Author Topic: 9th Circuit Blocks Ruling That Overturned California's Ban On Assault Weapons  (Read 474 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
Star Member kpete (67,648 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100215549532

9th Circuit Blocks Ruling That Overturned California's Ban On Assault Weapons
!!!YES!!!

JUST IN: The US 9th Circuit Court of Appeals has blocked a federal judge's controversial ruling that overturned California's longtime ban on assault weapons, in which he likened the AR-15 to a Swiss Army knife.

:whatever:

NickB79 (15,730 posts)

1. And off to the USSC it goes

That was the plan all along, I believe.

Calista241 (4,420 posts)

10. This article says 'blocked' like it means something more than

a simple stay until a panel reviews Judge Benitez's opinion. The panel is still going to have to determine if the 'in common use' terminology that the judge found conflicted with Heller. It's an uphill battle because on its face, the AR15 would appear to be 'in common use' by gun owners.

:whatever:
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline Zathras

• This is the way.
Gee what a surprise. The court with the 3rd most overturned decisions (79%) voted against the Constitution.
Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

If racist dog whistles are meant to be only heard by racists, then it is quite interesting how progressives seem to be the only people who can hear them. - Leonydus Johnson

What makes a good soldier? The ability to fire 3 rounds a minute in any weather. - Major Richard Sharpe

Offline Old n Grumpy

Gee what a surprise. The court with the 3rd most overturned decisions (79%) voted against the Constitution.

You have to remember to the libs the constitution is only a piece of paper. :thatsright: :loser:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline SVPete

Maybe someone more familiar with matters legal than I am can explain this better, but the district court’s decision was not overturned, and the 9th didn’t rule on the merits of the case. It sounds like the district court’s decision is on hold pending a decision on a earlier similar case.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline ADsOutburst

Star Member kpete (67,648 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100215549532

9th Circuit Blocks Ruling That Overturned California's Ban On Assault Weapons
!!!YES!!!

JUST IN: The US 9th Circuit Court of Appeals has blocked a federal judge's controversial ruling that overturned California's longtime ban on assault weapons, in which he likened the AR-15 to a Swiss Army knife.
The fact that this tidbit is presented out of context is not lost on me.

The comparison to the Swiss Army knife was, I assume, to illustrate the AR's versatility and configurability. But this DU post makes it sound like the judge was just making some inane comparison.

Offline old dog 2

• pork eating infidel
You have to remember to the libs the constitution is only a piece of paper. :thatsright: :loser:

Without the 2nd amendment the rest of the Constitution is just toilet paper waiting to get flushed.
Truly, whoever can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.  - Voltaire