Author Topic: Reasons for Hating President Bush...What Have I Missed?  (Read 3793 times)

Offline Splashdown

• Out of 9 lives, I spent 7
Reasons for Hating President Bush...What Have I Missed?
« on: January 04, 2008, 07:18:24 PM »
GOPBasher   (1000+ posts)      Fri Jan-04-08 07:48 PM
Original message
Reasons for hating President Bush... What have I missed?
 I have this list of reasons I hate President Bush, listed on this blog. I also added a few in a response. Am I forgetting anything?

http://openletterstopresidentbush.blogspot.com /

*An unnecessary, unjust, immoral and illegal war based on incorrect intelligence at best, and outright lies at worst
*Gross incompetence in handling that war
*Rampant corruption and cronyism
*$3 trillion added to that national debt in seven years, the vast majority coming in the first six years, with a “fiscally conservative” (say that with straight face) Republican congress
Soaring trade deficits, hitting $763.3 billion in 2006
*A severely weakened dollar
*A health care crisis you did nothing about – sky-rocketing costs leaving 47 million uninsured, millions more under insured and even fully insured middle class families in dire straights in the event of serious medical problems
*An energy crisis you did nothing about – especially the continued reliance on oil, the rapidly escalating costs of which are tricking throughout the economy
*Failed educational policy
*A severely degraded environment, jeopardizing the ecological sustainability necessary for future prosperity

*Stagnant wages among all workers, even degreed professionals, and steadily disappearing manufacturing jobs

*Severe restrictions of liberties essential to democracy, such as freedom of speech and religion

*Imprisonment without any actual charges, without any representation, without any hope for those who may not be guilty of anything

*Use of torture

Some silly blather. What I found most unusual is that the DUmmie actually said "President Bush." Go Figure.

Link: http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x2595106
Let nothing trouble you,
Let nothing frighten you. 
All things are passing;
God never changes.
Patience attains all that it strives for.
He who has God lacks nothing:
God alone suffices.
--St. Theresa of Avila

"No crushed ice; no peas." -- Undies

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
Re: Reasons for Hating President Bush...What Have I Missed?
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2008, 07:22:36 PM »
....and that's going to be their downfall, not just the dummies, but the candidates. They are spending ALL of their time running against someone that isn't even f'n running. When they get to the general election, they're toast. I'm not supporting Huckabee, but if he's the winner in the primaries, they're toast. That man could, to borrow a phrase from Tommy Boy, sell ketchup to a woman in white gloves.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline Flame

Re: Reasons for Hating President Bush...What Have I Missed?
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2008, 07:27:30 PM »
I'll give the Dummie one of his/(her?) points...the failed educational policy.  The No Child Left Behind /is a total trainwreck.  Good idea in theory, but there is NO WAY to fairly implement it.