Author Topic: Olympic US Women's Soccer Team kneels, loses to the Swedes  (Read 715 times)

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
Olympic US Women's Soccer Team kneels, loses to the Swedes
« on: July 21, 2021, 12:23:47 PM »
US women's soccer team, other squads kneel in protest before Olympics matches

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/us-womens-soccer-team-kneel-protest-olympics-matches

US women's soccer's epic unbeaten streak comes to an end in Olympics match

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/us-womens-soccers-unbeaten-streak-end-olympics

The Americans failed to score against Sweden in the opening match

The U.S. women’s soccer team had its 44-game winning streak snapped in its first match of the Tokyo Olympics on Wednesday, losing to Sweden 3-0.

While the opening ceremonies don’t get started until Friday, the U.S. women’s soccer team is among the handful of squads who start days before the Games officially get underway. But the early opportunity to get a quick win to start the Games was nullified.

Sweden’s victory snapped the Americans’ long unbeaten streak and amped up the rivalry between the two squads. The U.S. hadn’t lost a match since January 2019. The team lost to France in a pre-World Cup tune-up.

Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
Re: Olympic US Women's Soccer Team kneels, loses to the Swedes
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2021, 12:51:35 PM »
 :yawn:
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2021, 02:00:22 PM »
Their loss may have been avoided if they had spent more time practicing soccer and less time practicing virtue signaling
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2021, 02:23:55 PM »
Their loss may have been avoided if they had spent more time practicing soccer and less time practicing virtue signaling

Apparently the Swede team that defeated the U.S. squad also took knees. As did at least one referee.

Whatever happened to sports being competitive and not political?

You won't catch me watching any of the Olympics. Couldn't care less. I remember watching the 1972 Olympics held in Munich and being horrified at the political shit that happened during those Games. I was horrified then, but I'm disgusted now.

Offline Zathras

• This is the way.
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2021, 05:53:51 PM »
Who am I rooting for in the Olympics? Any team playing against the US Woman's Soccer team.
Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

If racist dog whistles are meant to be only heard by racists, then it is quite interesting how progressives seem to be the only people who can hear them. - Leonydus Johnson

What makes a good soldier? The ability to fire 3 rounds a minute in any weather. - Major Richard Sharpe

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2021, 07:12:14 PM »
Between the NFL "going woke", MLB "going woke", and all this bullshit going on in the Olympics, I'm about "Give a ****'ed" out for any sport or sports team these days.

No longer worth my time...
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline Ralph Wiggum

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2021, 12:23:45 PM »
Good spot for this:

Inspiring: US Women's Soccer Team To Boycott Scoring Goals Until Racism Is Defeated

TOKYO—People were stunned after the U.S. women's soccer team lost to Sweden in the Olympics this week by a score of 3-0—until the team revealed they are boycotting scoring any goals until racism is defeated.

"Yeah, we didn't score any goals against Sweden last night, but that was totally on purpose," said star player and beloved activist Megan Rapinoe. "This isn't the time to score goals—when America is still racist. We totally could have beaten Sweden but we decided as a team that no goals will be scored until complete equality has been achieved in America. Also, we demand a hefty raise."

Onlookers were stunned during the second half of the game when Rapinoe dribbled the ball all the way to Sweden's unprotected goal and whispered "This is for you, people of color," before kicking the ball straight into the air and running headfirst into the goalpost.

"This may be one of the most powerful performances in the history of sports," said Teen Vogue's sportswriter who has never watched sports.

The U.S. Women's team is demanding to remain in the Olympic tournament and promises to continue its streak of zero goals. Inspiring!

https://babylonbee.com/news/inspiring-us-womens-soccer-team-to-boycott-scoring-goals-until-racism-is-defeated

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2021, 01:03:24 PM »
Babylon Bee shoots and scores!  :rotf:

Offline Zathras

• This is the way.
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2021, 03:43:56 PM »
Babylon Bee shoots and scores!  :rotf:

On the US Woman's Soccer team, which I hope happens a lot during these Olympic Games.
Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

If racist dog whistles are meant to be only heard by racists, then it is quite interesting how progressives seem to be the only people who can hear them. - Leonydus Johnson

What makes a good soldier? The ability to fire 3 rounds a minute in any weather. - Major Richard Sharpe

Offline Ralph Wiggum

« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2021, 04:12:42 PM »
On the US Woman's Soccer team, which I hope happens a lot during these Olympic Games.

A longtime family friend's granddaughter is participating in the Olympics, so I'll root for her.  Otherwise, to bastardize Rush Limbaugh's quote about Barack Hussein O, I hope these woketard athletes fail.  Happily hope our great country wins, for the patriotic ladies and gentleman participating.

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2021, 06:23:28 PM »
 :yawn: :sosad:
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline 3rd-try

« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2021, 08:14:27 AM »
Who am I rooting for in the Olympics? Any team playing against the US Woman's Soccer team.

I'll pull for any athlete from here that remains proud of it. The women's soccer team and the kneelers shouldn't return from the games. We should exchange them for Cuban or Hong Kong protesters. Then everybody's happy.