Author Topic: Where's the outrage towards Jon Stewart?  (Read 2134 times)

Offline Rebel Yell

• Redneck with a Brain
  • One more month, and I can forget about Obama.
Where's the outrage towards Jon Stewart?
« on: January 22, 2008, 12:25:15 PM »
Zueda (537 posts)      Tue Jan-22-08 01:13 PM
Original message
Where's the outrage towards Jon Stewart?
 Last night on 'A Daily Show'. Jon hinted about the Clinton's intentional pitting of brown against black. Called Bill a flat out liar and then they carried on about so many other things all the while making fun of Bill's infidelity.

Yet I see no outrage here today.

Refresh | 1 Recommendations Printer Friendly | Permalink | Reply | Top
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=132x4155837

Night Owl, looks like your peers don't see The Daily Show as just good comedy either.  Jon Stewart, agenda much?  My money says he's an Obama supporter.

Zueda (538 posts)      Tue Jan-22-08 01:17 PM
Response to Reply #1
5. If you missed it then try to catch today's rerun...
 If you're a Clinton supporter you won't be thrilled.
 Printer Friendly | Permalink | Reply | Top

hisownpetard  (1000+ posts)      Tue Jan-22-08 01:15 PM
Response to Original message
2. He's a comedian.

See, I don't just pick the ones that prove my point.
fenriswolf (1000+ posts)      Tue Jan-22-08 01:17 PM
4. outrage about what? 
 or are we now going to be attacking the only liberal quasi political news show that the majority of democrats watch? oh yeah and attacking them for speaking the truth too. 

Webster Green  (1000+ posts)      Tue Jan-22-08 01:21 PM
8. His writers are still out, so he went with the dumbass BJ jokes.
 It put me to sleep.

So, he's probably writing his own material, now.
Whether the shows producers intent is to sway political views of the young and impressionable (gullible) or not.  That is what it's become.  People turn to Jon Stewart for News.  Sad state of affairs today.

This campfire is growing faster than I can keep up with, so check it out yourselves. :banghead:

I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

Offline The Night Owl

• Banned
Re: Where's the outrage towards Jon Stewart?
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2008, 12:36:05 PM »
I don't deny that a good number of people at DU are too uptight to laugh at humor directed at the left side of the political spectrum.
Ubi Dubium Ibi Libertas

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2008, 12:46:18 PM »
Sillyass DUmmies. Rush said something I disagreed with, I won't ever listen to him again. Boortz said something I disagreed with, I won't ever listen to him again. Hannity ALWAYS says things I disagree with, I won't ever listen to him again.  :whatever:

Man, I would be a bored mofo. We don't all agree with each other all the time. I'm thinking that "marching orders" concept they like to throw at conservatives that listen to Rush is a HUGE f'n projection on their part. This is why DUmmies are always down and disappointed. They're looking for a Parrot. Try Petco.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline The Night Owl

• Banned
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2008, 01:05:49 PM »
Sillyass DUmmies. Rush said something I disagreed with, I won't ever listen to him again. Boortz said something I disagreed with, I won't ever listen to him again. Hannity ALWAYS says things I disagree with, I won't ever listen to him again.  :whatever:

Man, I would be a bored mofo. We don't all agree with each other all the time. I'm thinking that "marching orders" concept they like to throw at conservatives that listen to Rush is a HUGE f'n projection on their part. This is why DUmmies are always down and disappointed. They're looking for a Parrot. Try Petco.

People at DU often say that they are going to boycott TDS because they know that no one will check to see if they are holding to their word.
Ubi Dubium Ibi Libertas

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2008, 05:53:54 PM »
The DUmmies dont understand that The Daily Show is comedy - If, by chance, the President were a Dem, Stuart would make fun of him/her as much as he does the current administration, Thats his job.