Author Topic: This already has 68 replies...  (Read 440 times)

Offline Kc25

• **** your feelings.
This already has 68 replies...
« on: June 21, 2021, 01:08:46 AM »
I think it will be interesting. One DUmmie lamenting other DUmmies being mean... and harkens back to better, nicer days on DU.
Some talk about Purges, and meta forums and other antics... and a POSUCS meltdown..? This danged phone makes it a pita to bring responses over but here is the start:
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100215545230
General Discussion (Forum)» Years ago we had more of ...

12 hrs ago

Cary

Years ago we had more of a camaraderie at DU

Once upon a time I regarded DU as home. Later I found myself relegated to one group or another and, unable to rise above the silliness, I participated in various battles.

We seem to have moved beyond those battles, yet I experience the same puerile tactics and find myself still pondering the best way to reply. "If you don't like it, don't look at it." "If you have a problem, then you have a problem." In response to heavier abuse: " You don't say?" or "Is that right." ... I could devise any other number of platitudes designed more to hold myself back than to express any sort.of.substance. Several times I announce flat out, with surprising success, that obtuse replies will be ignored.

A better man than I might simply walk away, or put abusive people on ignore,.as responding at all to an internet flake is a waste of good energy. And perhaps my plea, here, is a waste of good energy. People are what they are and those who come here in bad faith are not going to hear my plea.

Watch. There will be several who twist my words and will attempt to hijack this thread and distract me. In my last.opening post I estimate the nonsense replies at 30%.

So here is my plea:.Can we be nicer to each other? It isn't difficult. We used to be nicer to each other. If we play the same stupid.games with each other, what hope do we have dealing with the cult? Don't we need to be better than they are? Don't we need to be more functional, more rational, and more resolute?

Where is it written that I have to be perfect? Why do other people have any right to challenge me or try to belittle me? If you disagree then you can express that in a nice way. Why do you want to gaslight? What's the point? If you do this youndon't actually hurt me. If you play these.games.with me you're telling me that you're an asshole,.and nothing more.

I expect nothing. Such is the state of my confidence in my fellow liberals. Surprise me for a.change.

The DUMMIES are talking about divisive posters and how they suspect they're moles... etc. Lol this could be some GOLD!

Offline Drafe Hoblin

Re: This already has 68 replies...
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2021, 05:55:34 AM »
Mental-laziness... ?  The urge to interact with society but not wanting to put any effort into it.

When the public-school system stopped teaching civics and social-studies, that was the beginning of the decline. 

Offline SVPete

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2021, 08:21:00 AM »
To quote Herbert Lom from “Hopskotch” moles tend to be “drab colorless people”, so as not to attract attention and scrutiny.

DU was founded on hatred and hatred is its core. Hate-driven people eventually turn their hatred inward, on fellow DU-folk and on themselves.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2021, 09:52:58 AM »
Quote from:
jalan48

8. Identity politics and the power struggles between groups.

Quote from:
Cary

42. DU is an internet b.s. board

DU is of no consequence. DU is representative of nothing.

The malicious, inspid games that some seemed compelled to play are just pure stupidity. The only thing more pathetic are the right wing moper sites where the cowards repost our comments and fall all over each other to make a bigger fool of themselves.

:rotf: :lmao: :rotf: :lmao: :rotf: :lmao: :rotf:

You and your fellow primitives serve up a daily dose of crazy and stupid and I'm not suppose to take notice and laugh at it? And that makes me pathetic and a coward? How so? How does pointing out that you and your fellow libs are consistent hypocrites and liars make those who highlight and document those very things "pathetic" and "cowards"? Isn't one of the main objectives of DU to point out how wrong your political opposition is from your POV? What are we doing that's any different than that? Because that automatically places you in the "pathetic" and "coward" category, too, as per your own definition. You're the fool.

Besides, you're going to get much more honest and accurate answers here to your inquiries than you'll ever get over there. To answer your plea of "Can we be nicer to each other?", the answer is "No!" Simple as that. I see no one on your thread came out and directly told you that. Chances are because they are the pathetic cowards. But, you will find in a short time that my answer is the truth. You whackjobs enjoy being at each others throats and wallowing in misery. Your silly pleas won't change that.

You're pitiful, Cary. Your thoughts are simpleminded, at best. You and all your fellow libs are entertainment for those of us who are, and always will be, more intelligent than you could ever hope to be and, quite frankly, better than you. Stay in your cesspool of hate. You dug the hole, now enjoy swimming in it. Begrudging those who see you for what you are only adds to our laughter.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline landofconfusion80

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2021, 07:18:36 AM »
Building on that last paragraph:
One Who Grows (244 posts)
20. absolute bullshit. the cave is unspeakably vile.

I don't know how any of you can live with yourselves.

:)

Offline freedumb2003b

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2021, 07:48:25 AM »
A sack full of earnest yet self-aggrandizing and boring posts.

I got bored and left after 5 or 6.

These people have no lives and if I had to exist in their delusional ones I would have to blow my brains out.
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.