite a few of them on the AASU campus, attending classes.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2008, 03:50:09 PM by ACrazyConservative »

Offline MPCOA

• Just Off Probation
« Reply #31 on: January 23, 2008, 04:06:38 PM »
Oh, I agree! :D

There's an Army post in Savannah.  Lots of handsome men in their uniforms!  Jackpot!    :rotf:    I see quite a few of them on the AASU campus, attending classes.
Make sure that they have a little black rifle surrounded by black wreaths on their left chest.

Embrace the Hate

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #32 on: January 23, 2008, 04:51:39 PM »
Make sure that they have a little black rifle surrounded by black wreaths on their left chest.

On ACUs? It's, more than likely, Hunter Army Airfield, the home of the 1st Bat, 75th Ranger Reg't that she's talking about. Stewart is a little ways from Savannah.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2008, 04:53:35 PM by Rebel »
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #33 on: January 23, 2008, 04:56:55 PM »

On ACUs? It's, more than likely, Hunter Army Airfield, the home of the 1st Bat, 75th Ranger Reg't that she's talking about. Stewart is a little ways from Savannah.

Yep...  Hunter Army Airfield is mere miles from my college. 
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #34 on: January 23, 2008, 05:02:18 PM »

SCAD? Savannah State? Armstrong?

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline Chris_

« Reply #35 on: January 23, 2008, 05:05:11 PM »

SCAD? Savannah State? Armstrong?

Armstrong. :)
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #36 on: January 23, 2008, 05:11:29 PM »

I've seen that photo before....it's speaks volumes.

side note....notice the Eighty Deuce patch 

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #37 on: January 23, 2008, 08:09:03 PM »

Here.  Happy now?

“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline Schadenfreude

« Reply #38 on: January 23, 2008, 08:13:41 PM »
WooT Sparky!
“Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.â€

Offline MPCOA

• Just Off Probation
« Reply #39 on: January 24, 2008, 03:13:27 AM »

I am out of Stewart, so I have a good clue who it could be, but it is more than likely people who don't do shit from either base. So, she should be on the lookout for CIB's.

Embrace the Hate

Offline Chris_

« Reply #40 on: January 24, 2008, 11:48:32 AM »
I am out of Stewart, so I have a good clue who it could be, but it is more than likely people who don't do shit from either base. So, she should be on the lookout for CIB's.
That's bullshit...there are plenty of guys who "do shit" who are not eligible for a CIB.

Offline MPCOA

• Just Off Probation
« Reply #41 on: January 24, 2008, 12:26:18 PM »
That's bullshit...there are plenty of guys who "do shit" who are not eligible for a CIB.
And they get their CAB and their promotion points...

You know I said it as a joke, but if you want to get all mad about it, this isn't the place and I'm not the person.

Embrace the Hate

Offline Chris_

« Reply #42 on: January 24, 2008, 02:57:36 PM »
You know I said it as a joke, but if you want to get all mad about it, this isn't the place and I'm not the person.
And if this was a military board I may have taken it as a joke once I knew you better...but since it was made in front of primarily civilians I didn't find it so humorous. So on at least one point you are correct..this isn't the place.

As to whether you're the person or not shouldn't make any difference.

Offline vftb

« Reply #43 on: January 24, 2008, 03:17:49 PM »
Don't know if this helps any of you, but I can't seem to get my pictures to upload to photobucket through Firefox.  I go over to IE to upload.

Not much I can add to this thread that hasn't be said already.

dang...most of the time when I see a man in uniform, it turns me on!   :-)
Cept I'll pass on that one  :-) :-)
To err is human, to really **** things up you need a computer

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #44 on: January 24, 2008, 05:32:40 PM »
Smith_3 (216 posts)     Tue Jan-22-08 05:00 AM
Original message
Why do people in uniforms turn my stomach?

Probably because we exemplify and represent everything you'll never be.
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #45 on: January 24, 2008, 05:34:32 PM »
BEG nailed it. They're very selective about whom they support in uniform. For this country? Hate. Against this country? I.e., Castro and the Venezuelan Chipmunk? Adoration. 

Offline Chris_

« Reply #46 on: January 24, 2008, 05:35:48 PM »
Smith_3 (216 posts)     Tue Jan-22-08 05:00 AM
Original message
Why do people in uniforms turn my stomach?

Probably because we exemplify and represent everything you'll never be.
****ing-A....

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #47 on: January 24, 2008, 05:37:04 PM »

Armstrong. :)

Dang girl...wish I'd known you were there.  I'd have found a way to have bought you a beer when I was there back in November.

Went to my old stomping ground (Bayou Blues Cafe)...place hadn't changed in 10 years.
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn